Reviews for Drift
Hydroplatypus chapter 4 . 3/5/2012
Like it. Good characterization of Cameron/Allison.
Eipok chapter 4 . 2/23/2012
I absolutely love complex and multilayered crossovers. In fact, I'd dare say that one of my favorite things in life is reading imaginative and believable stories in which foreign elements cause drastic shifts in the continuity. This story seems like it's heading in that direction, as you said at the end of your A/N.

Also, for anyone still in doubt about the SkyNet tech, as Tachikoma's Uncle said, the most important things about SkyNet's man-portable plasma weaponry are that they, one, they have inbuilt generators capable of powering the weapons indefinitely, and two, they don't overheat. The actual plasma part of the weapons isn't much different from Geth plasma shotguns, since they both function on similar principles, but everything else is lightyears ahead, including even the material sciences.

A single SkyNet plasma weapon would have the potential to completely revolutionize every aspect of Mass Effect's technology base and infrastructure in ways not even the Reapers could hope to predict. Cameron has to be INCREDIBLY careful, even about the relatively "simple" things like material-sciences.
Vermin-lord chapter 4 . 2/21/2012
Can't wait to see the reapers reaction to her, the quarians interactions will be interesting as well, I look forward to seeing more
Gemini1179 chapter 4 . 2/19/2012
I think you handles the balance very well in this chapter.
Gemini1179 chapter 3 . 2/19/2012
Love Camefon's perspective. Great chapter, the interaction between Shep and Cam was interesting.
Gemini1179 chapter 2 . 2/19/2012
This is a really unique story, I like it.
PSG1JOHN chapter 4 . 2/16/2012
I love your work, the Fight scenes were great I love the detail in your work and say you did very well to show Cameron Allison mix.

I hope this story's goes on into Mass effect 3 40min of game play on you tube lol
badkidoh chapter 4 . 2/14/2012
Another great chapter
sennalove123 chapter 4 . 2/14/2012
awsome story keep writing
undead3 chapter 4 . 2/10/2012
maybe i missed this but is cameron comming from a time paradox or whas the whole T wars lost to history? and eithor way is she the only T left (though having a certain Terminator say that he'll be bock to shepard would be funny as heck)
ByLanternLight chapter 4 . 2/10/2012
Excellent combat. Sweeping statements punctuated by specifics allows the reader to imagine the battle without becoming tedious to express. 5/5.
Tachikoma's Uncle chapter 4 . 2/10/2012
I love this story. And not just because it flies in the face of the digusting, bigotted attitudes of the Mass Effect games (although that would be enough on its own). Your versions of Cameron are excellent. Many proffessional authors don't even realize that an AI construct can multiple personalities specializing in certain tasks. You've not only done that, you've actually writen it well.

Another reveiwer mentioned that skynet plasma weaponry was not dangerous enough to explain Cameron/Allison's behavior. This is in of itself only partially correct; while the guns themselves aren't really game changers, the tech used to make them is. In cannon mass effect, directed energy weapons weren't used as infantry gear for one reason: power. The Mass Effect galaxy does not have a portable powersupply to fuel an energy pistol or rifle effectively without costing enough to outfit a good sized platoon with conventional ordinance. Also, and perhaps more importantly, they do not use a single picogram of Eezo in their construction. The workings of a skynet plasma weaponry could be easily be repurposed as a fusion reactor or propusion system. Add in the supperior heat management tech in a Skynet Plasma Rifle, and the entire galactic tech base is revolutionized. Fusion torch engines are able to run flat out almost indeffinately-no anti-proton fuel required. Thermal clips are unnessessary, and guns never overheat. The Normandy can run in stealth mode indeffinately. Eezo would be cheaper, as the demand would decrease while the supply remains the same.

Also, even if she doesn't have the schematics, she knows of Time Displacement Technology; that it is acheivable and a decent portion of the physics behind it in all probability. Given that the resistence was able to copy a TD Chamber with little besides scrap metal as materials, I don't think it would take too long for a civilization that is currently not a war, actually has a working economy, and is capable of FTL travel to figure it out from what Cameron knows. Hell, they might even figure a way to create non-eezo based FTL. Afterall, the TD bubbles always rematerialize at the geographic point that matches the place they were sent from. Given the Earth's rotation, orbital velocity around the sun,and the sun's own orbit around the galactic center, this is not possible unless the mechanism is capable of travel in space as well as time. Theoreticly, there is no reason you couldn't create a TD device designed to jump an object one second into the future thousands of light years away. A time displacement device also doesn't need another device a the destination to slow a ship down; the Mass Relays need to be paired in order to function. Build enough of them large enough, and the Mass Relays are obselete.

Can't wait for another update:D
Amazing Bluie chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
Yes! It's great to see another chapter on this story! I love it! Again, excellent work on Cameron's perspectives, both as machine and Allison. Great descriptions of the battle, too! It was very interesting!

I look forward to more!
deathgeonous chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
Ah, had to come back to review this cause it wouldn't let me around an hour or so ago. Now I've forgotten what I had to say about this, so I'll just say thanks for writing this, looking forward to more, and goodbye for now.
Fleebwibbletwo2 chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
Definitely my favorite of all your works.

Your writing is high quality as usual, and I'm very much in love with how you've portrayed the AI.
151 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »