Reviews for The Arrangement
FalynnAngel chapter 25 . 4/5/2011
I really liked this side of the story. I don't know if its just me, or being in a overly romantic mood but it gave it such a backlight to Loghain. Beautifully written. Can't wait to see the ending.
Jenna53 chapter 25 . 4/5/2011
Very exciting and a bit frustrating. Thanks.
BlackLeatherRain chapter 25 . 4/4/2011
I have never loved Loghain more. This is truly spectacular. You've brought the man and woman to life in your writings. I look forward to reading more.
Herebedragons66 chapter 25 . 4/4/2011
Wonderful chapter - well worth the wait. :)

To give you an idea of just how much I'm enjoying this story, I just explained what happens in this chapter to my roommate - who has NOT played DA:O, but knows enough about it from listening to me chatter on about being a Cousland to know what happens in the game. I had to fill her in on your AU version, so I could tell her just how worried I am about Ellie and Gareth (GARETH! OMG I am scared for Gareth). Also how much I am coming to despise Cailan.

I love Loghain's decision to not see Ellie as a victim. Who would have thought he could be an optimist? Also, the sentiment, "Not to Gareth, not to any Ferelden child," made my heart feel happy. (And also sad, because we know a lot of Ferelden children will be hurt during the Blight. Please, please, please not Gareth, though. I will be devastated if harm comes to him. BUT, either way, I will respect you for telling whatever story is in your heart to tell).

Such a good chapter. :)
Zute chapter 25 . 4/4/2011
Oooh, what a great chapter. The plot is definitely thickening! I hope you don't keep us waiting too long for the next chapter and to find out what happens to Ellie and Gareth. :) (DA2 isn't that good!)
round.crow chapter 25 . 4/4/2011
I continue to be amazed by this series - this chapter and the last were even more compelling than earlier ones. I've really come to care about these versions of Elissa and Loghain and am looking forward to seeing the events of the Blight through their eyes and in this universe.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
Teutonic Knight 92 chapter 25 . 4/4/2011
I like this story, but I'm sorry Loghain is still an ass and from the sounds of it is still going to betray his king and leige lord. It could just be that I've never liked him from the begining and am a little bias, but I don't like regicides and traitors. Even if he didn't like Calin he still let an entire army die to kill one man and jumped in bed with Howe who lets face it is a down right sadistic bastard.
Pirate Ninjas of the Abyss chapter 25 . 4/4/2011
Please don't just recite the game now. You might not, but it just seems like its going to be. Loghain is awesome.
Medivi chapter 25 . 4/4/2011
You are a phenomenal writer. Looking forward to seeing how this continues!
Sayle chapter 25 . 4/4/2011
I get the nasty suspicious that Howe essentially just signed his own death warrant by accosting Ellie.
Morality0duality chapter 25 . 4/3/2011
This is so wonderfully fucked up why is cailan such and idiot and howe a and could they runicly bomb the valley.
x.Janele.x chapter 25 . 4/3/2011
Oh my gosh, and you leave us with yet another cliffhanger! I'm dying to know what happened to Ellie. And it really doesn't make sense why they would try to kill her as well since she no longer has any claim on Highever. Hmm. I'm dreading the next chapter, because it's the Battle at Ostagar, and we all know how that one ended. I'm hoping you update real soon, the suspense is going to kill me!
Sandtigress chapter 25 . 4/3/2011
:-O Need next chapter now! Can't wait to see how you wrap this all up!
Josie Lange chapter 25 . 4/3/2011
Such stress you've built into this chapter. Ellie facing down Howe's minions and Loghain dealing with the news of Highever's fall and knowing that Ellie and Gareth are most likely next on the hit list.

Then there's Cailan, with all his foolish prancing and only now pretending to be a strong king. If it weren't for the dubious "support" of the Empress, Calian would still likely be a spineless nitwit.

You can tell that Loghain is beside himself with worry about Ellie and Gareth, but has to (maddeningly) put it aside and focus on the bigger picture...saving Ferelden as a whole. How the man doesn't have a stroke or drown himself in the nearest bottle is amazing.

Nice references to TST and the Calling as well, weaving snippets of both into the chapter.

What a great update, and now I'm all stressed out waiting to see what happens when the battle gets underway and the Wardens head for the tower. I don't envy Loghain his decision. I hope Ellie and Gareth will be all right!
Gaspode chapter 24 . 3/31/2011
I may be a diehard Alistair fan but I’ve always found Loghain an intriguing character. The game does not allow for much depth of character but still manages to save him from being just a card board cut out villain and hints at something deeper. It’s obvious he wasn’t always a bad man. I haven’t read the novels of the game so this is what I’ve picked up when playing.

This story, aside from being simply well written, is a really interesting character portrait. It’s a realistic account of how a good man might end up doing bad things. It’s also an equally interesting insight into a marriage with someone who puts his country’s welfare ahead of his own and his family’s. There is a fascinating conflict going on between Loghain’s and Ellie’s obvious love for each other and the strain put on their marriage by politics and Loghain’s inability to set his and his family’s needs ahead of his country’s. Elliea is equally interesting and I'm curious to see how she'll deal with what fate has in store for her.

The familiar story shown at a different angle is a riveting read. You’ve put your own spin on things without making it unrecognisable. The changes feel logical and they also means I have absolutely no idea where it all may lead. I don’t know if you intend to continue the story past the battle at Ostagar but I sincerely hope so. I love to see this new take on familiar characters and a fresh retelling of an old story.
435 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »