Reviews for Harry Potter and the Turning of the Sun
willie chapter 2 . 8/29
this and pasigways are my two favorit time travil fics
ChaosDeath chapter 4 . 8/26
its sort of disappointing that harry cant pass his prejudice against the slytherin house enough to be sorted in there because i think that slytherin is the house where his potential can actually shine
DaSalvatore chapter 10 . 8/11
This story falls in that most terrible of places for a creative reader. A good plot, some interesting ideas and then smaller pieces completely dragging the entire tone down to where I come away with a "meh...I wonder what I would do if I wrote this?"

To start. The time travelling is an interesting twist especially with the part you hint at that Remus potentially sacrificed himself in order to power the spell. Or he secretly sacrificed others. Although Harry is struggling with his emotions, you have him beginning to focus on bringing down Voldemort. He gets sent into the past and is initially shattered, throwing his plans to pieces.

And then he finds the Mirror of Erised, finds out his greatest desire is the destruction of Riddle and...does absolutely naff all.

No, really. You have him a Ron-esque Gryffindor in Ravenclaw colours immediately deciding that all Slytherins are evil and can't be redeemed even though some haven't done anything (understandable but annoying in execution). You have him spending all his time in classes and making friends without any type of attention to training himself. This is a Harry who -taught- DADA in the Room of Requirement!

You then have Harry being told that Dumbledore waltzed through his mind to read about the future. You have a Harry who was being "taught" Occlumency by Snape. What does this Harry do? He waits until a nightmare before deciding to get off his arse and actually attempt to learn the mind arts.

I'm sorry but I simply don't see how Harry is a Ravenclaw. it comes across as an Author's decision to not put him in Gryff or Slytherin and then struggled to find a place for the character.

A time travelling Harry? I love it.
An angry Harry who wants revenge on people even though it is in their future? It works.
A Ravenclaw Harry in the past devoted to defeating Riddle? It works.
A Harry who spends his time wanting to try and find a place for himself in this new world/time and make friends? It works.
A Harry who defends innocent Gryffindors? Yes.
A Harry who allows "evil Slytherins" to hex him? That works too.

The problem with all of the above? They. Do. Not. Work. Together.

This story has unfortunately fallen to the same issue that many (including sometimes my own) do. A mashup of ideas that don't work as a unit but are fine when they're on their own.

I wanted to like this story, I really did. Even when you had Remus say that Harry's physical health was more important than his mental (bullshit), I still wanted to like this story. Yet all I am is disappointed this isn't as good as it could have been.
MarkedPariah chapter 23 . 8/4
Honestly it seems absolutely crazy to me that Harry would do this. I mean sure they've spent time together but in the grand scheme of things it would make way more sense to try and integrate into the current Potter family by explaining the time travel then giving away such valuable information to someone who could easily become a major enemy of his despite their budding feelings.
MarkedPariah chapter 12 . 8/3
Something I'm surprised about in this story is that Harry isn't spending his free time training and consistently practicing his spell casting. He seems more driven to beat Voldemort but other then performing better in his classes it doesn't seem like he is spending all that much time improving his combat effectiveness. Good story thank you.
Kur0Kishi chapter 12 . 8/3
So far, not impressed. Underperforming, less than wise, gullible, useless, average, basic, idiot, safe, and a complete lack of anything even remotely resembling the ability to make long term plans.

Every adjective above can be applied to this Harry up till now, which really doesn't give me any motivation to keep reading.

Even his interactions with everyone is wooden at best and illthought at worst. we continuously read about his naive hopes and gloomy angst, but nothing has changed in 12 chapters.

I'm sorry to say I won't be reading any further.

Good day.
Talonwalker chapter 38 . 7/2
Great story, looking forward to the completion. Thanks
draehydraxis chapter 38 . 6/27
Ok I know I haven't reviewed on this until now but are you still planning the 2 chapters and an epilogue that you mentioned at the start of the 38th chapter or have you decided to turn it into a second book do to speak. Asking as I noticed it's been the better part of half a year since the last chapter came out. I am really enjoying it and even have gained some inspiration for one of my own.
lanz.guev23 chapter 3 . 6/17
shittttt its a big af disappointment that hes not a slytherin it really fits him
Hugo Reed chapter 38 . 6/15
Love this story, just re read it for the third time. Thanks for posting
Good story, but personally the romance could be a bit lowered - maybe even do away with it? I'm more interested in the "harry goes back to the 70s and tries to stop the death eaters" subject than the subplot...
keyeser chapter 1 . 5/20
please update
keyeser chapter 38 . 5/19
please update
naruto otaku chapter 38 . 5/7
Please update please please please update this is the most realistic and well written harry x bella fanfic
Haji the Monster chapter 38 . 5/5
I can't believe you fell into the same old trap that many authors do, being predictable. I mean seriously, I seen this move in chapter 38 coming a mile away. I mean seriously oh we need a spy, of course Harry volunteers and then bam! instant death eater Bella. I'm done with this fic, just terrible 'plot twist'
1,321 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »