Reviews for The Arrangement
Sarah1281 chapter 2 . 9/22/2010
Loghain's so awkward here! I love it. Elissa really does seem to be in a very awkward position her so I'd imagine Loghain's offer seemed like a godsend. Maric is still very amusing here and it will be sad if he does mysteriously vanish in another year.
jenncgf chapter 2 . 9/22/2010
I really like this story so far. It's a really neat take on the DA universe and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Also, you write really, really well and that alone makes your story a joy to read. :)
Gene Dark chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Oh this is truly clever! I could see this happening, if Maric hadn't died. Interesting to think of the political implications of an alliance between Ferelden's only two Teyrnirs. I also like the personal element - Loghain and Maric's banter, Loghain's doubts about his age, and I like your Elissa. Even without the Wardens, she's interesting. I hope you continue this.
Wolfox6 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
An interesting story. The Loghain and Maric banter was well done. That Loghain would be able to leave Elissa in the background while dealing with his duties had me chuckling. He's in for a surprise. Anora being the chief manipulator here is not so much of a surprise. Well written, and entertaining to boot.
Sandtigress chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I like it! You've got Maric and Loghain down pat! Looking forward to seeing where it's going!
VoiDreamer chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Ooh! I like this very much! You keep the characters very much IN character (which is a skill in and of itself) and the plot if refreshingly original :) Can't wait to see what happens next!

Best of luck!

Voi
Amhran Comhrac chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
This is great! There aren't enough AU stories where Maric is still alive, and I love the dynamic with him and a non-paranoid-crazytown Loghain.

The insecurity he has about his age is fantastic, and how he tries to convince himself he wouldn't care about infidelity, but his constant thoughts on it prove otherwise.
DragonRacer13 chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Well, you already know from the Bioware thread that I'm a Loggy fan through-and-through.

This is very well done! I love the interaction between Loghain and Maric... the banter is so in line with how they are in "The Stolen Throne." Love it!

Also, you're very clever at working in some of the lore's discrepencies (creating a believable workaround for the whole Maric/Fiona thing and the funky timeline of when Rowan perished in relation to all that) and some of its random tidbits and trivia (Maric's ominous ship-building ventures).

Interested to see where you go with this. :)
Nithu chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Your subconscious mind has come up with a truly inspired plot! Marrying off her father to her possible rival for Cailan's affections seems such an 'Anora' thing to do. I can't wait for more.
fishing-for-compliments chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
You're actually making it work! This has to be the first time I read something about Loghain that made me like him without a second thought. The interaction with Maric was perfect. Also how you snug in an explanation for hiding the bastard and tarnishing Rowan's memory.
mousestalker chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
An interesting beginning. Your take on a Loghain with Maric present is intriguing.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Very interesting beginning! If I were Elissa Cousland's friend, my concern would be 1) to advise her to avoid Cailan like the plague, because a scandal would ruin her life 2) Consider carefully before you marry a man whose daughter so has him wrapped around her finger, because you have to accept that she will always come first. I can imagine Anora visiting and largely usurping Elissa's place, in such a nice and reasonable way that Elissa wouldn't notice it until it was unbearable. Much to think about!
Persephone Chiara chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Great idea! Keep writing!
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Oh, this should be interesting. Maric talking about shipbuilding seems kind of ominous for his personal future. Here's to hoping that Elissa can help stop Loghain from going off the deep end. I really liked the friendship you showed between Maric and Loghain and just how much Anora has her father wrapped around her finger.
Enaid Aderyn chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
This is highly intriguing, and very well thought & well written. I'm eager to see where you're going to take this.

Ah,those DA dreams. Gotta love 'em. :)
435 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29