Reviews for Death Row
Emma-Please1 chapter 9 . 12/23/2017
Oh jeez, this is perfect. Every character that came to visit Dexter broke my fucking heart, but I didn't fully lose it until Angel came in. Those last few lines Angel says, about how if there was anyone in the world he'd chose to be, it would be Dexter, really struck me down. Honestly, if you look at it from every angle, Dexter isn't good or bad. He does the dirty work so that people are safer, it's just that his dirty work doesn't have things like second chances or mess-ups. And then he turns himself in, unafraid of death or pain because he knows, in the long run, this is probably the one time he'll ever get to be completely free.
GLightning20 chapter 1 . 12/3/2017
so much better ending than death row would've given him
Lolol chapter 9 . 4/11/2017
lololol! Didn't see that ending coming
Bob chapter 9 . 6/18/2016
Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore
Guest chapter 9 . 5/21/2016
Awesome
Alert Observer chapter 9 . 3/30/2016
Well,shit. This has to be the best fanfic I've ever read.
The characters are perfect: I can see this happening in the series word for word.
Masuka would really be speechless, Doakes would be respectful, Rita would be heartbroken, hesitant, but ultimately strong in making him explain to the kids. Astor would be hostile and hard headed, Cody would be blindly accepted and thus eroded, Laguerta would get "bad cop" out of the way and then thank Dexter for turning himself in, and grant his final request to her, Angel would prize their friendship and accept him. Deb would avoid coping by losing herself in a drunken haze,and shoot Dex when he came to say goodbye.
With the mask lifted, he would be able to give the humans in his life closure, and say goodbye, rather than leave them angry, confused, grieving after he smashes into a storm. Also, Rita would live, maybe find a good man for the first time in her life, or just give up and waste away. Trinity would escape and continue killing, Travis would complete his tableus, and maybe actually commit suicide. Zach would keep killing and eventually get caught. Vogel may have died anyway. LaGuerta and Doakes may get back together. Matthews would't get his full pension. LaGuerta would actually live. And so,so many killers would be free and would keep piling on the bodies.
This may actually be the best-written possible ending to Dexter.
What those around him would have most difficulty coping with is that he is a sociopath and a serial killer, but he loves Deb, cares for Rita, Astor and Cody, his collegues, and he cannot be as bad as his victims,as he (in the series, where he did not turn himself in) saved Trinity's intended victim rather than pursue his next kill.
Now that is a surprise, motherfucker.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 9 . 1/9/2016
This is so incredibly sad.

Wonderfully written. Brilliantly even. Probably the best Dexter-fan-fic I have read. No, certainly the best.

But I still hate it. Dexter is dead. I hate it.
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 8 . 11/12/2015
Definitely one way it could have ended. I'm not sure Deb would've necessarily killed him but it certainly brought in some poetic justice. Thank you for posting.
Wanda chapter 9 . 9/3/2015
I really liked your story :-)
HolyShit chapter 9 . 3/8/2015
That was fucking depressing. Good job!
TigerInTheMoonlight chapter 9 . 2/16/2015
I managed to hold it together until the Angel chapter, and now I'm just covered in tears. Brilliant story!
Shapes chapter 9 . 2/15/2015
I think you just shitted all over my heart with that end...Deb is going to take it even harder than ever now. Great fic, thank you!
WinchesterNimrod chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
Jesus my heart was pounding in my chest. Such a good chapter, can't wait to read more.
Rumo123 chapter 9 . 10/6/2014
A very fitting end I think
iharasu chapter 9 . 5/4/2014
Ahhhh.
Somehow, that hit the spot.