Reviews for Derranged Marriage
jpraner chapter 12 . 12/31/2014
It's 2 AM and I MUST go to sleep. I had hoped to get through the last chapter. This is a well thought out and emotional story. It took me a long time to understand why he threw that plate of chicken and when I got it...it gave me such a deep insight into this poor kid. You certainly have a way with your plot that makes me hang on tooth and nail. You should write some stories for the comic verse. Their relationship in the 90-94 period was so interesting and convoluted...a writer with your talents might be able to do it justice. (Of course they didn't end happily in the comic verse...but no one does...I choose to ignore what I don't like.)
fuzzyfrog chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
Love this story! Very nice. It made me laugh that the biggest tipoff of the author had never having be to the South were the descriptions of the rain cooling everything off so much, or the evening cooling down. It doesn't really, especially not in the summer. been to If you ever get around to a sequel, I'd definitely want to read it :-)
untouchable hexing witch chapter 13 . 4/30/2014
Awww that was lovely! Thanks for the amazing read!
KiraLocket96 chapter 13 . 4/9/2014
WOW! Epic story. Never thought of Remy's life being like that. You created the characters, themes and atmosphere so well! XD can't wait to read your other stuff.
misuky7 chapter 13 . 3/17/2014
This was brilliant. I do so hope there is a sequel because that was just fangtastic. The plot and the characters were deviously detailed and deliciously so. I adored this story. :3
lovely smile chapter 13 . 9/27/2013
Still one of your best! Can't wait for the sequel...
Guest chapter 13 . 8/10/2013
Looking forward to the sequel
Yaz chapter 13 . 7/6/2013
Wow, I love the story. I read it all in one day! :) 3
alesin123 chapter 13 . 6/6/2013
Loved it! Almost as much as I loved "Blind Leading the Blind" ( nice pun by the way)! Sequel?
YodaIncarnate chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Omg! Great first chappie, love! I'm already hooked.
And I gotta say that last part was HI-LA-RI-OU-S!
Awwesome chapter 13 . 4/3/2013
Please make a sequel! Love this story super cute!
SilverStormfire chapter 13 . 3/11/2013
Hello,
I just finished this story and I really like it. You may have made some grammar mistakes but trust me they weren't that bad. (I would have made a LOT more mistakes then you did. Being an avid reader, I can tell you that I have discovered typing errors and minor grammar errors in books written and published by famous authors.)

What I would love to see is a second part to this story with just a little exploration on sexual intimacy. I am not talking "smut." The way you have developed Remy and Rogue that would be out of character and just wrong but I can see it enveloping into something. If I could write it myself in a way that would justify your creation, I would but I can't. What I can do is tell you my ideas and thoughts and hope someday you might think of using them.

Some of my idea's and thoughts are based upon my educational background in counseling which as given me insight into human nature and some of my idea's come from reading some of the "smut" versions of Rogue and Remy that kept her powers intact.

If you have ever read any of the fanfic stories where the writers keep Rogue's powers out of control but still engage in sex with Remy, then we both know that a sexual relationship is posable but complicated since they can't have skin to skin contact so someone has to be fully clothed and use a condom (a female condom would probably be better and could even be used for oral sex sense it covers more then just the vagina). Kissing is also posable but less satisfying since a cloth would have to cover one of their faces.

From a counseling perspective Rogue jumping into a sexual relationship with Remy is imposable, especially how you developed them. Ever since Rogue's power reared its ugly head, Rogue has actively avoided any type of physical contact unless absolutely necessary. As a form of self preservation and inexperience, she has not allowed herself to contemplate ANY thoughts of innocent intimate touching much less sexual contact with someone. In her mind, there is NO WAY this could happen so she never even thought of alternatives. Plus, until now, she had no motivation to even contemplate posable alternatives. (Nothing worth fighting for) Rogue reaction to touch and touching, as a counselor, makes me think of how individuals with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) react to any situation or stimuli that reminds them of the trauma they experienced (they avoid it like the plague). Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where she is coming from but it makes me wonder if (this was real) that could be why she never gained any control over her powers. (The treatment for PTSD greatly over simplified is to face your fears in a safe environment and to eventually stop running from it because the more you run and avoid it the it HUANTS you.) Rogue is so afraid of hurting someone (understandably) that she is terrified of touching or being touched even fully clothed wearing gloves. The Rogue in your story has overcome some of this fear when it comes to touching Remy. (She no longer flinches or pulls away whenever he touches her and she actively, sometimes without thought, touches him often now.)

