Reviews for What Readers Hate
Katrina chapter 9 . 12/25/2010
I agree with most of what you said.

I don't hold anything againsts talkshows. And I don't think all self inserts are mary-sues. And I'm not even going to capatalize that because "mary-sue" really doesn't deserve to be capatilized. Two of my friends, who's names I will not mention, actually could be a little mary-sue-ish, along with some of my cousin's self inserts.

I'll just give you an example of a couple of my self inserts, and you could decide whether they're mary-sues or not.

Sakura Shirayuki is a twelve year old who has a crush on Kukai, but doesn't want to tell him. She has a little sister, lives with her parents. She lives an average life, well, that is, if you exclude the fact that she could see charas and hangs out with the guardians. (Okay, maybe the hanging out wiuth the guardians part makes her seem like a mary-sue.

Nikki Bakshi (don't ask me where I got the name from) is Sakura's best friend. At first, she didn't get the concept of a guardian character, because she couldn't see them. But when she suddenly had the desire to become a singer and started working on her goal, she was surprised when she saw the charas. (Well, that isn't mary-sue-ish. Please say it isn't)

So I wasted half of my review with stuff that you probably don't give a crap about. Well, if you saw the "fanfics" that I wrote with my cousin and friends, you'd die of confusion and horror.

All I suggest you should do is make a chapter on how akward it would seem if a canon character liked a self inseet who was a mary-sue. Then people would really see how canon x self insert is... I have no idea on how to explain it, maybe it ruins the canon character's reputation.

Or maybe you could write a chapter on weird reviews that don't make any sense and use mine as an example.
Aquatwin chapter 9 . 12/25/2010
3 words come to mind about my own story ideas I've had for making the real world meld with the shugo chara fandom:

Crud, Crud, and Crap.

*bangs head repeatedly* I'm not even TRYING to make a mary sue! GAH! MUST. GO. FIX. IDEA! (good thing it hasn't been posted up yet...perhaps you could help me with my personafication character...).

YAY! The all time awesome do's and don't's writer returns! W I hope to see more soon...because I'm in need of these things TAT (When I write my original stories: pretty good When I write stories with shugo chara: Desparate need of Beta readers TAT)

Keep up the awesome sauce-ness

-Bonnie
Logan Aura chapter 9 . 12/25/2010
YAY! LYCHEE-TAN'S BACK!

"Michael, remove the chara-change."

"Fine."

*ping* Hey, Kage no Hana-san, please update soon. I want to know about self-inserts.

"Logan uses one."

Yes, to create plot and drama.

"Aka be a gary stu"

QUIET RED CHARA! Could you compare self-inserts and Mary/Gary Sue/Stu please.

I'd like you to check mine. Let's see, He's not a perfect stu, he has flaws,

"And he's not a fail stu because they aren't cutesy flaws. He's shy, indecisive, hyper, annoying, likes to torture,"

WE GET IT! He doesn't have a tragic past,nor is an Amu wannabe.

"However, he DOES have WAY to many charas."

Red chara, I might lower the number... and by that i mean KILL YOU!

"RUN AWAY!"

There's a REASON for having seven though, see-able on my profile, and I really focus on a few per story. hope to review ya later.
Chika Hoshi chapter 8 . 12/23/2010
I'm one of those idiots! :D And I'm pretty much a bad writer...I'll be expecting you or someone else to kill me at some time unless I'm not worth it... o3o

At the meantime, I'll just sit here and type away...

Chika Hoshi chapter 7 . 12/23/2010
Yep, I have totally broken a lot these, YES! :D Oh wait, it's suppose to be a bad thing. *insert sad face*

Anyways, I feel kind of debatable about the 'THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO ENGLISH SONGS' because it's contracting from the times singers such as Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Avril Lavigne, Evanescence, and every other English speaking singers/bands that have had their albums and singles sold really well there; they even have toured in Japan.

Japan has been influence by Western countries. What probably best express this well is in the manga/anime Beck where it's not the typical anime style. It's far more realistic and gives a better view of what Japan is really like.

But yeah, I guess something about it just struck a core at me. I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, but eh, while I can somewhat agree with you, there's also some that just made me feel iffy about it. :/

But overall, the chapter made a solid statement.

Chika Hoshi chapter 6 . 12/23/2010
Kusu-kusu is a sound effect for chuckling...EVERYTHING I HAVE KNOWN IS A LIE! No seriously, I got my information wrong then...or did I? o3o gjoierjfoirejofijreojgwijfjc...

