Reviews for A Prison of His Own Design
Saramagician chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Oh! Nice try! I would like it more if you continue it! A interesting confront between Severus and Sirius and James,..., well, Surely Albus. ;)
Loonynamelass chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Hm, well.

This is the second thing I've read of yours and it also deserves Favoritism.

Oh, Snape!

I think I said this in my previous review, but you really add closure to his tragedy. It's beautiful.
emanon chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Snape didn't take care of Lily's son. He spent 7 years trying to demean, punish, and hurt him in any way that he could. Just because he didn't kill Harry, doesn't mean that he looked after him. And Harry will not treat his godson like Snape treated him. Snape was a bitter, lonely, and spiteful man. To suggest otherwise is an insult to children everywhere that are mentally abused by adults.
Alex chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
"They'd love to see you."

Oh, I'm sure. Longing for the good old days when they attacked and humiliated him 4-on-1 and got rewarded for it - with Lily believing them over her supposed best friend even *before* the rift and smiling at his plight. Must have been boring in afterlife without their favourite target...

I don't think mind!Azkaban is the hell of Snape's own making - hell here is the outside with the Gryffindor bullies just waiting. If he has an ounce of common sense and self-worth Severus stays far away from them! This cell sounds comparatively nice; particularly if he can furnish and expand his environment as he likes.

Especially since St. Lily hasn't matured in death either: 'Oh, come on, Severus, don't you think it's time to let bygones be bygones?'

Yeah, really - what nerve of the victim to not forget and forgive - without ever having been asked for forgiveness by the perpetrators (any of them, including "nice", "responsible" Lupin) of course! When Sirius, in the last year before his death by clowning around in front of a curtain instead of fighting another mentally unstable Black or actually protecting his supposedly beloved godson (!), only regretted that he DIDN'T get Snape successfully murdered or infected at school... That makes one really long for this kind of company.
White Scaramouche chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
The best Snape/Lily reunion-in-the-afterlife fic I've seen so far. Good job!
Very Small Prophet chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Sev, stay in your cell. There's no one outside you want to see, only condescending, self-righteous Gryffindors. After you've rested long enough, perhaps you can install a potions lab and a library. But keep that door securely locked. There's nothing but hell outside.

Saith Jean-Paul Sartre: Hell is other people.
Radella Hardwick chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
So very typical of the great man!

I do prefer your idea that the afterlife reflects our expectations, not our just desserts.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
An afterlife run by Gryffindor, with no one there to actually speak up for Snape (like his mother, for instance)? Oh, yes, Lily's there-no doubt she can hardly wait to see him out, since her lovely friends lack only a chew toy to make their lives a perfect Heaven. Let's remember what Albus _really_ feels about Snape before assuming an afterlife run by him is actually for Severus' own good.

One consolation-the Marauders, given eternity, will finally get bored with tormenting Snape.

Are you really certain the cell is worse than what is waiting for him outside of it?

I expect a Marauder-run Heaven is supposed to a _good_ thing for Snape. Um, really?

Nicely done, but assumes that those outside the cell actually care for Snape, and don't just miss him for target practice.