Reviews for Hunters and Prey
Guest chapter 20 . 1/6/2014
A remarkable chapter. Your dialogs are superb. We can see all the complexities of the characters through them, particularly the first one, with Harry and Robard (and later the things Shacklebolt add) and the last one, Harry and Ginny's. Keep your good work.
Slaidback chapter 21 . 1/6/2014
Awesome! Thanks.
keeptheotherone chapter 17 . 1/4/2014
Oh, that whole thing between not-Ginny and Harry was just tortuous. I felt so bad for both of them. I loved the magic in this chapter, especially that Harry's and Ginny's phoenixes have changed to match :) Luna was fabulous :D
keeptheotherone chapter 16 . 1/4/2014
I loved the description of the Welsh Ministry and what great foreshadowing with Mark trying to pull his ID out of his frayed pocket-a very clever way to get him to the werewolf village. I have always loved (and been desperately jealous of the ingeniousness of) the Auror card Portkeys. I have really enjoyed seeing the ideas for and development of some of the Auror procedures you've used in other stories that are set later. But the best part of this chapter is the very end, with Mark and Lavender :)
keeptheotherone chapter 15 . 1/4/2014
No! Not Hamish! *clicks next*
keeptheotherone chapter 14 . 1/4/2014
Twists and turns and twists some more! You've done a brilliant job with plot in this story. My favorite thing in this chapter is Harry's descriptions of Ron and Hermione, especially "... they were also exuding an intense after-argument aura."
keeptheotherone chapter 13 . 1/4/2014
I really liked Harry's introspection at the beginning as he's learning to learn from his mistakes, and I've always liked your Lavender. She's so much more interesting :) Dacia is sharp; she would be a great addition wherever she wanted to work. Just another example of the ridiculousness of prejudice.
keeptheotherone chapter 12 . 1/3/2014
Ah, it's all coming together now with leads on the missing wanted. Poor Ginny; I knew she was going to feel bad when she realized what she'd done. Loved Harry's hesitation when he realized the real Ginny was back and that meant answering her questions :) I like Fenella. She may be shy, but she's not afraid to correct Harry. I do not envy Jenkins now that Hermione knows how he interfered. Good for Olivia for telling the truth; Ginny is exactly right, Tavistock is protecting the team's interests, not the players'.
keeptheotherone chapter 10 . 1/3/2014
Romilda Vane is one of those girls you love to hate. LOL, Neville had *three* blondes potentially available? LOVE the OMIs-very clever. Holy cow, Hermione did a Fidelius? Ron's reaction to Hermione seeing Lavender was hilarious (and accurate, I'm sure).

I really liked seeing Neville and Hannah together; their initial insecurity and then reassuring the other is very sweet. I especially liked how Hannah didn't let Hermione ruffle her.
keeptheotherone chapter 9 . 1/3/2014
So that's how Lavender got involved! Ugh, the hunt and especially what happened to Wulfric and his baby is horrid. I especially liked Dacia's line about Harry thinking since he killed Voldemort, everything was fine.
keeptheotherone chapter 8 . 1/3/2014
This reminds me of that moment in HBP when Harry finds out Hermione's going to Slughorn's party with Cormac: "Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge." (or something to that effect). Most of the time Ron is adorably clueless, but that was just stupid. And at a Ministry reception? Are you sure *everyone's* pumpkin juice hasn't been spiked?
keeptheotherone chapter 6 . 1/3/2014
Oh, dear, I felt so bad for Harry here, now that he's dealing with the consequences of his actions and Ginny's behavior is more sympathetic. It would be very, very difficult to leave her in that cell knowing you put her there. All the supporting cast are great-you do such a good job with OCs in general and minor characters in particular. Ron and Hermione ... really guys? And as proof that Ron is totally addled without her, he thinks Harry gave Ginny a busted nose.
keeptheotherone chapter 5 . 1/3/2014
I get the sense you love your homeland-this entire chapter is delightfully descriptive, but the first few paragraphs especially. I was curious about where you could walk north to England from Scotland and googled Kirk Yetholm; the countryside is beautiful and charming.

Hermione would be delighted to know Harry finally read "A History of Magic." The gibbet with a wooden head was spooky, and I'm so curious about Jane and her glimpse of the third stone. Her daughter Annie ... that wouldn't by any chance be Annie Charlton's ... wait, that's her aunt! Sorry, it is really late here, but I'm with you now. Harry's realization that he was no longer used to being alone was bittersweet; I was thinking the same thing at his excitement about company. I liked Mrs. Wake described as a "frighteningly skillful interrogator." Loved Harry and Hermione's reasons for choosing a civil servant as a Muggle cover :D Lynette is lying, or at least embellishing to stir up trouble. Your description of Harry's meal in the tent was great-he's a decent cook but still with that no-frills practicality common to men. A girl would have served herself on a plate at the table ;)
keeptheotherone chapter 4 . 1/3/2014
First of all, that was not Ginny. I'm not sure what was in that Firewhiskey, but she's not mean for no reason and she wouldn't hex kids. I kept waiting for Harry to realize that, but *sigh* he's always been a little slow on the uptake. I loved the girls' nicknames, Harry and Ginny's bastard/orphan argument, and his experimental use of "Ginevra." Tavistock is an idiot, threatening Harry with bad press and an enemy; Harry's responses made me laugh. And finally, I loved Harry throughout this chapter: his toughness, his mastery of the situation (no hesitation or wondering what would be best), his magical power (especially a shield charm that's so strong he can ignore violent people trying to break it), his determination to do follow procedure and the law (even with Ginny), his distress over fighting with her, his guilt about making her cry, his continued attraction to her, his respect for the other lawmen, the way he didn't argue with the drunks who wouldn't give their proper names, his ruthlessness in choosing dates for the summons and recommending a match ban ... I could go on, but I think you get my point. Great characterization :)
keeptheotherone chapter 3 . 1/3/2014
Interesting set-up. I like seeing the beginning of the Portcards and especially Robards thoughts on the changes introduced by his young staff. Oh, now I'm dying to know who is who in that list of people Harry can reach with his DA galleon! I've guessed some, but others remain a mystery...

Now, wait a minute. "Whatever the cost" and being "very careful" are mutually exclusive, Harry.
296 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »