Reviews for Reclamation and Its Discontents
marvis chapter 1 . 2/10
omg,so fuking creepy, but I coudnt stop reading
theglassalchemist chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I've read this story so many times and it seriously brakes my heart every time D;
I love it! So so much 33
CreativeChilde chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
. that is me screaming because its six in the morning and i cant scream out loud. ok.

i liveblogged reading this because it was that good

and i am just

BUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SO GOOD

OK

DYING NOW I CAN NOW DIE HAPPY

IF I COULD UNFAVORITE ALL MY FAVORITE STORIES EASILY AND JUST HAVE THIS ONE AS MY FAVORITE I WOULD OK.
Celestial Secrets chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I was trying to think of reasons why this story has so few reviews. It could be anything from the pairing, to the length, to the fact that many readers probably had no idea what was going on. So sad, they're missing out. If they read all the way through, the pieces are there for us to put together. I rather like that nothing is explicit, it gives the story more of a frosted window feel. This story is so melancholy, but I'm glad the ending wasn't so tragic as to kill of our favourite kissing cousins.
Vulpesacris chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
The little things:

I was about to choke and throw up my heart when I thought that Kabuto had the last laugh. But we all forget what Shisui is capable of.

I find it quite amusing how you write Shisui's opinion of Sasuke (it's perhaps one of the less complicated facets of his personality). You made the dialogue between Kabuto and Shisui perfect. They tell us so much about their personalities (though not of their plans!).

The tower was a nice touch. It gave the story a secluded feeling and the brief moments of flashbacks or interaction with the outside world seemed much more distant, contrasted.

On the whole (only because your story is so epically long and it's hard to praise every single detail):

I'm trying to get used to your melancholy style though I don't think I ever will. The numbness that you put there is the best part about your writing. We always seem to be looking into their world, detached, yet the story makes you feel so much.

Your choice in words is also flawless. I wonder at how many years of dedication I'd have to put in to ever compare to your worst. I read some fanfics because they are feel-good pieces (the whole point of fanfics, or so I had thought), but I read yours because it's real writing. Something that as a book, would be kept and treasured. I feel rather stingy with my choices of favourite authors, but you are undoubtedly one of them. Have you ever thought of publishing yout own works? Or perhaps you are already a published author. Thank you for the beautiful story.

Happy New Year!
ShirouHokuto chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
So excellent and painful - fantastically written. *_* I love it!
primary colours123 chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Hey,

Thanks for yet another amazing story. I really don’t feel anything I’ll say right now will do justice to this fic.

Perfect portrayal of both the ‘Reclamation’ and its ‘Discontents’.

Your Obsessive!Manipulative!Shisui is absolutely delicious.

Spine chilling, memorable, and absolutely perfect. I wonder how this story does not have many more reviews.

Please keep making more Itachi-Shisui stories. You bring them to life with your amazing storytelling talents.

Take care.

pc123
Medicinal Biscuit chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
I loved your Shisui. In many of the stories I've read, Shisui is always personified as a martyr, someone really tragic and kind of perfectly frozen in time. I love how flawed and dark your character is, it's really more realistic when you think about it.

This story was frigid and twisted, and your Kabuto was dead-on perfect. I loved it, very nice, very haunting like only you can do.
Nocturnal Smile chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
This left me speechless, I'm in shock that you don't have your own humongous following of devotees at this point. Seriously, you don't write stories, you write masterpieces and just plain art of the Mona Lisa variety. All the details, the build up, the power play between Kabuto and Shisui, Itachi's attempt at rekindling a relationship or an escape plan or some combination (I still can't tell, so I also love you for his complexities), it's all amazing. Inspiring.

The end, too, I love how you tell it from the outside looking in, and when you do- there's nothing in there to see. It was so thought-provoking: someone once said that if you have to blow up the safe to open it and you destroy it's contents along the way, it's the safe's win, not yours. This story reminds me of that, because he took what made Itachi essentially Itachi and replaced it with his own story, his own dream of what Itachi should be. I don't think anyone really won that war.

Of course, that's all if I'm reading it right. I could be totally off base here. XD

Long story short, thank you for writing this. Really, thank you. It's definitely one of those stories that hits you and stays with you for months if not years; it's not something you can ever forget in the best way possible.
bonjourmeadow chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Gorgeous, love.

You are by far my favorite author. If you write a book you must tell me. This is art. I had to research in order to read this story. I don't follow Naruto so at first I was confused. It all clicked and my God this is such a wonderful piece of work. So much love and emotion put into this.
Bankface chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Dude. That was good. I don't really get it. but it was good. uh. In the end, did they erase Itachi's memories or something? But isn't that what they had originally planned to do? Or were they planning on killing him. uh. That was good.
Distressed fan chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
If it's not too much trouble, could you explain the ending to me? o.o

I don't mean to be vague or rude, but I'm just really amazed at your writing. It's written so well.. you should seriously pursue getting some original work published one day xD
Kiasarene chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Holy crap, am I first to review? Oh lord. I don't even know what to say. You've been one of my favorite authors for a long time, but I feel like this story just reached a new level of genius.I'm trying not to gush. Can you tell? I think I'm in shock. I'm writing short sentences. Can you tell? That ending-or everything, lets go with everything- was just. Wow. I mean WOW. I was so into this, it's made my whole month. And I started school again this month. So. Yes. May I just say, you and you're godly writing probably deserve some convoluted religion in my head right .

And the Kabuto in there? hsgdehcbuiehdbjcurhvb. Wow.