Reviews for Hunters and Prey
Guest chapter 17 . 8/20/2015
Wow, this is chaos! One of your best.
Master Slytherin chapter 21 . 8/2/2015
This story is so well-plotted and well-executed that, taking out references to Rowling's world, you could publish it in its own right.

Firstly, the characterisation. Each and every character, no matter how minor, leaps off the page and really feels real. Each one has their own ticks and redeeming qualities. Just one example: the fleeting reference to Terry having stuttering issues and having undergone speech lessons. Subtle and very well-executed. It's testament to your ability that the OCs and pseudo-OCs (Susan, Terry etc) are the stronger characters.

Next, the vivid imagery. Again, it's subtle, but the way you weave the descriptions in is masterful. Every word is carefully chosen and the reader can immediately absorb themselves into the world with all their senses. Taking nothing away from Drakeshaugh, but the way you craft language in this story feels so much like a natural progression from Drakeshaugh that it's hard to believe that you wrote the two stories contemporaneously.

I think my favourite aspect is the attention to detail. It's very clear that a lot of planning is behind the story and, for many characters, what we're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. Moreover, every scene is important in driving the story forward.

My only minor criticism is that Hermione is a little bit two-dimensional. We see very little of the compassionate Hermione that was there for Harry at Godric's Hollow; it's mostly early-series Hermione who knows it all, but struggles with human interaction. The only reason why it stands out is that all your other characters are incredibly written (including Harry and Luna, who are so rarely written well).

On to Friends and Foes!
BeckNiece chapter 4 . 7/11/2015
Love Harry's sarcasm when dealing with Tavistock.
Clell65619 chapter 21 . 7/9/2015
Yet another magnificent story. You've taken characters that were little more than names and house affilliations in the books and turned them into fully fleshed out individuals.

I, for one, never pictured Terry Boot as your quiet 'Big Terry', not for an instant, but now I find that's my go to mental image of the character when he shows up in other fics...

Your serious, driven, rule following Susan Bones makes sense given her Aunt, but I'd always pictured her as something like the bubbly young woman who played Lavender in the movies.

And of course, your most drastic variation from Fanon is your something less than attractive Daphne Greengrass.

wonderful work, and I'm moving on to the next story.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
Love your work! Can you update your bio with your new stories soon? Thanks!
Seph6 chapter 21 . 4/15/2015
That was an amazing story! I liked how you distributed it in two sub-stories. It was very well done. I think that this was one of your best stories, if not the best. Thanks for it!
The only point that I would have liked best was if the fights betwen couples (Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione) wasn't because of some potion. It would have been nice to if Ginny was truly responsible for what she did and then start to heal her relationship with Harry. Did you ever did a story where they fight?
Roth9 chapter 17 . 4/3/2015
So Ginny snogged another man. Is it just me, or it looks that you want to make a unfaithful Ginny? After all, in your stories, she already kissed Neville, was groped by Dean, was almost kissed by Blaise, and almost every male wants her. In Harry's case, i can't remember things like that ever happening with him.
poetrywoman chapter 21 . 2/20/2015
Really enjoying your writing! Excited to see what happens next.
Becky chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
I reviewed Grave Days and like with that one, I love that your stuff is cannon and I really enjoyed Grave Days, but I must say, this was excellent. I also like all the short stories as well. Really, really good!

Thank you.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/11/2014
I don't believe you've done a story about the Greek trip. Also, the Mr.'s Church and Temple that Rabastan mentioned seem like interesting potential villains.
memnarch chapter 8 . 10/4/2014
Wow, Hermione has the worst luck with bosses doesn't she? The first one tries to kill her the next one's a smarmy git...
Hamilton chapter 21 . 9/21/2014
Great story! Still wondering though: as a child, Jane Wake saw the third Shivering Stone. Is she a witch?
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose chapter 21 . 6/27/2014
I have one word that describes this story perfectly, WOW! That was intense,, and I loved every bit of it...

Well maybe not exactly every bit, I have to admit that I didn't like Ginny's drunken behavior. But now that is all explained I don't mind it so much, it is a great plot device. I really like how you write Harry and Ginny's relationship, it is way more realistic than how most people write them. Though, I, have one pet peeve towards it now, I have recently discovered (sort of, I didn't actually go back through the book and remembered - I have mimerized enough that I know I'm righ, and don't need, but I could if anyone wants proof) that Harry did not ignore Ginny during his second year, he did notice her and that she seemed. I distinctly remember a scene were he was thinking about how Fred an George made her go to hospital wing for a pepper-up potion. Which, by the way, also prooves that her brother's it ignore her either (barring Ron, but when you consider the fact that most boys around his try to ignore their annoying younger sia
sters anyway, it is really quite understandable, and Percy who was much too obbsessed with his own supposed apportaince and Penelope to see past his nose - I mean, come on, they only time she brought up enough courage to tell anyone her fears behind it all (which was Harry by the, and both he and Ron had actually believed she had to say was important) he just brushed her off, and forced to keep quite - so he really had no excuse at all). Didn't ignore her either. So I really don't know everyone thonks Harry ignored, becuase he clearly didn't. Besides he had knowing that anything was seriosly wrong her, Gred and Forge had tried to take care of her and help, but no one had anyway of knowing about the diary, because wasn't able to anyone. As for Dumbledore noticing, why on Earth would he? She's not Harry, someone he spends a fair bit of time watching. she is just another, seemingly ordinary student. The he had no cause for concern until the chamber was opened, at which point on top his regular ennumeruse duties, he had to with the Mynistry, keeping the students calm, the school running the board of govenors, and who knows what else. Close examination of the first years was not on the top of his list. After all he is not perfect.

Ooops, this really has very little to do with you story, for which I most scincerily appologize. I also appologise for my rambling rant, the disjointedness, poor spag, and anythin else that might be messed up with it. I can really offer by way of excuse, the fact that I am way to tired for me own good, and that I really need stop writing reviews when I am so tired as they always end up like this. oh, and I am writing on a tablet, which because I cannot easily fix errors I miss, is probably making it allvthe worse..

Well best be signing now before get started rambling again. Great story, lokking foward to reading your others!
Amy chapter 21 . 6/22/2014
I hate you...you write so well with a plot so intriguing that I lost two days worth of sleep and two days worth of work to read this story.

Being the martyr I am, I wish you all the best and hope you write lots and lots. ;)

Cheers!