Reviews for Roll of Years
Drage-Ryuu-chan chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
Well, that was sad! The end, I mean, but I really loved this. Like, really, really loved this. I find it quite historically accurate, as far as I know, and I really love how you depicted interaction between old Fritz and Gilbert: mutual respect and some loving distance is exactly how I had imagined it. Kudos to you!
RikuTakano chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
It erks me that Old Fritz was used as a symbol or what not by the Nazi regime, grrrrr, loved the tidbits of historyhetalia though :D
AwesomePecan2 chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
My friend knows how much I love the whole Prussia/Fritz relationship and linked this to me and oh. My. Goodness. This was gorgeous and wonderful! I have no better words to describe my feelings for this fic, except maybe shame. Shame for the fact it hadn't occurred to me to look up Prussia/Fritz fics before and how had I been deprived of such a beautiful thing all this time? But I digress...

All the historical references made me so happy like you wouldn't believe, and I felt like crying for so many parts, but the America cameo made me absolutely shit-faced happy, orz

-AP2, out

((I hate how reviews never really get across how you feel for the damn wonderful fic, ugh))
brunnettewannabe49643 chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Wow... This is beautiful

I've been looking for ages to find something that described the relationship between Prussia and Fritz, because I don't know much about him, but I want him to make a short appearance in my fanfic.

I literally cried at the part about Fritz's death... Props to you, my friend
die-kokolores chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
awww mann I LOVE this story! It's definitely one that could have been turned into a novel, but you made it work as a one-shot beautifully just the same. A few lapses in your writing occured at a few parts in the very end, but over all I thought it was a wonderful representation of the relationship between Prussia and Old Fritz.

nice job!

oh and there is a webcomic called "Fredrick The Great: A Most Lamentable Comedy Breaching Time and Space". Basically, Old Fritz timetravels with his hat. Go check it out. If you love Prussia and history, you'll pretty much jiz your pants. :)
Trumpet-Geek chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
This was beautiful! I loved reading it!
KnightOfNevermore chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
And so you are added to my Favorite Authors and my Author Alert. I really do love your Prussia, I really do, you characterize him wonderfully. One thing that I absolutely love about your writing is your attention to historical detail, which makes the stories feel incredibly realistic. It blends the lines of reality and fiction so much that you get lost in it, believing that this relationship did actually exist, in a way. I love Gilbert's and Fritz's changing relationship over the years, it was extremely beautiful and gave great depth to the story. I also love your style and format of how you wrote this, it really set the tone and feeling of the story. Thank you so, so, so so incredibly awesomely much for writing!
drcalvin chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
*sniffle* That was a lovely story. I always like historical fics that tie together what actually happened with Hetalia canon. You did a great job, Prussia's personality shines through and all the historical events work really well

And the relationship between Prussia and Fritz is quite lovely
KitakLaw chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
I really, really enjoyed reading this story. One of my friends recommended it to me, and I'm glad she did.

Anyway, I like how you showed the evolution of Gilbert's friendship with Fritz. It added a lot of depth to the story, and also allowed me to see a different side to the characters than I might have otherwise.
Fire-Chan9490 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Oh my gosh. The brilliance of this is ridiculous. All the history, and the beginning and then the end and and and... I don't even know. Thank you so much for being awesome.
Stormy-chan59 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Awesome, I love it! The relationship with Prussia and his king is portrayed beautifully, really. Thanks for this amazing piece of work.

Also I think it is great that you covered the history of Prussia and Old Fritz over the years and included the most important aspects.

Once again thank you!

-Stormy
Tanoshimi chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Amazing (awesome,if you will)! I haven't read a fanfiction with such a perfect blend of characterization and history in a long time. You do Prussia proud. :)
raecat chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Very beautiful. I love Fritz and Prussia, and your story was so right on. It was nice to see Prussia so devoted to his King and vice versa (with or without the romance aspect). I cried at the end.
BlackElement7 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Oh, gods, that was amazing. I love all the history and the Prussia and the Old Fritz and and and-

Great job!