That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 11 . 7/30/2012
The pair in the car... I am assuming the one
with "dark eyes" and "Human limitations" is
Jacob, and the one with red eyes and lips...
is Tanya? So resentful of Edward that she
has gone off diet? She seeks revenge by
taking his mate from him?
My theory.
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 10 . 7/29/2012
Only one more chapter, and no updates for
six months... This does not look promising!:(
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
It's great that Billy is going to try to convince
the elders...
The wedding was lovely...
Tanya is a jealous bitch!
Yay for a honeymoon! A REAL honeymoon!
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 8 . 7/29/2012
I agree with you... Sometimes when there
are life and death struggles, all of the usual
"pleasantries" are unneeded. You tend to
focus on what is expeditious and of true
importance when facing mortality.
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 7 . 7/29/2012
That was so touching! I love that Charlie
and Renee are still together in this fic!
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 6 . 7/29/2012
This is the very first fic I have read where
Bella does not jump at the chance to be
made like Edward!
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 5 . 7/29/2012
Edward needs to realize how bad an idea keeping
Bella human is... For both of them!
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 4 . 7/29/2012
Awe! He is smitten already. There is no
where are you he could take her life at
this point.
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 3 . 7/29/2012
This is so good! I am eager for Bella to
declare feelings for him. It may only be
twenty-four hours in, but she is already
developing them!
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 2 . 7/28/2012
I found this rec'd in The Archer by Camilla10

I am liking this so far! I like this Edward
That'sMzPeachesTYVM chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
He can heal her by. Changing her.. Duh!
dlajmc chapter 11 . 6/18/2012
Just found your story, love it looking forward to more thanks for your work!
Renee Aubin chapter 11 . 4/5/2012
Is it kosher for a pre-reader to post a review? Hey, I enjoy the final product as much as anyone else!

‘My training has gone out the window.’ It can’t possibly be the same when it’s someone you love.

Thank goodness Carlisle is there to help Edward figure out how to cope with Bella’s emotional recovery. Good advice to "Let Dr. Burke be her physician." (And yay, enjoyed hearing about Dr. Yang’s suturing technique!) Let’s see, can we fit Dr. Bailey in here somewhere? Wouldn’t you love to hear her tell off a vampire?

Sniffle, poor Bella! ‘Only twice had he needed to hold her through tears. Once when she'd tried to go too long without her pain meds, and later when the incision itched to the point of insanity.’ Especially the pain meds, I can see her pushing too hard too soon.

Enjoyed this: ‘Edward was confident she knew full well what the occasion was, but was playing coy. For two weeks she'd been clamoring to resume their physical relationship…’ And yet she has to encourage him to come out with it. Wow, stunning to have confirmation of Mme. Diwata’s prediction! ‘She moved out of her chair and found solace in his lap.’ I love when Bella takes the initiative, because we know he’s ever so willing to do whatever will make her feel better.

‘Bella was on the bed and undressed before she realized what was going on…’ Oh, fun.

Luscious lemon. You do a great job with both the physical and emotional experience. Sweet moment when he kisses her scar. ‘…she laced her hands through his hair and held him captive as best she could, fearing that he would think it was all too much and leave himself unsatisfied.’ Good for her!

Wow what a beautiful home the Cullens have. Nice reminder that E&B got married there.

Such fun family stuff! I can so easily imagine the little men flying everywhere when Emmett destroys another foosball table. “Blood relations” – cute. Nice that Bella gets an air kiss from Rosalie. Funny when Edward is surprised that she likes video games because she ignores the one in their home. For once Edward gets to deliver the classic Emmett head-smack. And of course ‘Alice gravitated to Bella like a homing pigeon.’ I was glad Bella got to hug Jasper, too.

‘As if on cue, Edward and Carlisle practically beamed into the room.’ Vampire speed and stealth must startle Bella on a regular basis.

Thank goodness the Volturi have other issues to distract them. I definitely like that Bella puts the Cullens’ comfort ahead of her own wish for privacy, given the extended protection detail. “This way I'll get to know everyone better in a hurry." Boy, that’s for sure!

Interesting that Tanya’s actions have resulted in a rift with her coven. Which doesn’t necessarily mean she’s done messing with Bella…

Very nice interaction between Edward and Charlie. Her parents would have to be either not too bright or incredibly stubborn not to appreciate what Edward has done for her.

Hmm, a non-Volturi non-vegetarian vampire apparently manipulating a human accomplice, plus a human PI and a dead cable technician. Who’s the vampire and what do they want?

Interesting conversation about Edward’s use of his medical training. “I could work with well-known researchers with huge egos upon whom I can foist any discoveries I make. They would relish the notoriety." Definitely a workable plan.

I like your take on the Volturi. For instance, the different agendas of the trinity. And the fact that nobody gets to see them unless they want to see you. You’ve captured their capriciousness too: ‘"Then they could remove the convention of choice from you entirely, or give you a rare reprieve." Bella doesn't want to work for “the dark side” – good one!
Renee Aubin chapter 10 . 3/25/2012
Eww, livestock! But what else is a vampire to do on an island?

I enjoyed Edward’s honeymoon nerves. Of course it makes perfect sense because ‘He didn't want his wife to discover on their wedding night he was the monster he had always been convinced he was.’ Well said. ‘Say something! he scolded himself.’ Cute.

‘Since Carlisle had no research on how his ejaculate, or the traces of venom in it, might affect Bella, he'd advised him to use protection.’ I couldn’t believe SM didn’t think of this in the books, but then it would have spoiled her planned [hideous IMO] story line.

‘Edward felt strange—as if he was in the fugue-like state he entered when he hunted-yet different.’ Excellent. And thank you Emmett for the excellent advice. I’m sure all the Cullen men had something to contribute.

Lovely first time, glad you made Bella such an active participant. He really did need her encouragement. This line should get an award for “best use of vampire mojo”: ‘He moved quickly, almost catlike, to roll onto his back and with the impetus, carried her to rest on top of him, without breaking stride and completing one final thrust.’ Sigh.

‘It was during these times they could both almost forget he was a vampire.’ What a gift for him.

Enjoyed the playfulness of this moment: ‘Holding her arms high above her head, like a child, she invited him to pull the gown off for her.’ Then she did a great job handling his anxiety over having bruised her. Thank God.

I love that Edward tried to seduce her into skipping the on-foot shopping she wants to do. Sneaky vampire. ‘"One hour, and then we go out?" she said. She knew if she didn't clarify and get his word, he would find another way to keep her in.’ Once again, she is smart enough to have figured out how to deal with him like a grown-up.

I’m not sure how you managed to distill so much sizzle and anticipation into one sentence, but you sure did: ‘His cool tongue sent shock waves of lust through her extremities and converged in the place he would fill and take away the aching need his kisses and caresses built in her.’ Mmm.

This is a touching moment: ‘Only when the love of her life disappeared around a corner, did she turn her attention back to her surroundings.’

Frightening run-in with the psychic. I love that Bella stepped between her and Edward!

This was laugh-out-loud funny (watching the movie): “He reminds me so much of you when we first met." "Did I actually look like I was about pass a kidney stone whenever I was around you?”

This is not good news from Alice: “I see a Volturi guard running from you, Emmett and Jasper. I see Bella being kept in a dark room at some point.” Yikes.

Wow that took a lot of – courage? fortitude? for Edward to visit the psychic. Clearly he will do anything he can to protect Bella. ‘He would not leave Bella's side as long as she was human.’ That’s a tall order!

I couldn’t imagine why Edward would put himself through watching the surgery. But then ‘"If you were in my position, where would you be, Dr. Burke?" Edward asked calmly.’ Must be a doctor thing.

When Edward reminds her the change could take a long time due to her weak heart, “I don't care how long it takes, I just want to come back to you in any way I can.” This girl has guts.

‘Dr. Burke, Dr. Webber, Dr. Yang, Carlisle, an anesthesiologist and three nurses…’ OMG, what a team. Great description of Edward’s reactions during the surgery. Can’t imagine how he’d have gotten through it if Carlisle hadn’t been there.

Vivid description of her recovery: ‘…her chest slowly beginning to feel less and less like an elephant sat on it.’ Funny rivalry between Renee and Edward. ‘After several days of bickering with Edward over who got to fluff her pillows, assist her to the bathroom, give her medication, and bring her food, Bella'd had enough.’ An extra burden for Edward: ‘…having her mother around forced him to be extra careful about everything, so she wouldn't discover the secret.’ Ugh.

Whew, we’ve gotten through the surgery – now Bella should start getting her life back.
Renee Aubin chapter 9 . 3/19/2012
Hmm, edgy conversation about what happens if Bella dies, making Edward promise that he won’t follow. Why do I still have the feeling there are a couple of loopholes she doesn’t know about yet? But I sympathize with his desire, "Now can we stop it with this dreadful conversation?” Not much to be gained by it anyway.

Nice moment when he wants to take over the phone call with an angry Charlie, and she says “I’ve got this”, and he respects / believes her. A little later ‘Edward was fascinated by the way she stood up to her father. This was a Bella he saw more and more of, and he liked it.’ Me, too.

Clever line for Jacob: "We try to refrain from biting here in our neck of the woods. Someone could really get hurt." And then better yet, “I have no right to try and tell you what to do.” Thank goodness. I like that Bella is as compassionate with Jacob over his “monster” complex as she is with the Cullens. Too bad he just can’t deal with her marrying a Cullen, but impressive that Sue hangs in there.

Lovely description of the wedding, and E&B’s experience of it. Especially liked the vows they wrote themselves.

It’s easy to understand Billy’s resistance, since "I was there when this girl was born.” It must be a huge burden for him to know so much more than Charlie. Bella’s strength in that conversation was wonderful, and then Sue quietly came to the rescue. This is a great line: “Only the spirits will be able to help me with Jacob."

Hmm, Tanya was ‘still very upset over her human lover he had killed more than two years before.’ Yikes – I vaguely remember something about a journalist who was on the verge of exposing them – is that right? Easy to see why she would be so furious about Edward getting to keep his human. Carlisle will have his hands full trying to manage Aro.

Sweet that Carlisle tries to reassure Edward about his wedding night. “…the single most gratifying thing that eclipses even the drinking of blood.” We so often hear that for vampires, blood is the best experience there is. I tend to agree with you and Carlisle!

Other favorite lines:

"Now you really sound like a curmudgeon." She giggled and kissed his cheek. "But soon to be my personal curmudgeon."

‘Charlie preferred worshipping on a fishing boat every weekend…’

‘What she fell in love with and what she currently beheld was all angel…’
340 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »