Reviews for When a Tornado Meets a Volcano
owlhero chapter 20 . 2/13/2013
Okay first things first. Someone could really do a story on how they got back to the ship. The openedness just begs for it.

Cody's desperation just drips from this. His almost broken description and his last coherant thoughts.

As for Bailey, nice touch not opnely showing how she might truly feel yet. But a possible double entendre with the warmed up- tell whole story bit. The stars giving a hopeful atmosphere.

Now onto London, it was amazing how they counteracted the main storyline with London clothing line. I mean complete opposites.

Lastly dont you dare drop this story. I want to see this to the end. Also I will read the rest that I have missed (mostly one-shots) then maybe Doctor who, since I am a fan also.
owlhero chapter 19 . 2/13/2013
Remembering what that episode was about made me wonder how you were going flip things to suit the story.

I am guessing we all thought about Woody's sister being adopted at the same time. Bailey's choice pf emotions show just how far she has grown as well.

Ice cream...such a simple thing between people. Or not.
owlhero chapter 18 . 2/13/2013
Cody taking pride in who he was was wonderful. Even though the loneliness shows he needs something more.

Bailey's shock mirrors my own if I were in a similar situation. Puzzlement, surprise, and a little happiness for him creates the perfect situation and wonder back about things. It allowed to be herself without overcompensating.
owlhero chapter 17 . 2/13/2013
Trouble in Toyko was easily the most ridiculus episode of either series in my opinion. I mean I get Japan being used in a scene leads to some crazy ideas but seriously... Who thought the idea of drinks, hats off to them...

The hidden quotes show Cody's joy and annoyance at the same time. Which is hard to do. It always seemed as though Cody blinded or limited what he saw due to his various self-confidence issues, phoebias and various ailment. The guy was a walking therapist's dream (or nightmare).

I hope you realize you are enlarging my music collection. But I already knew about Imogen Heap. Blame the Lion, the witch and waldrobe for that.
owlhero chapter 16 . 2/13/2013
Impilsive decision tends to led to the unexpected.

This definitely splits from the show completely. I think Cody would have ran from the babysitting gig at the first mention. But showing Bailey and her side was wonderful. Even your annoyance at Cody. London being the icebreaker seems to be right too.

Cody's part just emphasizes the point of a teenager is to discover one's self even if one's self is not always perfect.
owlhero chapter 15 . 2/13/2013
I wondered when the story would change away from canon.

Bailey acting like a normal star-crazed teenager. Love it. You show in piecemeal how things are changing.

Yes I agree with Cody. Sometimes you hate yourself for being who you are and it gets annoying real quiet when the situation and your mind forces you to do what matches your personality.

But I did love how you are not forcing things at all with the relationship. Definitely better than season 3 so far.
owlhero chapter 14 . 2/13/2013
One step forward, two steps back...

The repetitive phrasing just screams Cody's moral center. But at the same time, your turn of phrase shows his push for human advancement of technology and discovery.

Capitalizing just shows how much of a contradiction he is, trying to plan everything out to a T while his soul conflicts with everything else.

Love the last scene, I am thinking Bailey (?) has turned a corner. I can see being used to regrow the relationship.
owlhero chapter 13 . 2/13/2013
I have to wonder if its Bailey that changed not everything around her?

Wonderful idea to tie the Aqua lounge incident based to that career quiz episode. Its more than just filler. The show could have done that if they changed it slightly. Its shows a connection to its also shows Cody's core of ambition.
owlhero chapter 12 . 2/10/2013
I actually like the twist to the episode. Cody's comment about the girl knowing who he is can be interpreted two ways. First, chess players study their opponent for their favorite strategies, so it could that. Or second, a look into Cody's heart and soul when it comes him as a human being, friend, teenager relationships, etc...

I can hear the brakes in Cody's mind with "shewaskindahot." Almost like your trademark by now. Your words match the shifting emotions in the episode. You pointed out the possible positive parts to come out of that episode. Cody seeing what is truly part of his life.
owlhero chapter 11 . 2/7/2013
The freedom from the stress is almost breathtaking. The way she soars from the ground letting her dreams come back to her like when she was younger.

Forgetting all cares and letting one enjoy one;s friends, not caring about thr rules, just the simple joy.

At the same time, refreshed and recharged, she's ready to face her future as she appreciates the opportunities she had.
owlhero chapter 8 . 2/7/2013
bailey using the ocean as a sort of therapy is different coming landlocked home. At the same time, it symbolizes just how lonely she is as well. I find it alright that she went too fast. It takes time to get over the pain of loss.

But i am proud for Bailey's to avoiding the back and forth fighting between the two.
owlhero chapter 6 . 2/7/2013
I must say at first I was surprised you picked that box of things to write about. Then again, getting rid of the Ex's stuff is a path to normalay and a better shot at starting over.

The things that never really hers made me think of how Cody could seen as possessive of those things and he used those things to show his love for her but they could things if not given back, could push him over the edge.
owlhero chapter 5 . 2/7/2013
Cody's partial acceptance of Zack's help is so right on especially since it was usually the other way around the whole time during their lives. Its ironic, a little sad and amazing at the same time. He cant even believe it himself.

Zack worldly view is needed by a person who only has limited street knowledge. Now Cody has reluctantly started on the path to...what exactly? So many different ways to go with that. It all starts with one step.
owlhero chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
Using the elements to enhance the characters' suffering was a nice idea. the cold could simply maybe Cody's soul freezing from the pain or a signal to himself how much he is hurt. Another way could how the world is to him with the post breakup.

The internal denial is completely normal. At least to me. The little touches with the dry clothes robes echo Cody well.
owlhero chapter 3 . 2/7/2013
I almost feel like Bailey is punishing herself, then again with the way you have described her thoughts its certainly she needs to be alone to sort through her thoughts.

I must admit my low humor finds her self-loathing sort of funny. But at the same time, it seems like a journey to figure whether or not she needs a man in her life but on her own terms.