Reviews for Hunters and Prey
coralynne chapter 1 . 9/17
I don't even know how to say. I think all the things that makes this story (and all the other ones) great have been expressed enough. All I can say is thank you. Thank you for letting me live in this world a while longer. I needed it.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 20 . 4/22
This reminds me, you never finished the story about how Fenella broke into the Ministry. So cruel! Of course, the other stories you've been working on instead are all excellent, so I can't complain too much.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 21 . 4/22
I love just how competent and well-connected the DA turned out to be.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 19 . 4/22
I love how Harry still uses Expelliarmus as his spell of choice, while all the other Aurors used Stupefy. And it's great getting to see Ron have a moment to shine. That happens far too infrequently, especially in fanfiction.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 17 . 4/22
Luna was awesome, as usual. I love how Ginny had complete trust that Harry would get in there somehow, but as it often turns out, it was really one of his friends who figured out how to do it.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 4 . 4/22
I love Harry's sarcasm at the end there. Just wonderful.
peps281 chapter 21 . 4/16
THis story was fantastic! And I cannot wait to read the follow up :) I also really like your characterization of Lavender Brown - I always felt there was more to her than meets the eye.
Ghost chapter 16 . 1/5
Nice twist there. Masterfully done
Teneombre chapter 21 . 9/4/2015
Like the others long story you write, it's was a HP style. my only regrets, it's the mess with chapter. I haven't anything against alternance between chapter past ans present but it doesn't fit really well with HP. By the way, it's only my opinion and you are the writer

top story chapter 4 . 8/30/2015
Magical People Alcohol Quidditch Final Hell of the fans
Guest chapter 3 . 8/29/2015
Found a continuity error here: Goyle is referred to here as "the murderer" when this information isn't revealed until the last chapter. Also, if they don't know Goyle has done anything at this point, why is he on the wanted list?
Guest chapter 17 . 8/20/2015
Wow, this is chaos! One of your best.
Master Slytherin chapter 21 . 8/2/2015
This story is so well-plotted and well-executed that, taking out references to Rowling's world, you could publish it in its own right.

Firstly, the characterisation. Each and every character, no matter how minor, leaps off the page and really feels real. Each one has their own ticks and redeeming qualities. Just one example: the fleeting reference to Terry having stuttering issues and having undergone speech lessons. Subtle and very well-executed. It's testament to your ability that the OCs and pseudo-OCs (Susan, Terry etc) are the stronger characters.

Next, the vivid imagery. Again, it's subtle, but the way you weave the descriptions in is masterful. Every word is carefully chosen and the reader can immediately absorb themselves into the world with all their senses. Taking nothing away from Drakeshaugh, but the way you craft language in this story feels so much like a natural progression from Drakeshaugh that it's hard to believe that you wrote the two stories contemporaneously.

I think my favourite aspect is the attention to detail. It's very clear that a lot of planning is behind the story and, for many characters, what we're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. Moreover, every scene is important in driving the story forward.

My only minor criticism is that Hermione is a little bit two-dimensional. We see very little of the compassionate Hermione that was there for Harry at Godric's Hollow; it's mostly early-series Hermione who knows it all, but struggles with human interaction. The only reason why it stands out is that all your other characters are incredibly written (including Harry and Luna, who are so rarely written well).

On to Friends and Foes!
BeckNiece chapter 4 . 7/11/2015
Love Harry's sarcasm when dealing with Tavistock.
Clell65619 chapter 21 . 7/9/2015
Yet another magnificent story. You've taken characters that were little more than names and house affilliations in the books and turned them into fully fleshed out individuals.

I, for one, never pictured Terry Boot as your quiet 'Big Terry', not for an instant, but now I find that's my go to mental image of the character when he shows up in other fics...

Your serious, driven, rule following Susan Bones makes sense given her Aunt, but I'd always pictured her as something like the bubbly young woman who played Lavender in the movies.

And of course, your most drastic variation from Fanon is your something less than attractive Daphne Greengrass.

wonderful work, and I'm moving on to the next story.