Reviews for Drift
Annara Ren chapter 2 . 10/2/2010
I love the story so far :) I'll be following the story with great anticipation.

Happy writing!
Rc1212 chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
Awesome story! Looking forward to more!
Costin chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
So you now have three Mass Effect fictions that you are working on at the same time, I am impressed.

I am curios however, what is your own personal opinion of Cerberus ( not your Shepard's )?
PSG1JOHN chapter 2 . 9/29/2010
I had a lot of fun reading this, and i liked how you showed Cameron character. This look's like it going to be a very good crossover story. I do hope you keep this going.
Sizdothyx chapter 2 . 9/28/2010
Gone and done it again, Pep? Not that I mind. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this; how Cam is going to interfere at the Suicide Mission, what her personal quest is gonna be like, etc.

Quite nice a crossover. Keep it up!
hk-mp5kpdw chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
I love this story. Very interesting. Between this and the other Mass Effect crossover I've read on this site I think is the better.

I do have a nit:

From chapter 1 we have the following:

She checked the pocket of her trousers and found her wireless network connection, and slid it into her ear, where it would look like any radio earbud. As soon as she did so, data flooded into her awareness.

Also in chapter 1 we have this:

"You do your research quickly," Miranda said, and Doctor Young nodded.

"My job requires analysis of large amounts of data," she explained. "I have a permanent network connection installed in my brain."

"Wow," Jacob said. "I've heard of mind-machine interface, but . . . ."

***************************

Finally, in chapter 2 we have:

"My chassis is not outfitted with a wireless transceiver," Allison said. "I cannot transmit or receive data without it. Without the transceiver, I'm restricted to organic interfaces."

****************************

So, the 1st and 3rd bits above seem to corroborate/synch with each other in that Cameron does not have a built in capability to connect with networks wirelessly. The 2nd bit above however would seem to indicate a "permanent network connection installed in [her] brain".

So, which is it?
Casobs2 chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
LOVED THIS CHAPTER!

I can see why you said it was a lot of fun to write. I think that the interaction between Shepard and "Allison" was great. And I believe this is a very believable way that he would have reacted to her being a machine.

For Allison's part, I think that her sort of split in her personality is extremely interesting, and I think you should focus a bit on it. I think the difference of the Cameron side of her and Allison side would made a great plot focus.

Will she go back to her old name? Considering her cover is blown and she doesn't need to "infiltrate" anymore, will she take up her Cameron Phillips persona? I mean, I think she would have had a bit of sentential value when it came to John Connor caller her Cam. Just my opinion if I was her.

You said that you will do more of her perspective and certain points during the mission, I hope you mean her interaction with the rest of the characters. I personally think and her and Tali would have a great interactive twist (this is coming from a Shepard/Tali shipper, lol). I hope this can be as exiting as I think it can be!

Very good job so far, keep up the good work!
Thomas chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
Aewsome, I can hardly wait to see more!
Mercsenary chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
Allison/EDI?

Nah thnking too much into this... :D
ZiPeppe chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
Too bad that this is not going to be a one long story instead of a series of related one shot, but it is easy to see how the story wouldn't have changed much. Anyway nice work and even without the usual "It is an AI! Destroy it!" mentality!
Dark Knight Gafgar chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
Just oneshots and sidestories? Aw. I'd been hoping to see the full events of the game play out with Cameron along for the ride, though I suppose taking up a (fourth? fifth?) novelization wouldn't be the brightest idea.
zzxxphaser chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
Wouldn't Allison and Cameron take a room and pretend to sleep to minimize the amount of people that know she is synthetic?
Inverness chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
It will be very nice if you can keep the one chapter a week thing going. _ Looking forward to the next.

I'm also glad Cameron's true nature was revealed so soon and that you didn't drag it out. )
Grey chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Until next chapter, indeed. This is an amazingly fun start to a crossover story. I must admit I only just played the start of Mass Effect, so I don't know the characters too well, but they seem very well written. And I really do enjoy how you've written Cameron, and how she fits into this world and all the mentions of fun high tech things. I really look forward to reading more. I hope you get a chance to update soon!
Casobs2 chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
I am really liking this concept so far... its sad that john is gone. I have fooled with doing a story like this (now Ill have to change it, haha).

I like how you have Cameron living in the future and assuming a new identity. Will she go back being Cameron or stay as Allison.

I wonder how people will figure out what she it. EDI would probably know immediately, maybe even mordin, being as smart as he is... Will be awesome!
146 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »