Reviews for Alteration
Lovely! The best I've ever read. Please keep on.
HardfacedQueenofMisadventure chapter 4 . 11/16/2012
I love it! StEx isn't a show I'm incredibly familiar with, but I just about know the plot and most of the songs. I hope you can find a way of carrying this on at some point, because I'm really, really interested.
RedRainStar chapter 4 . 7/6/2012
Aw! This is so cute! Went to see Starlight Express the other day, loved it! (Was a bit disappointed because they cut Ashley and a whole load of storyline but- meh!) Read your author's note, good luck and hope you update soon! Red x
anna chapter 4 . 3/28/2012
wow. this just keeps getting better. this chapter was especially intense. so many great scenes and moments: flat-tops inner conflict, the tense confrontation between electra, greaseball, poppa, rusty and their respective gangs/friends, and finally rustys "conversation" with starlight. this was really stirring! also, you handle pearls character and reactions very well. great idea of adding some sort of artificial influence on electras part. if handled wrong, pearl can come across as superficial and actually not worthy of rustys earnest feelings, but in your story it all adds up perfectly. now, dare i believe myself? that, despite how it looks, you might come back to this story and add another chapter/finish it? because this certainly is a story which deserves it... all the best to you in any case!
anna chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
its enormous fun reading your story. its very well-written and very imaginative. you do so much more than just re-telling the musical! the characters come to life even more and their interaction, thoughts and feelings are fleshed out. the only thing i could wish for are many, many more chapters - but sadly it looks like you havent finished this and not updated in a while. oh well, i can only hope to give you a little boost with a gushing review!
P Whale chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
A great fanfic for a great musical! I've loved SE for most of my life, and this is really great. I haven't seen anything so faithful to the original. Absolutedly magnnificent.
musicgal3 chapter 5 . 3/21/2011
Awesome story so far! Particularly love these quotes:

'"Are you carrying cargo?"

"Other than Electra's hair products, no."

"That ought to weigh her down," Flat-Top cracked.'

'Flat-Top's head snapped up, and he spun around in to see Bobo collecting Ashley. In a moment the brick truck was hanging over the safety rail of the track. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, FRENCH FRY?" he bellowed. "YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN HER KILLED!"'

LOVE THEM!

I can't wait for the next instalment to see what happens next! Am waiting is excited anticipation. :-)
Elisabeth Harker chapter 3 . 10/29/2010
Good chapter. You described the race very well, and there were lots of good characterizations throughout. I really like how sweetly you write Pearl. Looking forward to see where things go from here!
Elisabeth Harker chapter 2 . 10/22/2010
Another great chapter! I was excited to see you updated so quickly after my review. More please! :)
Elisabeth Harker chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
This is really well written, and such an interesting concept! I love how you capture all of the characters, and the train culture. I was absolutely obsessed with Starlight Express about... nine or ten years ago, I think. This story has made me feel every bit as enthusiastic about the musical as I was one I first discovered it. Hope you continue!