Reviews for Because of the Pocket Watch
LucyLu71958 chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
I swear I've read something just like this (sort of) but it wasn't called 'Aren't You Glad You Didn't Turn On The Lights?'. It was about two girls in a college dorm and there was a killer on the loose. But I think it was 'aren't you glad you didn't open the door?' because her friend was dead in the hall. I don't know - either way, this is awesome. Who wouldn't be set off by a stain on the bed, his brother's face, and the wall? Hahaha apparently Al. Nice job, really cool! The last sentence quote made it even better. Keep writing in the future, your really good at it!
Nova Mode chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
This story definitely had a creepy eerie feeling to it. A simplistic build up that kinda drops your guard down until you read that last sentence. Then there's chills running down your spine.

But I liked it!
CraftyLion chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Okay, confession time. I have never, in fact, ever watched FMA. Perhaps I shall watch it when I'm done with my already long list of "Animes To Watch/To Finish Watching." So I surprised myself by reading this. However, you reviewed my story and I always profile stalk my reviewers. I read reading your descriptions and I was incredibly intrigued. Now, I'm not much of a horror story reader either BUT I just couldn't resist. Maybe it's because it's based off an urban legend and those things real you in like you're a fish. Seriously. It's kind of annoying. Anyway! Onto the actual review -

This is wonderful!

(At this point, I would make a comment about the writing, but since it was written two years ago, I'll give you a break.)

I like this idea of writing a story with an urban legend as the inspiration. I think you did a good job writing this fanfic and made it revolve around this particular legend very nicely. Perhaps it wasn't as scary as you had hoped, but it definitely had a good creepy factor to it. I'm positive that, had I read it closer to my bed time (which is around 1 or 2 AM), it would have been significantly scarier. However, I read it at 8 AM and both my parents were home. Therefore - not as scary. Though that's probably better. I'm not very good at stomaching horror stories. Or movies for that matter.

Any line written in blood is creepy, but those particular words makes the hair on my neck stand straight up. That's like ... that really freaked me out! I might not have nightmares about it tonight, but this will come back to haunt me.

Thank you so much for posting this story! I really enjoyed it, even though it's outside of my typical reading category. I'm happy to have found a story (a good one at that) that focuses on some completely different characters. :D

-CraftyLion
AllenxEdward chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Awesome! That freaked me out. I'll be having nightmares because of that. Poor Ed, poor Al acutally.
Pen-master10019 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
:) you did a pretty good job with this story. And I'm not going to say *nasal voice* "that wasn't scary at all" because I don't really get scared with stories...at all...Well, ya got the formula, my friends practically fell out of their chairs with love for this story, and I think you did a great job :) (so much better than my story TTwTT)
Xtraitor chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
O.O creepy. I was freaked out at the last line. So freaked out that I actually looked up the urban legend, but that just caused me to be even more freaked out. I had never heard this urban legend before so I didn't know what was going to happen. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. But this has made me a little curious, though curiosity killed the cat, as to who killed the roommate, or in this case, Ed.

You inspired me. I think tomorrow I'll finally write another fanfic. I have so many ideas, I'm either too lazy to put them on "paper" or it's my depression keeping me from wanting to do anything. I don't know which. I'm gonna try to get some sleep now.
Fukurou Kimihiro chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
My friend actually showed this to me on her phone and I'm very happy to say that my brain exploded and started leaking out my ears! (not really XD) I got to the part where Ed loses his pocket watch and started screaming at her phone "NONONONONONONONON!" She said, "wait it gets better!"

THEN I got to the part where Al says "I can always investigate in the morning and I started screaming "NONONONONONO! YOU CHECK NOW, YOU BAAAAAKAAAAA! BAKA, BAKA, BAKAAAAAAAAAAAA!" (That means idiot in Japanese by the way)

I almost cried when Al wished he could cry.

I got severely creeped out when I read the last line.

IT WAS SO GOOD! But now Al will never get his body back without Ed... god, now I'm crying. TTwTT

All in all, IT WAS REALLY GOOD!
SoullessElric chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
O_O THAT WAS SO SCARY! I'm afraid to go to bed now... Holy sh*t, that was soooooooo good! I'm so paranoid now! Poor Al. He'll never get his body back, and he doesn't have his older brother to support him. Poor Ed, HE'S DEAD GOSHDARNIT! That last line really did it for me, it was so friggin TERRIFYING...
ShikonnoTamahater chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Is it evil for me to say that this entertained me immensely?

If so, then I'm the friggin' devil incarnate! : D

Excellently well-played in terms of the slight backstory. Could've done with a bit more detail to somber the mood some more, but that's probably just me. I do tend to get a little wordsy.

I wish there had been a little more brother-to-brother dialogue, but once again, most likely just my tendency to rabble.

While this one-shot did not, in fact, scare me, it probably would have it were a little closer to midnight than say, three thirty in the afternoon.

Please continue writing! I definitely enjoy your writing style.
MelloOfTheFluff chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
BAAAAAAH! NO, NOT EDWARD! Lol, I'm sure it was just tomato sauce, riiiight? *is trying to comfort self* well, despite it being a little scary and depressing for me (since I love, love, love Edward lol) you write really well! Keep it up! :o
Teagsiebabe85 chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
OH MY GOD!

THIS STORY GAVE ME THE CREEPS!

Excellent though :D
Thrice the Double U chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Whoa... What happened at the end there? O_O;;; That was really creepy. Did some creeper get 'im? Anyway, awesome story. Keep up the good work.
Hawkpath13 chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Damn, as soon as I read the last line, I turned on my lamp and stared at all four of my walls...
TiinyDottTee chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
OMG this is so good! It definitely chilled me to the bone and I did not expect the ending! Damnnn scared me that part /shudders.

One question.

WHO KILLED EDWARD? TELL ME NAO!
alexzjohnsonfan23 chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
I saw that one! This was a really good story!