Reviews for What Readers Hate
deletttttteddddddddddddddddddd chapter 9 . 11/12/2011
Thank you for explaining the concept of Sues. They're annoying OC's, right?
isfpkitten chapter 11 . 11/11/2011
Hilarious. I love your writing style.
NeonShoelaces chapter 7 . 11/10/2011
I don't mean to be rude, but my friend from Japan and Phillipines (she lived in both places) says most people speak English in those countries. Fluent english. And english music. I asked her about music from Japan and she told me "Lady Gaga. Not Japanese music. Dude, everyone speaks english."

I don't mean to be rude! I made my friend read this and she was um, a, all caps rage...

I'm not sure if she was telling the truth, because I've only ever lived in Canada. If my friend is lying I'll be sad :)

-Neon
The Inactive Writer chapter 9 . 7/14/2011
Sorry about my last review!I accidentally clicked the "Submit" button. Hehe... Anyways, great work! My story has one of those annoying questions in them... Flame me if you like. I'm such a horrible writer, but your guide taught me alot, so thank you!Please update soon!
The Inactive Writer chapter 10 . 7/14/2011
Hello!
When There's Nothing Left chapter 10 . 7/4/2011
First things first, I LOVE YOU. I can totally agree with you. It probably applies to all the genres on the website. Also, I think that there are a ton of different qualities for Mary Sues (really long and exotic names, having a harem, knowing how to do everything, etc.) and that you attacked the most important ones (I really don't like Mary Sues, but then again, who does?). I love how you can nail down the biggest problems in fan fiction, and not just in Shugo Chara.

By the way, I give you my compliments because you said English was you're third language. You do a lot better than some people who have English as their first language. I send you my best on your writing.

-When There's Nothing Left
isfpkitten chapter 10 . 6/17/2011
haha. i love this thing, except i wrote an oc story (no, its not a self insert or mary sue) but thats not shugo chara. youre that person who bluejasmine (sparkles585) talks about. i would be all like "i hate you, you never update this thing" but then id sound like a hippocrite. you can go grammar nazi if you want but i just dont bother with proper grammar in reviews.
Katrina chapter 10 . 5/8/2011
The line has been destroyed! Oh well, I'll atempt to fix it.

- OC Mary Sue *I FAIL*

I found a story that made me go WTF. All I did was read the summary. It's about OCs comforting Kukai and Nagi after their girlfriends broke up with them. *coughRimaandUtau*

And that's how I died.

First, Rima and Nagi aren't in a relationship. If you want them to be in one, thats fine. But WHY would they break up?

And if anyone comes in between Kukai and Itau, I'm gonna hunt that person down!
Irene chapter 5 . 5/2/2011
OH MY GOG I SAW THAT EPISODE. THE LITTLE GIRL SUCKED SOOOO MUCH, AND I GOT SO FUCKING MAD WHEN THE PEOPLE ON THE CLOTH GOT LIKE, 36. "Ooooh the little girl is adorable! Even though she is a girl version of Justin Bieber- wait he is a girl...Oh well lets give her 57! Oh these gymnastic guys are really great! Too bad I like the little girl." FUCK.
Katrina chapter 10 . 4/21/2011
I've read three talkshows that are part of 1% that does well.

I don't think all OCs are Mary Sues though. And OOCness does works for random parodies. But too much OOC gets annoying.

Make a chapter on good crossovers vs bad crossovers!
lecko chapter 5 . 4/8/2011
Hello there.

While I have plenty of things I'd like to say about the other chapters, your chapter about Ikuto is what caught my attention the most. Let's begin, shall we?

As for the story, I don't have much to say except for the fact you abuse the caps-lock button (Sentences in all caps actually take 30% longer to read something) and I hate the way you portray Rima's character. Rima isn't an violent-psycho tsundere - she's very calm and a bit sarcastic. Character exaggeration much?

I don't know why SC authors think Rima hates Tadase so much. I never got that impression - actually, Rima and Tadase don't have that much interaction. Please stop copying whatever fanon says. Did I mention how much I hate SC! fanon?

Also, Rima doesn't hate Nagihiko that much, either. She likes teasing him, but she doesn't call him a "gay retard." She's actually friends with Nagihiko - she just makes a little fun of him sometimes, and it's not nearly the extent you (and so many other writers) you portray it as. If you read SC! Encore chapter 2, you'd know this. You should probably stop using so much clich├ęs and cheap fanon before you start writing a fanfiction guide.

You seem to be very (and unnecessarily)angry about how in a lot of fics, Ikuto knows the other Guardians. Is it such a big deal? A lot of fics are set after the events of the series ending - basically, when Ikuto didn't have to work for Easter anymore, and wasn't - for a lack of a better term - evil anymore. It would be pretty natural for Ikuto to get to know everybody else, plus they did help Amu save Ikuto. This is just me, but - even if it was somebody I hardly knew - if somebody saved my life, I'd like them pretty well. But they, that's just me.

Second of all, why must you use the dumb fandom nickname 'Tadagay' so much? I don't like him either, but the 'Tadagay Homori' junk is very annoying. It's not even that good of a nickname.

Now, my commentary for your versions of OOC Ikuto:

1. Spaz Ikuto- I agree with you on this one. Ikuto is not a spaz. But if it's a crackfic, this can be excused.

2. Neko Ikuto- This one annoys me too. People tend to over-exaggerate one small trait of his and turn him into a ridiculous, slightly creepy cat-human hybrid.

3. Ikuto- Ikuto is nice. Ikuto does smile. Ikuto isn't an unfeeling jerk - he (in his own special little Ikuto way) protected Amu, Utau, and Tadase from getting hurt/killed by Easter. He's probably one of the most caring, deepest characters in the series, actually...

4. Playboy Ikuto- Yes. Playboy Ikuto is fail. Even the original author of the story that started the Playboy-Ikuto thing thought that idea sucked.

5. Uh... Utau never said Ikuto only acts like a so-called "perverted jerk" around Amu, she just said he's never been considered about girls before. And - well, a lot of authors totally overdo it, but I've never seen a fanfiction where Ikuto acted like a perv to everyone. Are you getting this mixed up with Playboy Ikuto?

6. I've never seen an "Ikuto-Tadase" hybrid story ever. Can you please link me to one? Because I'd really like to know what the heck you're talking about.

Tadase doesn't seem like he's gay or a retard to me - just a annoying, and lot exactly the brightest bulb. Tadase-haters go so overboard with their hate - he's an anime character, for God's sakes.

Tadase doesn't have a therapist - what are you talking? Is this some sort of odd cracky joke of yours?

Once again, I don't see the problem with Ikuto knowing all of the guardians. Why are you getting so mad about something so small? It's not that big a deal. Please, calm down.

kbye.
Chika Hoshi chapter 10 . 3/24/2011
*shrugs* I can deal with a flame; it's not like I've never received one, just not in fanfiction.

Good chapter.

Chika H.~
forever.blue.skies chapter 10 . 3/23/2011
Self-inserts scare me sometimes... -shudder- I pretty much agree with everything you said. Besides that fact, I liked how you managed to include OOC-ness, talkshows, and self-inserts all in one chapter.

I really don't have anything bad to say about this chapter... I suck at giving reviews. -_-

Ahaha, nice ending. "Hey, Nagi, have you noticed that your hair turned black?" XD Random, but still rather Yaya-ish.

Um, as for the whole '1.414213562', isn't that the decimal form of the square root of 2? Or something. I dunno. I think it's something like that.

Mhm. So yeah, hooray for killing Mary-Sues? Don't worry; I'm sure just about half of the fanfiction population will join you in exterminating them. :) Hopefully your computer won't crash again~ Update soon, if ya can! :D

-Bluey-san
Gelliefishes chapter 10 . 3/23/2011
Pi...I think that's the answer at least. Er, yeah whatever.

Now, I can finally understand the concept of charas. And now I can be happy about my OCs charas...Now I need to come up with good Chara Nari names and attacks OTL

Hope you update soon!

-Silvie
Anon Fishy-chan chapter 10 . 3/23/2011
I like the Gakuen Alice reference in here (it's of my favourite mangas). I think that having 463,434 Charas (to quote you) would probably mean that someone is a "insane and mentally instable fool". TEEHEE. Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh...

Also, a small amount of OOCness can be okay, especially in humour stories. It's just sooooooo awful when people go overboard. Lastly, if I'm not mistaken, is 1.414213562 the root of 2? LOL, I'm such a nerd.
99 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »