Reviews for The Punchline
NarutoAdmirer21 chapter 1 . 12/27/2020
Yet another absolutely painful story
This explored Envy so wonderfully - ir was awful when Envy clawed at his skin but the worst part was the end, when he smiled at his terribly sad joke
I absolutely loved this!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/30/2018
Holy heartbreak! As someone who has watched and knows the first series, this definitely made sense and brilliant exploration of Envy, that ending was so apt and the entire fic hurt in the best way.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/16/2016
I feel kinda depressed, now. This story's too good.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/19/2016
I couldn't cry. I couldn't laugh. I think that's the beauty of this fic. You just kind of get thrown in but aren't allowed a reaction. Just a breathless experience. Amazing. Just what I wanted to read.
Dante Morose chapter 1 . 1/15/2016
I'm just...sad now.
Brilliant job; keep writing.
-Dante
Amollygamation chapter 1 . 9/20/2015
You are terrifyingly good at making me feel in such a subtle way. I have chills. Thanks!
Firaga Productions chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Holy freaking crap you're a genius.

That is all.

My mind has been blown to bits.
VampireFrootloopsRule chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
I really liked this fic, it was very...insightful, really. Envy was always a favorite of mine, just because he's such a pain in the butt. But hey, what can you do? Haha

I also liked your metaphor for describing him. I can now picture envy as an orange, and you there wrestling with him to get the fruity part out. "Hold...still!"
"never!"
Queen Bovine chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Whoa. I'm impressed. You did indeed explore Envy's character thoroughly, and it was quite deep and tragic. What was the situation that brought both Edward and Envy to the Gate? It doesn't matter to the story, but I am curious.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
ok that is FUBAR
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Oh my word. I enjoy having Envy around as a badguy because he's so bad, but never once have I actually liked him, or even felt much empathy (barring that one scene in Brotherhood) for the guy. That you are able to make me feel so sorry for him, to ache for him and the horror of having the hatred and the anger striped away, not being able to fight with anyone, and learning that the Homonculii's greatest truth was nothing but a lie. That's heartbreaking. And then that ending. The punchline. Finally getting stuck with his own face, the face he hates, the only face he couldn't bear to wear or see or think about. And not knowing who he really is now. WOW. That's just... wow. This is tragic. Beyond tragic.

Sapphireswimming
nicotine-ink chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
:O *jealousy radiation* this was AMAZING. I loved it! It was so sad and sweet and beautiful! Never ever ever stop writing!
Handmaiden of Awesomeness chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
That's so...sad. I just...can't even. T_T
cb.spica chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I really love the insight this story gives on Envy... As evil as he is, he's a really sad character D; Great story ;)
TickyTickyTa chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Three letters. One word.

Wow.

This was amazing to read. I have to admit, I wasn't intending on reading something from the first anime as I particularly prefer the manga/brotherhood. But this was defiantly worth my time and read. I never normally write reviews either, so your lucky. XD

You have got Envy's personality dead on the dot. I was looking for a story that expresses his behavior and I defiantly found it. :)

I loved the way you wrote it, love the story, thank you for the great read. Keep it up. :)