Reviews for A Whole New World
MangaObsessed18 chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
so true its all so true, even down to people having their seats taken. not usually someone taking a dead persons seat. sometimes they'll show up half way through the service and demand their seats from someone who has been there the whole time but took empty seats that were closer to the bema because they couldnt afford to pay for them. that whole part is confusing and a little ridiculous
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Sweet and funny. but my favorite liine was actually this one: "Great. If you keep the fast I have to keep the fast."
Alex chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
First of all- "I married a Jew who flunked his catechism class" had me laughing so hard I almost fell oout of my seat. I also enjoy how you portray Bonnie's conversion and Ron's general slackness about the rituals.

This is the kind of nice little family story that brings me back to your BEverse time and time again.

Daryl chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
omg. you couldn't have said that last line. LOL. what happened then.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
I don’t think I got much of the humor about this one, except that Bonnie’s last line certainly sounded rather tactless. Problem is I never really get much in these religion-heavy episodes, and Ron being Mr. Exposition kinda gets boring for me rather fast. That aside, for what was said, do I take this story is placed during Bonnie’s first pregnancy, right?

Well, whatever the case, it’s good to see some focus on the secondary couples as well. Here wondering if there’s ever gonna be more of Aaron and Becky to learn about.

Yours, “Right out of the shower” Alexander/Alexlayer.

PD: In case you’ve been wondering, I’ve decided I’ll be reading “Identity Crisis” once it’s completed.
noncynic chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I hope your remark was taken in good humor. Nice story.
soulman3 chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
You really know your Rosh Hashanah good.

Bonnie learn alot about Jewish tradations in one was some sound like Ron need to go back more services.I'm sure his Rabbi wouldn't mind speaking towards him for hours on it stick!

Not to disrespectful to , but holden a seat up for dead husband.I understand they're honor you're years of she can't get upset anyone sit in her personal spot.

Good work.
Desslock3 chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
A nice little light hearted piece focusing on Ron and Bon in your continuing universe. (Maybe with all the drama I throw in to my Ron Bon I should inject a little extra humor too). I especially loved how you used a real life experiance and wove it in to this fic, knowing that something similar had really happened made the story seem more real. And I feel for you for being baffled by some of the events of the services, I've attended Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Jewish, and Muslim services and found them all to be equally baffling to me.
zutAra101 chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Haha, funny thing is,to me at least; is that my church is starting Yom Kippur on my birthday...I can never forget when Yom Kippur is, unless I forget that I was born on that day. :D

It's cool though both last year and this year Yom Kippor fell on or near my birthday...wonder if that's a reflection of anything :)

MrDrP chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
What do ministers do with a five minute break during worship prep? Read Kim Possible stories about Jewish high holiday services.

First the critique: there isn't anything in here other than the names "Ron" and "Bonnie" to indicate this is a Kim Possible story. The characters sound generic and the usual loopiness of the KP universe is absent.

Now, the praise: as a story, this succeeded. The pacing and timing were on and the dialog flowed naturally. Most important, you did a great job building up to the punch line. You also captured the special dynamic of interfaith relationships. Well done.

Well, back to that worship prep.

And Chag Sameach and a belated 'Shanah Tovah ...

P.S. in the interests of ecumenical comity, it should be acknowledged that rabbis aren't the only ones to, er, maximize sermon opportunities when worship attendance is high ...
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Good buildup for a great line. You have a great talent for introducing detail without ever threatening to overwhelm or bore the reader. And of course, there's always a welcome dose of humor.
Fabius Maximus chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
I can sympathize with Bonnie. I remember being taken to a full press Eastern Orthedox service by a close friend. This Episcopalian was completely and utterly lost, bu the people were friendly and talked me through it.

But, on another note, the fact that Bonnie, someone who has always been very detirmined to keep control and in fact fearful of losing it, would set off into such uncharted waters to be with Ron shows her love. Sometimes love is about huge gestures...and sometimes it's the quiet "I want to share your life- all of it".
creativetoo chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Great story. Loved it. Brought back memories of the looonnnggg sermons and services.

Haven't attended Yom Kippur services in years but did take part, as it were, in a live webcast, Friday night, from Temple Beth El in Hollywood, FL.

Found my mom's old prayer book and followed a long with the service.

Mom would have loved being able to observe from home. (Both she and dad are gone a few years now.)

This story brought a serious smile to my face. :)

zamzowwow chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Wish you you could have posted a picture of Ron's and the guys face as Bonnie said that. I also thank you for the insight into hebrew services.
List of Romantics chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Oh, What a Minefield! With your being more learned than the avg. bear when it comes to religious matters, I shudder to think how bad the lay gentile would have it. Again, what a minefield! LOL!

I, however, will once again count my blessings that my girlfriend is Shinto/Buddhist. As her girlfriend, it's a pretty sweet gig for me ;3

Well Played, Lawrence. Keep On Keepin' On.

All this talk of challah is making me hungry for french toast.