Reviews for Sociopath
Brianna chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
I thought it was funny. I actually agreed with some of the points you made in the story. People don't need to get all bent out of shape over a story. It was well written and entertaining. If they don't like this kind of story then they should skip it. Well done. I enjoyed it.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I got where you were going with it, but found the last A/N really interesting. I could see how reading this seriously may push someone's buttons... maybe? haha, okay, not really, but I was on board for the Pepper-is-po'd boat from the beginning, so didn't get a chance to read it like they did.

Anyway, I liked this. I haven't seen many early-relationship fics on Tony and Pepper and I liked how you didn't have the same dynamic that they grow to have in the movies. I /love/ that dynamic so, so much, but the fact that its something they have to work toward really appeals to me.

AND, I often diagnose people through wikipedia with terrible disorders when they aren't nice to me. Not really, though I am about to start, thanks to this fic, and the though that someone may walk in while I am muttering to myself about their diagnosis hits me as TRES amusing, so that Tony-POV bit in this fic actually made me lol.

Structurally, it was well written. I liked the interspacing of Pepper's reaction with the 'signs' of sociopathy. I liked how you managed to give us the timing and the background info so quickly and get right into the emotions of the fic. I enjoyed the way you wrote the characters and the little we see them actually emote (Tony's raised eyebrow) really set them as the characters I can picture in my head.

Anyway, /I/ liked. Wouldn't let one person's review dictate where you decide to take your writing and humour in future. Haters gonna hate! ;)
Phoenixhp5 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
funny! loved it!
Wonderwomanbatmanfan chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
man this was good. you should try to add more here it would make a great story :D
Super Ultra Sexy Spockfish chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
Who the hell has the right to tell you what you can and can't write? I mean, seriously! IIIII thought it was AWESOME! Why can't you flaming jerks give it a rest, the keyword in fanfiction is FICTION.

Really, people?

Loved the story, hate the flamers.

-sussf
Deleted User Accout chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Wow. You need to get rid of your a/n at the bottom, because I really enjoyed this fic. I mean, big time. This was a total riot and had me busting out a giggle fits. Loved it.

Ignore RW. He/she/it doesn't have a sense of humor. Please write more IM comedy fics. :D

Ginger Locks
GunItNeko chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
If it helps: I thought it was funny. (shrug) I know a borderline sociopath myself. He doesn't go around sleeping with everything in sight for constantly ordering people to do as he says, but he does have a habit of just doing what he wants and not really caring. It's amusing to us. (my friend, who is his girlfriend, and I)
Malvolia chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I am with most of your reviewers in finding R.W.'s review a bit skewed, albeit a terrific way to garner more reviews...are you sure you didn't write it yourself? ;)

Your fic WAS ironic and funny and obviously from Pepper's perspective, and it is clearly labeled as "humor." Clearly Pepper's late-night psychoanalysis using only Google makes her about as qualified to do legitimate diagnosing as you are. That's what made it funny and recognizable-how many of us have started worrying over something we read on WebMD or something like that?

Don't steer clear of writing such things just because of one review. Part of progressing in your writing is learning whose opinions are on target and whose are off-base, and although the goal is obviously to be as clear as possible, you can never be clear enough for everybody.
luvsbitca chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I enjoyed this. It was funny. Some people are too serious keep writing for you you are doing a lovely job. I do wonder she managed to last that first year he is bloody hard work.

Thanks for sharing.
QueenOfAwesomness chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I thought it was funny. I think some people take things to seriously.
LOVEit chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
well I didn't hate it! Actually I liked it pretty much and Pepper having that thought and suspecting Tony for a sociopath makes a lot of sense for me! it was in their early days so she didn't know him that well. I liked it and I'd like you to keep on writing! Maybe a sequel where Pepper reflects on that day later on when they're together?
Lucky Dragon Smile chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Loved it! And I was going to review soon as I read your disclaimer. Too funny! RDJ is just. *swoons* AWESOME! Your fic is awesome too. I hate that someone left you a really mean review. I dunno what people get out of that. I've been on fanfic for years, reviewing, I don't write, and I've never left a mean review. If I have, I don't remember. If I don't like it, I just don't bother. I don't go about raining on parades like some other self righteous pricks.

Anyways, awesome fic! I could totally see Tony doing that to a plane. LMAO!
Red3 chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
I get it. It's Pepper's perspective. Who hasn't looked up the symptoms of sociopaths or psychopaths just out of curiosity, and as a result made comparisons to people they know? I think that other review was harsh, and didn't really understand the story. I liked it,and I thought it was humorous.
saichick-Anna-Erishkigal chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Actually ... the real-life inspiration for Tony Stark, Howard Hughes, suffered from OCD and was a suspected sociopath.

Only despite the legend, HH was a heck of a lot of a nastier person than comes out in the movies. I highly doubt the Marvel writers researched that aspect of their inspiration when they borrowed it. Tony Stark is a class A jerk, but lacks the nastiness of a real sociopath. Narcissism is a more apt label.

Crossed paths with a sociopath once. If you saw the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy" with Julia Roberts ... yeah ... it was just like that. They did a good job of describing the illness in that movie. Not fun to date in real life. But interesting diagnosis you've made. He definitely has -some- of the symptoms.
R.W chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
To be legitimately classified as a sociopath, there must be a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others. You can't just look at the rest of the DSM's classification and disregard that one and say "oh look, he's an irresponsible narcissist who requires a lot of stimulation and screws around a lot, clearly he's a sociopath." Everyone needs stimulation of some sort, and just because he's got a big ego (it comes with the territory of being a genius, frankly), screws around, is a bit irresponsible (or at least seems like it) and hasn't gotten around to falling madly in love and living happily ever after doesn't automatically mean he's suffering from antisocial personality disorder. Sociopaths don't care about anyone else, and they violate people's rights just for the hell of it. Does that sound like the personality of someone who flies around, saving the world?

If you're going to try to psychoanalyze someone, at least do a little research before you do it.