Reviews for Hunters and Prey
katesari chapter 21 . 3/30/2014
I really enjoyed reading this!
Started friends and foes, and hope to see updates there in the future!
Bye
Brooke chapter 21 . 3/8/2014
I just wanted to thank you. I've started writing some Harry Potter fanfiction, but I haven't got a fanfiction account yet. When I first started writing them, I didn't think at all about how the Wizarding World would have changed since the Battle, apart from werewolf and house elf rights, or what new inventions people might make. This story, with your Portcuffs and the archway at the Ministry, and the two-way mirrors, have inspired me to think about this, which I think will make my fanfictions better, and maybe even inspire some more stories. Thank you so much, and keep writing, because your stories are great.
kail420 chapter 21 . 2/27/2014
great characterisation, great narrative, overall awesome story.
polrobin chapter 21 . 2/18/2014
This was terrifically written. I cannot wait for the sequel to be finished. Well done.
Guest chapter 21 . 2/14/2014
i am so glad you finally finished this story. you are such a great writer and it felt like i had been waiting forever for it! i can't wait for your next one
lalachoa chapter 21 . 1/18/2014
Finally got to finish this. I was initially confused with the story as it went back and forth between Ginny and the werewolves. I stopped reading the unfinished story for a while. It is in fact a great story. And the confusion was all in my head. Never read a complex storyline with a distracted mind :p. I always look forward to reading a great story from you. And you have yet to disappoint me. Did I ever tell you that this is a great series? If you ever compile this into a ebook, I'll be in line to get a copy and re-read everything in the correct sequence.
keeptheotherone chapter 21 . 1/17/2014
Hurray, no more Tavistock! I love the ease Harry and Ginny have with each other; it's very reminiscent of their canon relationship at Hogwarts. Terry's an observant bloke, questioning Harry's loyalty to the Aurors. It's a good question, I think-not that Harry is disloyal, but for someone who doesn't know him super-well, he could appear that way. Do I detect a little Terry/Fenella foreshadowing?

I have to say I was intrigued at the purpose of this gathering and trying without success to imagine the connection between everyone present. Dennis and George's friendship was an enjoyable surprise, and goodness-Hogwarts with no Weasleys and no Harry must be quiet indeed. Oh, I'm so glad Ron and Hermione agree on him staying-I couldn't have stood an argument between them on such a subject. George's avoidance of Angelina-it's tiny details like that, a single exchange that seems irrelevant, that do so much to tie stories together, and you're a master of them. Again, I enjoyed the planning and brainstorming here to make the hunt for Colin's killer a more effective and successful one ... and now I'm off to read that!

Thanks very much for a great read!
keeptheotherone chapter 20 . 1/17/2014
In line with my last review, Robards and Harry's argument is brilliant. I felt sympathy for Robards when I realized why he was upset; great character motivation there. It really humanized him and also brought home a war that we (and Harry) don't remember. And Robards showed he is a good leader by admitting procedures need to be revised, even if he's not ready to accept Harry's suggestions. Loved the insider knowledge Harry had of beef stifado and Ron not coming home :) Good for Neville, realizing he could talk to Hannah. They're going to make it work. Kreacher is great, especially "the Molly." Pansy and Theo are creepy (she made me want to throw up a little, to be honest-such a vast contrast to the strong females in this story)-I'm assuming that was deliberate, and it's well done. So are all the little details and exchanges with Ginny and Molly, and Arthur's advice, especially the way he worded it to make it more ... palatable. Such wisdom not just in his words, but in their delivery. *solemnly* I would be afraid of Molly Weasley with a wooden spatula. Or anything, really.

Good on Mark for not standing Cara up. Harry describing Darcia as a Healer, and his general demeanor, was wonderful. And now I'm stuck on the tantalizing idea of (mutually consensual) Legillimency during intimacy...
keeptheotherone chapter 19 . 1/17/2014
I too was wondering where all the Aurors were! Dacia's panic, her unfamiliarity with magic, her horror at the never-ending violence say a lot about what her life has been like. It is weird that Fenella came with them-makes me wonder if she's going to turn traitor... The familiarity of the insults between Lestrange and the Aurors, especially Robards, was a great touch and reminiscent of cop shows everywhere (I presume, given our separate locales and mutual recognition of the technique). I love that Ron was the one to rescue Amber, and that he did so with cleverness rather than strength. I liked the anti-Apparition charm described as "treacly" and "sticky"-that was very vivid. Ah, so that's why Harry appeared to throw his wand away!

I loved, loved, loved Dacia's scathing comments about no Healer-one of those things that's soo obvious in hindsight, and again, reflects changes to the Auror Department I know Harry will implement. Seriously, those policy things (and Harry's professional growth, and flaws like him not being able to make a Portkey) really have been one of the most enjoyable things about this story. And I like how this successful mission actually turned into a mess. What fabulous fodder for bureaucratic change :D
keeptheotherone chapter 18 . 1/17/2014
As you've probably guessed by now, I cheated and read straight through to the end. But I'm back! I'm too much of a Hermione not to do my homework ;)

Lavender, Lavender, Lavender ... I can't decide if my favorite line of hers here is about not biting anyone, or about Harry's faults, or about being part of the Potter/Weasley romance ;) Another favorite line: "perfidious duplicity of those damnable Malfoys." It just has so many syllables to pour your hate into. Lestrange's thoughts on Bletchley's lack of blood purity are very telling. /Very/ nice use of Muggle science with the spell hitting him before he heard Lavender's incantation. I enjoyed the new POVs in this chapter.
potterwatch97 chapter 4 . 1/13/2014
The amount of sarcastic!Harry in this chapter though.. I can't even... Lol
Guest chapter 21 . 1/6/2014
This story was fantastic, this epilogue was great, and it keeps us wanting more. Fortunately you have already began the sequel. Thanks for theses treats you give us. This epilogue was great.
Guest chapter 20 . 1/6/2014
A remarkable chapter. Your dialogs are superb. We can see all the complexities of the characters through them, particularly the first one, with Harry and Robard (and later the things Shacklebolt add) and the last one, Harry and Ginny's. Keep your good work.
Slaidback chapter 21 . 1/6/2014
Awesome! Thanks.
keeptheotherone chapter 17 . 1/4/2014
Oh, that whole thing between not-Ginny and Harry was just tortuous. I felt so bad for both of them. I loved the magic in this chapter, especially that Harry's and Ginny's phoenixes have changed to match :) Luna was fabulous :D
293 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »