Reviews for The Teacher
Kiraling chapter 16 . 12/15/2012
I agree with you, Severus - Remus is as white as they come :) Then again, you're not so bad yourself... ;)
Kiraling chapter 15 . 12/15/2012
Wow, that was bittersweet... I'm so glad that Remus told Severus that he loves him (Iand I only hope for Severus to do the same. And soon!), but the ending... :(

I also like the way you put the book scenes in the story, it gives the fic a very canonical feeling :)
Kiraling chapter 13 . 12/15/2012
Albus and Minerva know something's up, I swear ;D I was snickering all the time reading this chapter!
Kiraling chapter 12 . 12/15/2012
Yaaaay, finally a kiss! :D It was so romantic! Their whole relationship is romantic and I adore it :3
Kiraling chapter 11 . 12/15/2012
OMG, this is perfect. I haven't got anything else to say.
Kiraling chapter 10 . 12/15/2012
I intended to review this story at the end (yeah, I'm lazy...), but this chapter was so beautifull that I have to write what I think RIGHT NOW. Although I'm a snupin fan, I hardly think canon Remus and Severus would ever fall for each other; but your story proves that it is possible! Both professors are described very canonically as far as I'm concerned, and their feelings are totally believable as well :) I love your Remus with his gentleness, quiet humour and sweet smiles and your Severus, who is cold and indifferent, but only on the outside :') I also like that the narrative is from Sev's point of view - his descriptions of Remus are beautifull, even breathtaking at times! This is a great fic, honestly :]
Resevius chapter 18 . 10/9/2012
Okay, I hope I don't ruin any moods or anything like that here, but for some reason, "Give Your Heart A Break" by Demi Lovato really reminds me of this story. The lyrics just fit Remus to Severus somehow - loving and insistently forgiving, maybe even a little needy. Just an opinion. :) Madam
Snape5 chapter 22 . 9/29/2012
I have never tried to write something like this, so I am not sure how hard it is to do. This is a rather useless review in response to all that passion and emotion, which I thought you rote beautifully and kind of respectfully. But I don't know what 'Honey bangs' are. It might just be me but it broke the flow of reading as I tried to imagine what they might be.

Also I was trying to remember if Remus does say Sirius shouldn't get kissed by the Dementors in the books. I'm inclined to think he does say that because you have stuck so impressively to the books story line but if he does he is a right hypocrite because when he finds out it's Peter and not Sirius who's guilty he seems to think the Dementor's kiss is a brilliant idea.

Honey Bangs, it made me smile although I'm bound to feel like an idiot when I google them, probably.
Snape5 chapter 15 . 9/29/2012
This chapter is brilliant. The energy is fantastic. Their reactions. The broken cup, the awful inevitability of it all.

Critique: Surely Severus would remember if he had or had not heard someone say 'I love you' to him before.

Also, personally I think 'amber eyes' is needed rather than 'ambers' I have been mulling over this one on the grounds that amber is an actual resin as well as a colour, but IMHO I think it should be amber eyes. But it is just my thoughts.

Hope that's not annoying. I do think this story is great and I am really enjoying reading it.
Snape5 chapter 11 . 9/29/2012
After reading this chapter I was struck with the thought that there is something very brave and honest in what you are writing. You are very good at putting the fears and random thoughts that surely flit about in all human minds into your stories. Your Severus is brilliantly realistic and your Remus is so relentlessly nice that it is hard to imagine that everyone doesn't love him.
You say he has a husky voice a lot, maybe too much? Or maybe this is what so successfully creates the feeling that these thoughts occur again and again in Severus's head.
I've already said but I still like the fact that you have worked the time line of the story against this, and the mentions of 'the grim' and Remus's reaction to it. I still think he should tell someone that Sirius is an animagus that knows a secret passage avoiding staff and dementors straight from Honeydukes into Hogwarts. That he doesn't suggests a serious flaw in his over all decency and desire to keep Harry safe. I wonder if you will address it in later chapters. It is so exciting to find such a well written story.
Snape5 chapter 7 . 9/29/2012
I know this is really annoying but while a 'blue moon' is a calendar month when the moon is full twice. The moon is full once every 28 days, regardless of what our human calendars are doing. Sorry if that's really annoying. I have just had a similar problem with my story.
Snape5 chapter 2 . 9/28/2012
So this chapter answered my questions really. Maybe I should review once at the end of the story, but I think I would like it better if people reviewed chapters for me, so I will do it this way for now.
It is so well written I certainly wouldn't presume to offer any critique. Lemon Sherbets are Dumbledores sweet of choice and the password in the original books. Lemon Drop was the Americanization but I'm guessing you know that and have chosen to keep it.
I love the way Severus has picked up on the Grim issue. And the repeat of 'Husky' the chapter title really does feel like an echo in Severus's mind. Brilliant.
Snape5 chapter 3 . 9/28/2012
I loved 'the sudden urge to bang his head against the nearest brick wall'.

