Reviews for What a Lovely Way to Burn
Smayz chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
That was beautiful.
Frenchhornbook chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I love the background you provided for Hooch!
srhittson chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
I never thought of this couple till I read another story and it had them so I had to find more and this is the first one I chose. I'm surprised there are so many
BrokePerception chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Awww. Very well written once again and extremely in-character.
A for Antechinus chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Hey this was really good. I quite enjoyed it. Thankyou. A
abacab chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Utterly adorable and well-written!
JUJUChick16 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
WOW...who knew? I loved this, you wrote it with alot of maturity, skill and well all around AWESOMENESS! I love your stories!
Swallow B chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I am glad you wrote this. I had wondered where Rolanda was during the Battle of Hogwarts. I suspected JKR of having forgotten her existence, calling on her only when she needed to write about Quidditch. (Same can be said about Willa who disappeared forever when Hagrid came back in OotP - sorry about the disgression.)

Anyway neither you or Minerva have forgotten her and she finally gets the recognition she deserves,as a fighter and a caring teacher and lover. Good for you for filling the gaps.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
So many elements here that are flawless.

Goofy. Good natured. Dead - poignant and brutally clear, all in the same few words.

I like the fact that you chose to describe her transporting a student rather than some well known canon character (even though I might have liked her to be the one to bring Severus home...) Your choice brings into stark reality the fact that children were primary soldiers in this war...

Her thoughts about those she battled whom earlier she'd taught to fly. How many teachers have born the horror of seeing their students fall from grace (imagine those Jewish teachers in Germany who later came to see their young ones become Hitler youth, or those who've seen a student take those first steps into darkness and known they cannot disuade them...)

The incongrous sunlight. How many in their tine of mourning have actually expressed their genuine surprise that the patterns of life continue just as though nothing has happened...

And Minerva's unbound hair. You know, from being my dear beta, how riveting that image is for me... vulnerable and armored, all at the same time.

Albus the Great Git ! Oh gods, I love that line ! About damn time somebody actually said it !

I greatly appreciate the clipped and clean pasages in which Hooch describes the physical relationship between she and Minerva - the tone is perfect for the acts described - disciplined, controlled, and yet sensual A tasteful handling of the topic as well - we know EXACTLY what's up without blow by blow (oops, no pun intended...) descriptions.

The single welt as a lovers' rune that speaks their private langauge with spare eloquence.

You've dont it again and you never cease to amaze me.

PS - One teeny tiney edit (cream the away)

Blessings and laurels.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Rolanda Hooch... what can I say: a dashing and brilliant warrior (I adored her POV of the battle-imagining it as a Quidditch game so as not to be rattled by what it _really_ was, and very carefully _not thinking_ about how many of her opponents had been her students).

The long-standing affair between Rolanda and Minerva: utterly captivating, painted in the high color it deserves (in the tones of Caravaggio or Delacroix), electric with sexual power from beginning to end. And the specific sex scene: gorgeously specific, emotionally present... if only there were more of its sort. It isn't so much _what they do_ as _what it means to them_.

Thank you!
helewele chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
A delicious little fic :D I love that it is written in a second person pov - it certainly gives the detached feeling to the start of the story, something I'm sure most would feel in such a horrific situation . . . very good, I will enjoy reading again. Hx
aptasi chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Well I never in a million years would have come up with this on my own, yet somehow it works perfectly. The bit with the food was especially sweet.