Reviews for Scheherazade
lv2bnsb1 chapter 6 . 7/15/2013
Someone just told me about your fix! This little piece is really wonderful - and what a great idea!
Twyger chapter 17 . 10/16/2012
Dear Celia,

Thank you for the great story - I didn't go to bed until 2:00 because I couldn't stop reading. Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of us around the world! Headed off to read something else of yours ... thanks again!
brodie-wan chapter 17 . 1/16/2012
Hello Celia! as always, I love your titles, your rich, literary style, and the emotion conveyed within.

This fic was a lovely. I like that you used Gina, because it's a fresh perspective on Rick and Kate. Plus, you've used her voice before with great success.

"But there was a way in which this particular admirer carried herself – the way the sorrow wrapped around her shoulders like a fur wrap, like she'd seen the things Richard had only envisioned in his imagination-"

I was wrapt by the sadness that was so apparent in Beckett's face. Great description.

I also enjoyed how you added Gina's opinion on how each one had decided that they could not live without the other, yet they still wait for the 'spark'.

Brilliant. I hope to see more.
pynki616 chapter 10 . 1/11/2012
Wow. This would be an amazing episode... :)
Van Inactive chapter 17 . 12/11/2011
Yes, I remember you and I smiled when I saw your story posted. Very nice update, as always. I look forward to your next work of art. :)
GhostWriterLost chapter 17 . 12/11/2011
I think you are terribly rusty and i sentence you to writing lots and lots of fics for this hiatus period (*g*). Seriously, this is lovely and we missed your regular contributions to the Castle 'verse.

Kudos to speaking from Gina's perspective. Wish we'd seen more of her before the latest breakup with Ricky.

The tone you've given Gina's voice is wonderfully bittersweet - a carefully balanced mixture of rueful, amused, resigned and a little awed - which seems appropriate, both for Gina and for scene she's recalling.

I loved many many lines, but this one made me laugh out loud:

"But Richard, focused on enduring the signing only because she and Paula had tag-teamed him with heavy-handed chastisement (oh, how the more things change, the more they just stay the same) ..."

It's nice to know not just Beckett is the dominant one with Ricky boy.
Lattelady chapter 17 . 12/11/2011
Wow you haven't lost your tough. That was amazing.
recycled-stars chapter 17 . 12/11/2011
Blood clots: I hope you are now adequately anticoagulated. (I'm going to try to sell that one to Hallmark.)

In happier news FIC. Ugh. Why are you perfect. I love that htis is from Gina's perspective, quirky and kind of lovely, the reflection on their past relationship and Castle's relationship with Beckett with a kind of lack of regret, bitterness that I can imagine from Gina. She's always been one of the characters I've wished canon would flesh out. So props for that.

Also this: "the lines more consequences than truths had sculpted into her face." Slayed. And the last line? Heart singing, truly.
eyrianone chapter 16 . 4/4/2011
You never cease to amaze me with the pictures you can conjure in so few perfectly chosen words. As always, inspired.
Ariel119 chapter 16 . 4/4/2011
NICE!
morethanamuse chapter 16 . 4/4/2011
also well done. i know its fitting, but i hope they dont get married in a courthouse! lol
morethanamuse chapter 15 . 4/4/2011
nice!
GhostWriterLost chapter 15 . 4/4/2011
The commenter is Castle or the Pizza delivery boy? I guess it doesn't really matter. Kind of makes me think about how many supporting players ever play really has. Nice, thank you.
GhostWriterLost chapter 16 . 4/4/2011
" to accept not only forever but the fact that they haven't disappeared like Pompeii beneath ash - that they've not only survived but lived"

Perfect1
ImaginePeace chapter 4 . 4/2/2011
I loved this line so much: "He's the king of hearts, jaunty and inviting; a warm shade of welcome. She's the queen of spades; quiet but cunning, proudly ruthless in her pursuit of starkly black and white truths."

They're just such a perfect metaphors for the two of them.