Reviews for The Crackerjack Compass
Guest chapter 1 . 6/17/2015
eeeeeeeyy OTP OTP OTP
prolixius5 chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Hi,
I'm glad there is at least one fic about Contact. I love that movie and watch it again from time to time, as one of my favorites.
Thanks a lot for sharing this one. Maybe I'll join you some day with one of my own; I've been thinking 'bout writing one. Just need to decide on which part...
All the best :-)
Lyxie
Guest chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Hey I really enjoyed that, thank you :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
PLEASE DON'T READ WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST FRIDAY BY THE LOVER OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS. DON'T STOP. THIS IS FREAKY 1)say your name 10 times 2)say your moms name 5 times 3)say your crush's name 3 times 4)PASTE THIS TO FOUR OTHER QUIZZES... See More IF YOU DO THIS YOUR CRUSH WILL KISS YOU ...ON THE NEAREST FRIDAY. BUT IF YOU READ THIS AND DONT PASTE IT YOU WILL HAVE BAD LUCK. SEND THIS TO FIVE QUIZZES IN 143 MINUTES. WHEN YOU'RE DONE PRESS F6 AND YOUR CRUSH'S NAME WILL APPEAR IN BIG LETTERS ON THE SCREEN. THIS IS SO FREAKY BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY WORKS
ThestralSpell14407 chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
cool
EvadingxEloquence chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Contact was, not only a fantastic movie, but one of the best books I've ever read. One of my two favorites, in fact.

It's not only a wonderful thing to see that someone's taken the time to write about it, but you've done a fantastic job. Ellie and Joss are not easy characters to be deeply in touch with while writing- I've seen Contact fanfiction before, and it is usually riddled with little quirks the author adds to each character fairly well subconsciously. You've stayed in character extremely well.

I also love the simplicity. Sagan's book especially focused so much on the thought, emotion, and intent behind the words and actions of the characters, and you've captured that spirit extremely well.

And now, for a quick fangirl squeal. !

Pelahnar chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I found it interesting that the compass might've ended up saving HER life. I guess there's nothing in the movie (I haven't read the book - yet) that actually says she would've died if she'd stayed in the chair, instead of getting out to catch the compass, but then, there's nothing that says she would lived, either.

I like this. I hadn't thought she was this flustered at their first meeting, but then, maybe I just didn't catch it.

Drumlin, grr. He said the universe is mostly noble gases, and it's not - the NORMAL MATTER in the universe (which is only a fourth of all matter including dark matter, and an even smaller percentage of the universe if you count dark energy) just regular matter alone is made up of 75% hydrogen, which isn't a noble gas. Helium is, but it only makes up 25% (or the normal matter). Pretty much all other gases (noble or not) are trace.

Sorry. I was really upset that I couldn't find that error on imdb, and as this is the only Contact fic on this site, at least in the movies section...I simply had to rant to you.

Anyway, I liked the story! Great job!
Deanadelyon chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Wow. Nice job. Nice, flowing writing style; the voice is convincingly Ellie's. Very simple, very... delicate, I think is a good word. Nice work.
Roxz chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
please continue i am hooked

xoxo roxz
KatiaSwift chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Well, I read it. Good, I think that you should take it another few chapters...

Good luck, and Keep Writing!

~Katia
Bruno and Ella chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
I love it! Nobody writes Contact fanfiction so this makes me really excited...maybe you could write more? -hopeful look-

Great job!
MaggieTheUnicorn chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
I like it! KeEep writing! There aren't enough Contact fics out there, and this was pretty impressive!

Maggie