Reviews for The Chocobo Effect
To catch them is my real quest.. to train them is my cause! Cho-co-bo!
I don't know why but that line triggers that song every god damn time.
I love how you subtlety broke the 4th wall. Too many writers try to pull a Deadpool for their comedy and just fail at it.
Shinigami Merchant chapter 1 . 7/24
very good so far, I like your approach of 'fourth wall meet materia and begone'
pikachucat chapter 6 . 2/9
awesome
kagemoto chapter 3 . 12/17/2015
To be honest I can imagine Minerva just sort of pouting at the fact that she wasn't able to take credit for it
guest chapter 6 . 9/21/2015
I liked this chapter, but thought the woobie chapter was better. Sorry. There's something unique about woobie Cloud... I've seen fics where he's an asshole, an emo, angsty, slutty, depressed, psycho, or combinations of the mentioned, but I don't think I've ever seen a Woobie Cloud... at least, not in a non-slutty version. Also, Woobie Cloud will fit better with the potential Shinra-grunt hero worship he will face. And by fit better, I mean be more amusing.

That said, it's a shame this hasn't been updated in so long. I hope you come back to it someday.
SilverPhantom88 chapter 6 . 6/25/2015
How about both. He's a generally savvy guy that has a woobie backup plan. Or the woobie could be one of his trades. That would make Cloud as manipulative as heck!
The Whimsical Ermine chapter 6 . 4/21/2015
I personally prefer the Woobie chapter, but they are both great. I love you for this story, I really do. It's Platonic of course, but this is more magnificent than a Bastard Cloud, and if I could find more like it I would drool
DigiPokeNinjaDragon Fangirl chapter 6 . 4/12/2015
I wanna know what happens next! Update please?! At least give us a good reason for the lack of updating!
Arashi - IV of VI chapter 6 . 4/4/2015
I like this version, but I think continuing with the Woobie one would be funnier.

Love this either way.
N and S and F chapter 6 . 9/29/2014
Will you still continue this?
Beautiful story, don't leave me hanging, I swear that I saw you got a Favorite Story that only has been published this year! QAQ
Reiko x 3 chapter 6 . 9/12/2014
I like Magnificent Bastard Cloud. If only because FFVII had several. Sephiroth being one. Rufus being another. Hojo could also fall under that trope except that I don't think anybody actually likes/respects him him... Point is: the game already has at least three. Why not ad a fourth working to cross purposes. Besides chances are Cloud'll manage to save the world without actually doing anything, and that'd be fun to read if only for the pure psychology.
BrunetteSamus chapter 6 . 12/13/2013
This is amazing work! but I am torn as to which chapter 5 I like best. In 5-2 I relly like that Cloud got Aerith to work for him and thinking about Zack. But in 5-1 I about died laughing! and woobie Cloud is SOOO CUTE! (I want a woobie Cloud) Either way you go, please post again :)
Guest chapter 6 . 12/9/2013
I like your 2nd chapter 5 better. I hope you continue the story with this chapter.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/6/2013
Mm, I like the first version better. Update soon please.