Reviews for Hunters and Prey
lemondrizzlecake chapter 1 . 5/9
From the first chapter I already know this will be a good story. Loved the background on the Weasleys and Ron helping George transition into better business. Going straight to the next chapter!
Guest chapter 20 . 10/22/2019
Kingsley’s comment in this chapter should be changed to “your brother’s husband” to fit in with gaheris’ story in strangers at drakeshaugh.
Guest chapter 21 . 10/21/2019
This is my very favourite of all your stories.
bcincb23 chapter 21 . 6/17/2019
That was terrible - I've failed to get on with other things yet again because I was so engrossed in such a fantastic story I couldn't put it down! I'd put off reading it because I knew it would take so long to get through, but I'm glad I did eventually start... and finish.

But seriously, the suspense was there right from the start, and I think telling different parts of the storyline in parallel worked really well, even though at first it was slightly confusing. I wondered about Ginny's very odd behaviour, and suspected something was going on, and hoped it wasn't simply she was missing Harry so much she needed to get drunk to forget. Harry obviously did suspect something, and I really loved the way they got back together with Ginny's real feelings fighting - and beating - the thoughts that had been planted in her head. I also liked the way Harry is bringing in changes to the way the Auror Office works, even though he's not been there five minutes! And I had to smile at your choice of names for new characters: I'd already come across Edmund Byers, but now we have Clara Vale (a village near Wylam in the Tyne Valley and destination of a bus route I once used to catch occasionally in the 1980s). Have I missed any others, I wonder?

Of those fanfics I've read, I think this is one of the best - lots of thinking outside the box, but within the confines of your Potter Universe, which doesn't disagree with JKR's. Great stuff!
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 8 . 5/10/2019
I have tried to enjoy the story but I cannot stand how every other chapter is a different timeline. I know lots of other people have said that they liked it that way but it just aggravates me, so I think I’m going to just stop.
ababcd chapter 21 . 2/5/2019
Great story. It is very well written, I especially liked how the chapters jumped between different times. It is good to see that more than a handful of characters have a meaningful backstory, it really contributed to the overall impression I got. Most of all I enjoyed the relationship between Harry and Ginny: it is not always easy, but they work together
Bizzy247 chapter 21 . 11/8/2018
I'm so glad to finally find this latchkey story amongst your universe! very well done. Can't wait for Friends and Foes to finish!
Bizzy247 chapter 21 . 11/8/2018
Guest chapter 2 . 9/17/2018
I think this is top five of your stories
Kika - Chan.5 chapter 21 . 5/4/2018
This fic is amazing.
Just William chapter 21 . 4/19/2018
Excellent, well written story, obviously using "local" geographic knowledge for the location of this story.
Just William chapter 2 . 4/17/2018
"An unreal monochrome look" - good description of the Newcastle kit.
Guest chapter 21 . 4/14/2018
Ape ta had as always. I spent se real days reading this through. This is one of the best Harry Potter fanfic in existence.

For someone who is such a superior writer though you are surprising weak on titles.

Why isn't this called: Harry Potter and the Shivering Stone or Harry Potter and the Encounter at Bloody or Harry Potter and the Werewolf Healer or Harry Potter & Operation Werewolf Hunter or Harry Potter and The Children of Jewels or All Auror Alert! Or any number of better titles.
lizzzsunshine chapter 19 . 12/4/2017
Oh my god. You really kept us on edge in this chapter. I was so certain Dacia was dead!
coki83 chapter 1 . 10/14/2017
Just realised that Jack and Jane Wake are Jacqui Charltons parents! I love all these little intricacies! Xox