Reviews for My summer in the spring
EtherealFox chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Nicely written, I'd like to see a continuation. Even if they're not so serious, I can imagine Kana coming up with some embarasing new game to entertain herself with.
accountnotavailable chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
In general, I think that this story is very enjoyable with only a few errors here and there. One thing, though, is that the age difference between Makoto and Kana is a bit too much, but that's In my opinion. I especially liked the "mystery waiter"; it was quite funny considering who it was :). So yeah...loved the story! And yes there should be more Minami-ke fanfictions.
mellowcellogirl
wingsofseyfert12 chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
I actually read this story sometime back but I was too lazy to leave a review due since I read this through my cell and I hate texting.

Anyway, this one shot was very enjoyable. While I don't have a problem with cross-dressers I always felt that Makoto was cross-dressing for all the wrong reasons and that the problems he was going through could have been addressed with small changes to his personality.

That said, I highly approve of your making him man-up and admit what he had done. It is not easy to out yourself like that considering that it would not only be freaky, but place a severe breach of trust on those who "thought" you were a girl.

While I believe Makoto is far too young right now to be have any chance with Kana, I would prefer Makoto with Kana as opposed to Kana being with Fuji-fellow (can't remember his name). Kana and Makoto get along really well while I can only feel awkwardness coming from Fuji and Kana when they're together. That and for some reason, I get the feeling that Fuji would turn out abusive but that's just me being paranoid.

As for the characters themselves, mostly everyone is in character, which is good. Kana may have been a tad too serious and forward (as far as kissing Makoto) but its really no big deal.

Overall it was very enjoyable. I'm just sad that this great series has so little love while overhyped crap like Naruto (personal opinion) gets the same amount of stories as this series in like thirty minutes. Oh well. Anyway, good job and hope you write some more.
Obscuris chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Hmm, is this the first Makoto/Kana fic? If so, then congratulations on writing the first! If not, then... congratulations on writing another!

I enjoyed this little number. First, I noticed some spelling/grammar issues or odd wording. "Though" instead of "thought" is one example; I'm too lazy to point out others. Next: I had worried for a bit that you somehow read my mind and was going to use the same premise as a Makoto/Kana fic I have in my head. Thankfully it went off in another direction. Kana seemed much more serious than normal. It could just be because she's upset about not having Makoto around, but it's still kind of weird to see especially in comparison to how she is in the show. Also, why do I get the feeling that Chiaki knows he's Mako-chan and is lying about being told "she" moved away?

So there ya go. I'd say this is decent-good. Sucks to see you haven't been reviewed yet. I wish the Minami-ke fanfiction section was more active in general.