Chika Hoshi chapter 3 . 12/23/2010
Well, since this chapter is about grammar, I did notice one grammar mistake that I assume you didn't mean to misuse.

'Remember back when you where five and didn't know that you were supposed to put a space after a period when typing?'

The 'where' between 'you' and 'five' is suppose to be 'were' or so I believe...

Chika Hoshi chapter 2 . 12/23/2010
Hmmm, I never seen anything like 'The Best Fanfiction Ever' of a title in my life. o3o

brilliantliex3 chapter 8 . 12/15/2010
Ahahaha. I have to say, although the stuff you say here is blunt, it's also very true. It was a pleasure reading the tips, and I'm pretty sure I've learned a thing or two from reading them. So thanks. :]
Logan Aura chapter 7 . 12/3/2010
Remember when I asked you to review my stories? I just noticed you didn't rant about the fact I use Shizukani Mikaru, which has Mikael as an option in spell check. Just saying! You said you don't like to read those dare shows, so how about a Backstage look at one? One of my favorite authors, Suteneko-san, thinks it's alright, and It doesn't really need the actual thing to understand.

"You sound desperate again, Logan"

SHUT IT NYA BEFORE I STOP BELIEVING IN YOU!

"Fine."

Thank you. anyways, I kind of want your opinion on the Ikuto I used, pre-OOC. I kept in mind the " his friends, WHICH DO NOT INCLUDE ANY OF THE GUARDIANS OTHER THAN AMU AND TADASE/TADAGAY! In most of the fics I've read which include Ikuto, ALL OF THE GUARDIANS KNOW HIM! YOU CAN'T BECOME FRIENDS WITH SOMEBODY IF ALL YOU DO IS ASSAULT THEM WITH BOWLING PINS OR DUCKS OR ATTEMPT TO SLICE THEM TO BITS WITH SOME SHARP OBJECT OF SOME SORT!" thing.

"Logan, don't ignore us next fic!"

JEEZ, FREE! I wrote almost an entire Fic involving the charas. Well, now that i looked closely at your page, I kind of want to know WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR INNER PERSONALITY!

I ignored Nut-chan's charas... I'll have them appear later, just so they can be happy. I probably should ask her about them and see what they might say.

I didn't know kusukusu was onomatopoeia.

I HAPPEN TO LIKE MIRU AND KUZUMU!

" You hinted at kuzumu during Firework."

Quiet Lee

... I resent that "fangirl" comment.

Dia actually depends on what canon you go by. If it's Party's segments, she is an airhead, and in the manga, she is just tacked on near the end and has NO character development, or very little, depending on the subber.

Aren't Yanderes the Psycho girls who attack anyone who gets in their way?

LOVE THE FIC! Can't wait for an update! Maybe you could talk about poorly done dare-shows?
Jinsei no Akki chapter 8 . 12/2/2010
*Claps*

Well done! I myself hate self inserts.

I hate all the pairings on Shugo chara though...

I just like the OC ones, some are really good!

But others... *drifts away turning to sand*

I actually liked your example of a badfic because I'm seeing too many of them around all the time.

I suppose I could be a good writer (at badfics).

I'm trying my hardest to improve TT.

I even ditched d charas in my story because I knew that I would forget about them and then they wouldn't even exist.

I find it really difficult to keep the charas involved within the story, some people are really good at it.

I think you've had enough of my ranting now -_-" so I'll stop.

Well talk to you later _.

xx
forever.blue.skies chapter 8 . 12/1/2010
Oh my flip. That was HILARIOUS, and pretty informative at the same time, which makes it quite interesting. It's funny when you create side-stories to go along with your...Moral. Yeah, sure, moral. :) I love this story. Update soon! :3
Anon Fishy-chan chapter 8 . 11/20/2010
Great chapter, although I will admit that I haven't read THAT many badfics. Sure, I've read a few, but most've of what I've read is excellent, pretty good, or just simply readable, at worst. On the other hand, I don't commonly read romance fics, so that probably explains it.
Goose-chan chapter 8 . 11/19/2010
Oh, dang. I feel your pain. I actually have a hit list of bad authors, and my FFN friends have been working on flaming- er, advising them -; (Some actually take the advice... except that one time... yeah...)

(I feel like I have no right to do that, since I used to be one of those semi-badfic authors XD I mean, some of the earlier stuff I wrote... -dies-)

Goose-chan
Amplifyingly Loud chapter 8 . 11/18/2010
Wow, I can really see your view on badfics. It's like people forget they have Spell Check or something. I can't really comment on the self insertions because I do them myself, but I still await my first flamer. Is that a good thing, or bad thing?
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »