Reviews for Hunters and Prey
Ghost chapter 16 . 1/5/2016
Nice twist there. Masterfully done
Teneombre chapter 21 . 9/4/2015
Like the others long story you write, it's was a HP style. my only regrets, it's the mess with chapter. I haven't anything against alternance between chapter past ans present but it doesn't fit really well with HP. By the way, it's only my opinion and you are the writer

catly

ten
top story chapter 4 . 8/30/2015
Magical People Alcohol Quidditch Final Hell of the fans
Guest chapter 3 . 8/29/2015
Found a continuity error here: Goyle is referred to here as "the murderer" when this information isn't revealed until the last chapter. Also, if they don't know Goyle has done anything at this point, why is he on the wanted list?
Guest chapter 17 . 8/20/2015
Wow, this is chaos! One of your best.
Master Slytherin chapter 21 . 8/2/2015
This story is so well-plotted and well-executed that, taking out references to Rowling's world, you could publish it in its own right.

Firstly, the characterisation. Each and every character, no matter how minor, leaps off the page and really feels real. Each one has their own ticks and redeeming qualities. Just one example: the fleeting reference to Terry having stuttering issues and having undergone speech lessons. Subtle and very well-executed. It's testament to your ability that the OCs and pseudo-OCs (Susan, Terry etc) are the stronger characters.

Next, the vivid imagery. Again, it's subtle, but the way you weave the descriptions in is masterful. Every word is carefully chosen and the reader can immediately absorb themselves into the world with all their senses. Taking nothing away from Drakeshaugh, but the way you craft language in this story feels so much like a natural progression from Drakeshaugh that it's hard to believe that you wrote the two stories contemporaneously.

I think my favourite aspect is the attention to detail. It's very clear that a lot of planning is behind the story and, for many characters, what we're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. Moreover, every scene is important in driving the story forward.

My only minor criticism is that Hermione is a little bit two-dimensional. We see very little of the compassionate Hermione that was there for Harry at Godric's Hollow; it's mostly early-series Hermione who knows it all, but struggles with human interaction. The only reason why it stands out is that all your other characters are incredibly written (including Harry and Luna, who are so rarely written well).

On to Friends and Foes!
BeckNiece chapter 4 . 7/11/2015
Love Harry's sarcasm when dealing with Tavistock.
Clell65619 chapter 21 . 7/9/2015
Yet another magnificent story. You've taken characters that were little more than names and house affilliations in the books and turned them into fully fleshed out individuals.

I, for one, never pictured Terry Boot as your quiet 'Big Terry', not for an instant, but now I find that's my go to mental image of the character when he shows up in other fics...

Your serious, driven, rule following Susan Bones makes sense given her Aunt, but I'd always pictured her as something like the bubbly young woman who played Lavender in the movies.

And of course, your most drastic variation from Fanon is your something less than attractive Daphne Greengrass.

wonderful work, and I'm moving on to the next story.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
Love your work! Can you update your bio with your new stories soon? Thanks!
Seph6 chapter 21 . 4/15/2015
That was an amazing story! I liked how you distributed it in two sub-stories. It was very well done. I think that this was one of your best stories, if not the best. Thanks for it!
The only point that I would have liked best was if the fights betwen couples (Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione) wasn't because of some potion. It would have been nice to if Ginny was truly responsible for what she did and then start to heal her relationship with Harry. Did you ever did a story where they fight?
Roth9 chapter 17 . 4/3/2015
So Ginny snogged another man. Is it just me, or it looks that you want to make a unfaithful Ginny? After all, in your stories, she already kissed Neville, was groped by Dean, was almost kissed by Blaise, and almost every male wants her. In Harry's case, i can't remember things like that ever happening with him.
poetrywoman chapter 21 . 2/20/2015
Really enjoying your writing! Excited to see what happens next.
Becky chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
I reviewed Grave Days and like with that one, I love that your stuff is cannon and I really enjoyed Grave Days, but I must say, this was excellent. I also like all the short stories as well. Really, really good!

Thank you.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/11/2014
I don't believe you've done a story about the Greek trip. Also, the Mr.'s Church and Temple that Rabastan mentioned seem like interesting potential villains.
memnarch chapter 8 . 10/4/2014
Wow, Hermione has the worst luck with bosses doesn't she? The first one tries to kill her the next one's a smarmy git...
334 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »