Reviews for Skin Remembers
Kariu chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
"People misunderstand their relationship because ADV made a mistake, translating "love" instead of "like" when Kaworu talked to Shinji before their fight."

Wrong.

Absolutely, bloody wrong.

As someone who's taken Japanese going on four years now, I'd like to correct you. ADV did not make a mistake; "suki" does translate into "love" in modern Japan. "Ii" is the standard translation of "like". If you were looking for an "aishiteru" then tough luck- "aishiteru" is extremely old fashioned and not used often in Japanese culture today. So, in essence, Kaoru *did* say he loved Shinji. And at the end of the episode, Shinji returns the sentiment when he says that he loved Kaoru. Whether this was in a romantic or brotherly sense, will remain unknown. I'm not taking sides; granted, I'm a fan of KaoruxShinji myself, but I'm also a logical person and I don't tend to like couples put together with absolutely no support to it whatsoever. I agree that people don't know exactly what their relationship is, but that isn't for you to decide either.
Miss Ayanami chapter 1 . 11/11/2003
This is most deserving of a Squee. I Squeed in the library at school, even. .

And while the summary did turn me away at first, the reviews made me think it might be worth a read. It was. .

The last line is truely beautiful.
Telp chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Wow, that was wonderful. _ I love this pairing, and you did a great job writing about it.

Oh, and Bart Jones, you're an idiot. There was no mistake in the translation, and ever if there was you CANNOT watch Eva and say that the pairing of Kaworu and Shinji isn't there. I hate people like you.

But, back to the fic, I really enjoyed the last line and the part about his hands. I don't know why I enjoyed the hands so much. I hope I don't have a hand fetish. O_o;
Bennu chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
Hi, I'm very new to Eva fandom...this is the first fic I've reviewed, anyway. I was considering just lurking in the Eva section, seeing as how every Shinji/Kaworu story seemed to be accompianied by flames...but this was so good, I can't even begin to imagine ignoring it. It's perfect. Just...incredible. The last line is so good, it's like being punched in the gut - it just takes your breath away, stuns you, hurts you because it's so sad and wonderful. Going on my Favorites list for sure!

~Bennu
squirrelgoddess chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
WONDERFUL! Very lovely. I loved it.

Bart Jones and Jeff Alan can bite me, but I personaly LOVE the "error" in translation, and if you'll take noitice, in the movie when the giant Rei... thing... turns into Kaworu, Shinji leans foward into what looks like... OH MY GOD A KISS! Yes, a kiss. At least that's what I think, and so does my homophobic brother. So to those close minded people can hence to perdition.

Oh, and Bravo, you have a true talent with words._
LadyRune chapter 1 . 10/22/2002
Feh. I liked it. Even if those other people seemed to stop reading at your disclaimer. I understand what it's like to write something and post it just for yourself, and I make damned clear in my stories that I don't intend for this to be for anyone else. If they don't understand that...well, poop on them ;)
Melissa chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
Yo!

Me - big - fan - you - fics

sorta - short - but anywayz

don't - be - discouraged
sammy-chan chapter 1 . 8/28/2002
T-T So sad...WAAAAHHH! KAWORU-KUN! SHINJI-KUN!Okay calming myself down...this was quite depressing and also very in character (In my mind anyway). This was really well done! You captured so many feelings in so few words...WONDEFUL! _ Thank you for posting this..._
Gothic Lo chapter 1 . 5/31/2002
Beautifully written...
Kora chapter 1 . 3/13/2002
awww how sweeet *glomps*
Krystal Rose chapter 1 . 3/11/2002
I know what you mean. It's nice to write things in times of depression to help get everything out. I'm glad you posted this little tid-bit.

You've got some nice imagery here. It kind of fits with the surrealism that the last few episodes just radiate. I'm totally with you on the KaworuxShinji pair. If only they lived in different circumstances. *sniffles*

And one last thing. You last two guys need to get a life. It's just a fic. If you don't like it, write your own.
Bart Jones chapter 1 . 3/4/2002
Sorry dear, but I'm with Jeff Alan. You don't want critics, don't post it. When you post a fic, you must expect someone doesn't like it and tells you so. Self-pity has its time and place, but is NOT the place. Stop playing Kimberly Brown, please.

And on to the fic, I must say this:

- this seems to be yaoi (I say "seems" because, it's so short one can't safely tell), and I have to say something about that: Shinji and Kaworu were not gay, and their affection was not of that kind. People misunderstand their relationship because ADV made a mistake, translating "love" instead of "like" when Kaworu talked to Shinji before their fight.

- on the other hand, it's well written. It has soul, it stirs feelings other than "Agh, not another fangirl fantasy", it has good grammar and spelling. You have talent.

- it's very short. And frankly, I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

That's all. Till next fic...
Jeff Alan chapter 1 . 3/3/2002
What's with your disclaimer? What's the point in POSTING it if you don't want feedback? Is this supposed to be some new kind of strategy to avoid flames? I can understand just WRITING it for yourself but then you wouldn't need to actually submit it. And telling all your readers right off the bat that they probably won't understand it or appreciate it is extremely rude. Don't assume your audience is stupid. Well, you don't want any feedback on this fic? Fine, I won't give any. Just lay off the attitude. Other people get depressed too but you don't need to take it public. Don't think you have it the worst out there. Sorry if this sounded harsh but I'm not someone who believes in the value of self-pity.
Galileo chapter 1 . 3/2/2002
I like reading ppls povs I really like some of the sentences you created in here
Angel chapter 1 . 3/2/2002
Very nice. Very noce indeed.