Reviews for Hunters and Prey
David Fishwick chapter 21 . 18h
Brilliant idea and thanks for writing as I enjoyed reading this story.
deeforthewin chapter 9 . 10/27
You really write brilliantly. I know people have a problem with the time jumps but I thought you handled it really well. It made for a very interesting perspective.
deeforthewin chapter 6 . 10/27
Oh I love protective older brother Ron. He always did take his duties seriously, usually placing Ginny before Harry. I wish Ginny knew how lucky she was.
deeforthewin chapter 4 . 10/27
I really do love when Harry puts his foot down when it comes to some of Ginny's more unforgivable actions. I see a lot of stories where they completely gloss over some of the more outrageous things she does, because she's supposed to be fiery or saucy, but it truly is nice to see that you drew a line here with yours.

Oh, and I also must say, that I was very pleasantly surprised in in one of your other stories, where Ginny was goading Ron and Harry stepped in to say enough. I thought that was very fair of him, and I was just happy to see that his friendship with Ron was as solid as ever, and had not taken a backseat to his relationship with Ginny. Their friendship was one of the biggest joys of reading the books.
deeforthewin chapter 3 . 10/27
I kinda like the idea of everyone else having a bit of money and not just Harry. It got old really fast, and made Harry very unrelateable. I also love that you name your wines and food!
deeforthewin chapter 1 . 10/27
Harry started off being the one person whose perspective I was most interested in, but as I got older, it switched to Ron.

This first chapter was intriguing and I loved the elaboration on how Ron had such a huge hand in bringing WWW back from bankruptcy, as well as taking over the debt owed to Harry. It was really a very strategic move. Also, how you wrote Ron staring at photographs and Harry staring at The List, is a subtle yet brilliant analogy to their personalities and focus in life. Lovely.
hsjalfivo chapter 17 . 10/13
i normally love your books but this one was frustrating to read. i understand that switching the storyline’s is used to capture the audience, but i was confused at times and felt like skipping several chapters. some chapters were unnecessary or slightly boring and i was skipping often. i really do like your stories normally though so i feel horrible writing this!
lemondrizzlecake chapter 1 . 5/9
From the first chapter I already know this will be a good story. Loved the background on the Weasleys and Ron helping George transition into better business. Going straight to the next chapter!
Guest chapter 20 . 10/22/2019
Kingsley’s comment in this chapter should be changed to “your brother’s husband” to fit in with gaheris’ story in strangers at drakeshaugh.
Guest chapter 21 . 10/21/2019
This is my very favourite of all your stories.
bcincb23 chapter 21 . 6/17/2019
That was terrible - I've failed to get on with other things yet again because I was so engrossed in such a fantastic story I couldn't put it down! I'd put off reading it because I knew it would take so long to get through, but I'm glad I did eventually start... and finish.

But seriously, the suspense was there right from the start, and I think telling different parts of the storyline in parallel worked really well, even though at first it was slightly confusing. I wondered about Ginny's very odd behaviour, and suspected something was going on, and hoped it wasn't simply she was missing Harry so much she needed to get drunk to forget. Harry obviously did suspect something, and I really loved the way they got back together with Ginny's real feelings fighting - and beating - the thoughts that had been planted in her head. I also liked the way Harry is bringing in changes to the way the Auror Office works, even though he's not been there five minutes! And I had to smile at your choice of names for new characters: I'd already come across Edmund Byers, but now we have Clara Vale (a village near Wylam in the Tyne Valley and destination of a bus route I once used to catch occasionally in the 1980s). Have I missed any others, I wonder?

Of those fanfics I've read, I think this is one of the best - lots of thinking outside the box, but within the confines of your Potter Universe, which doesn't disagree with JKR's. Great stuff!
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 8 . 5/10/2019
I have tried to enjoy the story but I cannot stand how every other chapter is a different timeline. I know lots of other people have said that they liked it that way but it just aggravates me, so I think I’m going to just stop.
ababcd chapter 21 . 2/5/2019
Great story. It is very well written, I especially liked how the chapters jumped between different times. It is good to see that more than a handful of characters have a meaningful backstory, it really contributed to the overall impression I got. Most of all I enjoyed the relationship between Harry and Ginny: it is not always easy, but they work together
Bizzy247 chapter 21 . 11/8/2018
I'm so glad to finally find this latchkey story amongst your universe! very well done. Can't wait for Friends and Foes to finish!
Bizzy247 chapter 21 . 11/8/2018