I also wonder where you are going with the Remus's being so thin. I have noticed a lot of fanfiction where Remus is really thin, but I think other characters might have commented on it in the books if he really was this thin. There are lots of comments about Harry, James and post-Azkaban Sirius being very skinny, but in fanfiction it always seems to be Remus.

I wonder about his patched robes as well. Sirius is wearing his tattered Azkaban robes still when he shows up at the end of the Goblet of Fire over a year after his escape. Remus also favours wearing the same very damaged outfit year after year, even though they are both skillfull wizards who could presumably 'rapario' or 'episky' their clothes if not transfigure them into anything they wanted.

I love the thoughts that bat about in Severus's mind and how much they irritate him.
I also love how you are following the pattern of the books to faithfully. The boggart, Peeves's taunting song. So much care. I am impressed.
Snape5 chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Love this first chapter. You often write 'said he' instead of 'he said'. I think I rather like it, it gives your writing a very distinctive style.

I like the way you write. The balance between description, dialogue and internal thought seems just right. I like the way that, although written in the third person, we are clearly seeing the world through Severus's eyes.

Severus thinks that Remus would help Sirius kill James Potters son? Severus says this in cannon, so I think you're right to put it in, but it still seems very strange to me. If one of my four best friends killed one of our group of friends, as good as killed the other two (James and Lily) and tried to get their baby killed as well, then murdered twelve other people, escaped from prison and wanted to kill James thirteen year old son I am one hundred percent sure I wouldn't help them do it. Why, even in cannon, does Severus think it's likely that Remus, believing Sirius is guilty of these horrific crimes, would still help him?
airmanbailey chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Take my hand, take my whole life too; I’ll follow wherever MyMoony will go; nobody said it was easy, it's such a shame for us to part, nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard, take me back to the start; but you, you’re the catalyst; just breathe.
This story. My god. This is it. This has become cannon for me. I have read this at least 10 times since I found it. I savor it, I read it slowly, I process everything that’s happening. And when I get to the end, there’s a need for more; more feelings, more journeys, more interaction. And no other fan-fiction can do what this story does, so I start over; over and over I travel with these two characters, feel their feelings, breathe their pain, relish in their joy, and suffer with their heartache. It’s like my favorite song, the one I know all the words to, the one I sing along to, the one that sums up everything I feel. This story is so many things to me.
Let me quantify this by saying I don’t ship Snape; with anyone. He’s a solitary figure in my head. He loved once, and he failed, and it was tragic; and that was it for him. He’s filled with regret and remorse and harbors a love that ended tragically; to Snape, love is tragic and terrifying and dangerous; he is a danger to love. Additionally, I believe that Snape’s life was over the night Lily died; his intent was to end his life, to what end was he to live for anymore, alas enter the Dumbledore guilt trip, resulting in Snape staying alive, fueled by his task to repent to Lily in the only remaining way, protecting Harry. I could go on and on, but that’s not my point here. My point is to say, that I don’t ship Snape. But this, this story, I buy it. I can see it, it’s exceptionally believable.
The Snape in this story is my Snape, he’s the Snape I know and understand, he is THE Snape. He’s flawed, he’s angry, his soul is tired, he’s insecure, he’s alone and isolated, he’s wrong, and he’s damaged. I know this Snape, he’s familiar like home. I just love the characterization in this story; it’s so fitting. The louder things scream in his head, the less able he is to say them; the never ending self-doubt, the determination to remain self-reliant and independent; yet the basic human need to have a partner in life, someone that understands him, this need relentlessly burdens him and refuses to leave him in peace with a solitary survival.
Ahh Lupin; the head-cocked, patient, ever listening, ever understanding, still as water, exploding with feelings, making everything around him a consumption of calmness, eyes that see trueness, processing damaged emotions and behaviors with lightning speed. He stills shaking hands, he dispels fears, he comforts raging minds, he is home and everything safe and secure in the world. Yet, he’s surrounded by burdens that should consume him, but they don’t, he doesn’t allow it. He is strength personified, his weakness found in the acknowledgment of that strength, a humble man who is embarrassed by what a great man he really is.
The pairing, oh the pairing. This is a slow simmer, a delightful dance, an interaction of intrigue, and a discourse in intellect. I adore the way they come together; I adore the way they interact with each other. From the first grin and the first snarl to the last glance. These are real characters interacting in a real way. These are not two characters who trip over each other, their eyes meet, and boom love. No. These are two people with deep pasts that have crisscrossed over each other but that also greatly parallel each other. There is resentment, misunderstanding, and insecurity. There is unity in their treatment by the outside world, there is understanding, and there is compassion. These are two people who desperately needed each other, yet had no idea.
The ending. I won’t ruin it here, but I will say it’s perfect. It is exactly how it should have ended, and I would have been highly disappointed had it been any different than it was.
Overall this is a fantastic story; one brilliantly woven into the behind the scenes of PoA; this book will never be the same to me, and I really don’t mind that. This story is so much more than just a fan-fiction; it’s a journey of understanding that hits you right in the soul. I could go on and on about this, honestly, there is so much more that can be said.
178 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »