Reviews for The Wizard in the Shadows
anonymousnarker chapter 19 . 5/6
Grima is a hybrid of Snape and Pettigrew, only lacking all the good qualities they had.
theawesomeyvetel chapter 13 . 5/6
Legolas' Lothlorien line makes me think of the song Emerald City from Wicked. 'Oh, I've always wanted to see the Emerald City!'. Sad thing is, I can imagine Legolas saying that.
DragonSiren7 chapter 1 . 5/6
Loved it. So, so much. Exactly what I needed to get my mind off AP exams. AND you wrote Child of Thunder! I think that's what it's called anyway... ya know, the one with Thor as Harry's dad and, yeah... Well... Anyway! You are amazing, and fantastic, and I love your characterization in all your stories - and thank you, so much, for not falling into the bash!trope. No more freaking random bashing. Except on Grima. And Peter. Then it's ok.
Anyhow, fantastic, loved it! I am now going to see if there are any more stories rotten by you that I recognize...
Ciao!
Acolyte of the Blood Moon chapter 38 . 5/3
Thanks for the story, it was good to read a fic that showed that the writer actually read the book, not just seen the movies, as good as they were. Now,a slight correction: in the previous chapter, you accidentally wrote Ring of the War, and in this one, wrote Maglor instead of Maedhros when describing Ginny, or made Maglor refer to himself in third person. These minor details aside, this was a fabulous read, and I am going straight to the sequel!
guitarlover56784 chapter 9 . 4/30
Ohhhh YES!
Duncan0Idaho chapter 38 . 4/27
So I finished reading this after I read on tvtropes you consider this an old shame.

Why? Its fantastic, despite you sticking to canon in this case is not a problem, Harry's interference cannot change things much. Some of the deaths were uneeded and could have saved much drame in canon as you showed. The freeing the children of feanor from the oath was a master stroke, same as harry being distantly elvish, it helps to connect closer to the work rather than just simple Harry being a foreginer in a new world.

It is certainly better than most stuff I happen to stumble, heck this alone is better than 99% of Naruto fanfiction and most Bleach fanfiction to give you an example.

I am reading a different fic that crosses Naruto with LOTR and I feel you managed nail middle earth better than many stories have done.

It is sad that you declared the sequel deader than death.
dloold87 chapter 12 . 3/24
seriously, pairing of Ginny and Harry always bewildered me. He never ever show any interest in her before his sixth year.. I thought it was a love potion originally since that would explain the sudden infatuation, but now I realize it was a cop out on the authors part. However, I still do not like the pairing, and prefer him and Hermione, as that makes more sense. I really hope you don't keep Ginny and the others in middle earth.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 38 . 3/18
nice
Reichenfaust chapter 1 . 3/7
It's definitely good, and I wish you would continue the second story, but I know your busy with Child of the Storm.
s-david-m chapter 24 . 2/18
Their reunion after 4 years seemed a little lacklustre. Your characters also have a tendency towards verbal diarrhoea, where they just dump way more information than would be expected in a normal conversation. Harry's done it quite a bit, revealing lots of personal information, which is OOC.
s-david-m chapter 23 . 2/18
Fiendfyre is the perfect spell to cast on an army bunched in a valley. It would decimate at least half the army, with his friends protected behind walls of stone.

So Harry just proved he could create portkeys, which makes me wonder why he didn't use them with the Fellowship instead of apparition. They work differently, so Saruman couldn't have protected against that too.
Bobboky chapter 38 . 2/10
Awesome story
Rune Tobor chapter 38 . 1/11
Well done!
Rune Tobor chapter 12 . 1/11
Dang! I was hoping they would hurt the worm! Maybe kill it...
Rune Tobor chapter 9 . 1/10
Good job showing us not just Harry's adventure but also some of the events in the wizzy world.