Reviews for Drift
Gemini1179 chapter 2 . 2/19/2012
This is a really unique story, I like it.
PSG1JOHN chapter 4 . 2/16/2012
I love your work, the Fight scenes were great I love the detail in your work and say you did very well to show Cameron Allison mix.

I hope this story's goes on into Mass effect 3 40min of game play on you tube lol
badkidoh chapter 4 . 2/14/2012
Another great chapter
sennalove123 chapter 4 . 2/14/2012
awsome story keep writing
undead3 chapter 4 . 2/10/2012
maybe i missed this but is cameron comming from a time paradox or whas the whole T wars lost to history? and eithor way is she the only T left (though having a certain Terminator say that he'll be bock to shepard would be funny as heck)
ByLanternLight chapter 4 . 2/10/2012
Excellent combat. Sweeping statements punctuated by specifics allows the reader to imagine the battle without becoming tedious to express. 5/5.
Tachikoma's Uncle chapter 4 . 2/10/2012
I love this story. And not just because it flies in the face of the digusting, bigotted attitudes of the Mass Effect games (although that would be enough on its own). Your versions of Cameron are excellent. Many proffessional authors don't even realize that an AI construct can multiple personalities specializing in certain tasks. You've not only done that, you've actually writen it well.

Another reveiwer mentioned that skynet plasma weaponry was not dangerous enough to explain Cameron/Allison's behavior. This is in of itself only partially correct; while the guns themselves aren't really game changers, the tech used to make them is. In cannon mass effect, directed energy weapons weren't used as infantry gear for one reason: power. The Mass Effect galaxy does not have a portable powersupply to fuel an energy pistol or rifle effectively without costing enough to outfit a good sized platoon with conventional ordinance. Also, and perhaps more importantly, they do not use a single picogram of Eezo in their construction. The workings of a skynet plasma weaponry could be easily be repurposed as a fusion reactor or propusion system. Add in the supperior heat management tech in a Skynet Plasma Rifle, and the entire galactic tech base is revolutionized. Fusion torch engines are able to run flat out almost indeffinately-no anti-proton fuel required. Thermal clips are unnessessary, and guns never overheat. The Normandy can run in stealth mode indeffinately. Eezo would be cheaper, as the demand would decrease while the supply remains the same.

Also, even if she doesn't have the schematics, she knows of Time Displacement Technology; that it is acheivable and a decent portion of the physics behind it in all probability. Given that the resistence was able to copy a TD Chamber with little besides scrap metal as materials, I don't think it would take too long for a civilization that is currently not a war, actually has a working economy, and is capable of FTL travel to figure it out from what Cameron knows. Hell, they might even figure a way to create non-eezo based FTL. Afterall, the TD bubbles always rematerialize at the geographic point that matches the place they were sent from. Given the Earth's rotation, orbital velocity around the sun,and the sun's own orbit around the galactic center, this is not possible unless the mechanism is capable of travel in space as well as time. Theoreticly, there is no reason you couldn't create a TD device designed to jump an object one second into the future thousands of light years away. A time displacement device also doesn't need another device a the destination to slow a ship down; the Mass Relays need to be paired in order to function. Build enough of them large enough, and the Mass Relays are obselete.

Can't wait for another update:D
Amazing Bluie chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
Yes! It's great to see another chapter on this story! I love it! Again, excellent work on Cameron's perspectives, both as machine and Allison. Great descriptions of the battle, too! It was very interesting!

I look forward to more!
deathgeonous chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
Ah, had to come back to review this cause it wouldn't let me around an hour or so ago. Now I've forgotten what I had to say about this, so I'll just say thanks for writing this, looking forward to more, and goodbye for now.
TheWizardMighty chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
Definitely my favorite of all your works.

Your writing is high quality as usual, and I'm very much in love with how you've portrayed the AI.
Tankred chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
Nice. I admit I'd totally forgotten about this story, nice to see it still lives.

Would be cool if Allison could get some sort of upgrades... her hardware HAS to be somewhat outdated after 200 years.
Prometheus-42 chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
This is the story of yours that I watch the most, and have reread several times in fact. The way you portray Cameron's thought process was excellent, very inhuman as it should be. Mordin also was interesting.

I do look forward to the interaction of Tali and Allison/Cameron. It ought to be very very interesting. I find myself wondering whether Cameron will ever get a chassis upgrade in this story, though her construction actually seems pretty good even by ME standards, it could be even better with mass effect tech integration.

The fight scenes are tricky on transition from RPG to writing, and I think you did okay with it.

I do hope you don't stick very close to the original story though. I think that you could easily completely jump the rails in this story.
Angurvddel chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
This is great, and quite awesome.

I know you mentioned that writing Cameron with just pronouns is a bit difficult, but I have to tell you that it's _effective_. I just finished reading from the first chapter and it's a much better transition the going from Cameron to Allison would be. It's a great way to distinguish between one personality that's a little less human to one that's a bit more (For a given value of personality. What Cameron and Allison actually are to each other is a kind of strange limbo as far as I can tell)

Your actions scenes are great, and well written. In general I like the fact that characterization still occurred during numerous points in such scenes. That said, for this latest chapter, I think it still bogged just a little from the sheer volume of combat after leaving Mordin's lab.

Mordin was also quite well written, and I really look forward to interaction between the two.

Two really minor nitpicks.

One, back in the first chapter you had Shepard verbally communicate a radio frequency to Cameron, and I find it a little surprising that he could do that, since it seems unlikely that Cameron would have whatever encryption he had, and because even now, most military commo uses frequency hopping as an additional layer of security. (Yeah, I know, there's a certain amount of streamlining for details like that.. but..)

Second, the storiy's slightly mis-tagged, as this Shepard is Male.
Annara Ren chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
Cameron and Mordin sharing a lab. Mordin singing, and Cameron dancing :)

Thank you for writing and sharing!
Peaslums chapter 3 . 2/1/2012
Ok, this is good. By good, I mean GOOD. And I do not give out complements often. I'm not one to beg for updates, so if there's anything I can do to help you resurrect this story (it's been about 10 months or so), let me know. I'm not great at coming up with storylines, but I'm pretty good at catching flaws in logic or grammer/punctuation errors.

Cameron's captured almost exactly as I would have pictured her, and the rest of the Normandy crew is spot on so far. Looking forward to your response.
146 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »