Reviews for The Star in the Ocean
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Very well-written! This story is amazing! I like the reflective tone and descriptive language a lot! Awesome job!
Crimson Cupcake chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
The last line killed me. Oh Maglor. Oh my dear Maglor. It's so angsty, but somehow not as sad as it could have been. Bittersweet, I suppose. But the last line is absolute genius. Only I think it should be War 'on', not War 'to' But the idea is just...wow.
FireFly07 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
This almost made me cry, seriously. Maglor seems like such a sad character, I like how you use that fact to make great stories.

I adore your story gallery.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
I like how you keep a certain distance from the emotions here. This is an insightful piece, and I love the star comparison.
Adaneth chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
I really love this story. I think that the last line reflecs him kind of finally realising how hopeless his quest was, from the beginning to the end.

It's really beautifully written!
purple-sorceress chapter 1 . 1/28/2003
Wow, that was really good. It's poignant and thoughtful. Thank you
Tinuwen chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
This is extremely well written! *wipes away a tear* Poor Maglor! It made me want to cry! *sniffles* A wonderful masterpiece! So full of vivid detail and emotion! Thank you for writing this!
Staggering Wood-Elf chapter 1 . 8/14/2002
Wow.

I love the ending especially. And it says so much in a few words, and he's very in character. Lovely story.
Kazaera chapter 1 . 6/8/2002
This is *very* good. I've always been fascinated by Maglor, and his fate. We need more Maglor-fics - I promise I'll write one later! ;)
Mouse chapter 1 . 5/2/2002
Beautifully written. That last line- wow. An interesting, original pick of Feanor's sons. Very well done.
Ardil the Traveller chapter 1 . 4/10/2002
Well, what can I say but Wow. You wrote this really well. It's very good. Very good indeed.
Oboe-Wan chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
Oh wow. you know, your prose has the same feel as your poetry... well, yes, I imagine you would know that.

Again, you've captured so perfectly not only Maglor's despair, but the whole feel of Middle-Earth. Very beautiful.
Rociriel chapter 1 . 3/31/2002
Beautiful!

I'd like to see more Silmarillion based things.
mouseboxer chapter 1 . 3/3/2002
Pretty good. Just a few stylistic things...one thing is, 'flee' is a verb..you probably want to say 'flight' instead.
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 3/2/2002
Glad to see there is another Malgor fan out there. I think you really get into his head, and the ending is right on.