Reviews for Know Thyself
Timothy P chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
This story is great! I love Lost in Spaxce, and your description of Dr. Zachary Smith is so like the show!
DANGER WILL ROBINSON, MORE THRILLS ARE YET TO COME!
HowlynMad chapter 7 . 4/9/2012
I have to say that the characterizations are so spot on.. lol. This is Smith at his height of comical genius. I wonder if J Harris hadn't created the Smith we know and love if they really would have killed him off as they planned...
Joan Powers chapter 7 . 10/29/2010
So does this mean you'll be writing a new story in the Robinson's future? That would be fun!

Dave chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
Just looked up "Lost in Space fan fiction" on Google and this was my first discovery. It hit the nail on the head! Perfectly evocative of the series, yet nice original writing. I'll be reading more for both entertainment and inspiration! Thanks!
NLMinStL chapter 7 . 10/28/2010
This was a great story. It easily could be inserted into season 1. You have a wonderful feel for the characters. So are you going to continue this story AND create a new story set 25 years in the future? I hope so! Very well done, thanks for sharing, and I look forward to more.
Joan Powers chapter 6 . 10/26/2010
Clever twist there. This line had me laughing:

All except for Doctor Smith of course, and the Robot, because everybody knows that robots cannot laugh.

Joan Powers chapter 5 . 10/20/2010
Nice interaction between Smith and Will.

NLMinStL chapter 5 . 10/19/2010
Chapter 5 could have been taken directly from an episode. You've written a classic Will/Smith scene. Looking forward to what comes next.
NLMinStL chapter 4 . 10/13/2010
Looks like the creatures are getting closer. Nice build up of tension in this chapter.
Joan Powers chapter 4 . 10/12/2010
Nice insights as to how Will sees Dr. Smith.

Will rolled his eyes in exasperation, adding to himself that neither was Doctor Smith clever enough to be the engineer of even half the woes that he was accused of bringing about. Some people just had a guilty kind of face, he supposed, and so were always getting the blame for things they couldn't possibly have done.

Chewie-Fan chapter 3 . 10/9/2010
Very cute line:

"I may be a man of many fine and admirable talents, but the one thing I am not is comic relief. How vulgar!"

I like how you're following the show's format.
NLMinStL chapter 3 . 10/4/2010
Now I'm wondering what's up with Smith. You've added a very interesting new development. You have Smith's voice and mannerisms down perfectly. The pushing random buttons routine and this "He smiled at the Major in a manner that was not so much friendly, as it was reptilian." is a great description of that smile. "He hesitated a moment in thought and then bent down and smeared some of the planet's sandy soil onto his face with all the care of an actor applying greasepaint. For added effect he also tousled up his hair, before taking off at a run in the direction he supposed the Robinsons to be." That was also a nice touch, and classic Smith. Can't wait to see the next chapter!
carol chapter 2 . 10/2/2010
Great beginning. I cant wait to find out if the little alien or the migration is the real danger. Maybe both.
Chewie-Fan chapter 2 . 9/30/2010
"Then what happened?" Judy, the eldest Robinson child, asked, for she had not spoken yet and often got the throwaway dialogue that served no purpose other than to further along the narrative.

How true!

Poor Marta!
Joan Powers chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
It feels like I'm watching an episode of the show. I especially loved this line about Judy:

Isn't that the truth?