Reviews for The Things We Carry
Byrd3-13 chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
that made no sence what so ever. What was it even about? their freakish obsesion with cutting themselves?
whohellanoes chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
wow. very good read. thanks for sharing.
Butterfly Betty chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
Wow, that was really intense but you handled the subject very nicely.
eddiebell69 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
I'm really sad that you didn't get to enter the contest since this is such a good story! I loved it. The intensity is so good, the love, oh the love. I could just go on and on...

Babe, you're really talented ;)
Jen328 chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
WOW! That was INTENSE. And awesome. Very well done.

I will say that I know absolutely nothing about cutting, so I'm not going to comment on that at all. I'm sure everyone and their mother will have an opinion on it. I will say that I think you were very sensitive to the subject, but again, I'm pretty far removed from it.

I think his desperation to walk the fine line between helping/saving her and giving her what SHE needed to make her feel better came across LOUD AND CLEAR in your writing. His sense of hopelessness that he could do nothing for her except make sure that her cuts were controlled, shallow and tended to, until she was ready to make that step to getting help was palpable.

I'm curious as to how she saved his life. Was it that she gave him purpose? Was he just there, not really involved in his life, and she reminded him to really live? That's what really stands out to me, anyway.

And I have to say I got a bit choked up at the end when she says "There's a group meeting Thursday. I looked it up. Will you come with me?" Step one in the right direction.

I think this was fantastic, sweetie. So not your usual, but you are stepping out of your comfort zone, aren't you? I'm proud of you, for writing and for posting, even though you missed the deadline.

Smooches

Jen
chele the original chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
It is heart wrenching to see what length each would go to to "ease their pain"Well A good one shot. what exactly did she do that saved him?