Based on your story, I believe Remy really loves Rogue. With someone Remy really loves, I honestly believe he could be a one woman guy but he is also a very sexual guy and I don't know if he could avoid betraying Rogue with someone else especially if their relationship hit a rough patch. That being said, I also believe that Remy loves Rogue so much that he could have an asexual relationship with her without ever cheating on her with another woman as long other woman respect his wishes and don't tempt him by starting something. Essentially, Remy is not interested emotionally or sexually to any other woman but Rogue. Most women don't want to be with a man who doesn't want to be with them so wouldn't start anything. If a woman did not accept his lack of interest and initiated contact anyway (like Bella kissing him without his consent), being a very sexual man he would respond and if is relationship with Rogue is at a rough spot he might more then just respond even though he would hate himself afterwards.

Rogue is not stupid and after seeing how Remy responded at first to Bella's kissing him, she has to know (or have nightmares about) the possibility that someday Remy will betray her with another woman if he is never able to have some sort of sexual intimate relationship with her. I am also sure that Rogue is smart enough to know that Bella is the one women obsessed enough with Remy to take full advantage of the situation. If Remy ever betrayed Rogue with another woman because they could never be sexually intimate, even if it was emotionally against Remy's will (an act of physical release without any emotional attachment) it would destroy Rogue, even if she knew without a shadow of a doubt that his heart wasn't in it.

My thoughts (if you were willing) for a sequel: titled ? - Fighting For the One You Love. Because of Rogue's powers, she never thought she would find someone who could ever love her for who she is until now. After Remy was willing to sacrifice himself for her, Rogue believes him when he says he loves her, but she can't forget the fact that for a short time Remy kissed Bella back when Bella kissed him. That kiss between Bella and Remy haunts Rogue's dreams, invades her nightmares, and disturbs her sleep. She never thought someone would ever love her and now she is haunted by the possibility that someday she will lose him because they can never touch.

This is what I thought of: Rogue wakes up after an unrestful night filled with nightmares of Bella and Remy intimately kissing and touching while Bella taunts Rogue that Rogue can never give Remy what he needs. They are still at Remy's family house tying up some loss ends before their flight out to the French Riviera. While Remy is still sleeping Rogue goes down stars and starts some coffee not wanting Remy to see her upset. While Rogue is making coffee, there is a knock on the door and when Rogue answers it she is surprised to see Brandy the prostitute from the other day. Brandy indicates she came over to give her condolences about John Luk's death and to apologies to Rogue about how she was talking about Remy since she found out that Rogue was actually his wife not just a relative. (I thought about Brandy the prostitute talking to Rogue because she is bubbly and personable, the kinda person you can't help but like, and because she is a prostitute and therefore would view sex completely different then Rogue would.) Brandy may be a little of an airhead but she is not clueless, recognizes that Rogue is upset and asks her what is wrong. For whatever reason, maybe because of all that had happened over the past week, Rogue breaks down and tells Brandy all about her powers, the kiss between Bella and Remy, her nightmares, and her greatest fear over someday losing Remy because they could never touch each other that way. (Remember Rogue NEVER though she would be able to ever have sex with someone so she NEVER thought about sex much less contemplated that it was posable to have sex without skin to skin contact.) Brandy is sympathetic and curiously asks some rather intimate questions about Rogue's powers - all of skin contact including her lips, tongue, and saliva? (I know ew but the main reason the tongue part came to me is for two reasons 1. Rogue has kissed someone on x-men but never licked someone so maybe her powers only affect the outside services not the inside and 2. I have a young daughter that is obsessed with cats and she often tries to lick me to show affection and because she knows it bugs me.) Brandy asks curiously if Rogue can't even kiss someone then how in the world did Remy kiss her when he married her without passing out. Rogue tells Brandy about the vale which gives Brandy an idea (after all she is a prostitute who is very familiar with sex and probably had some very unique client requests that may have included masks maybe even limited skin to skin contact). Brandy proceeds to reeducate Rogue about sex, and opens Rogue's eyes to the possibility that sexual contact might not be as imposable as she thought. (That doesn't mean that Rogue would immediately jump Remy because you don't loose years and years of conditioning over night and I really like the idea of them taking their time to explore this possibility because they have the rest of their lives to get it right.
Gambit's green eyed Chere chapter 13 . 2/3/2013
Oh gawd...*tears well*... Please write a sequel
Oh I just love that moon bit...please make a sequel... I want to see a kiss...I WANT TO SEE A KISS AAARARAHSGADBDSNFHNFNFJHNDJJ JF *throws chair against a wall*
Unique the BOSS chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
It has my name in here YAY!
jacksperluvr chapter 13 . 11/22/2012