Reviews for Hunters and Prey
keeptheotherone chapter 19 . 1/17/2014
I too was wondering where all the Aurors were! Dacia's panic, her unfamiliarity with magic, her horror at the never-ending violence say a lot about what her life has been like. It is weird that Fenella came with them-makes me wonder if she's going to turn traitor... The familiarity of the insults between Lestrange and the Aurors, especially Robards, was a great touch and reminiscent of cop shows everywhere (I presume, given our separate locales and mutual recognition of the technique). I love that Ron was the one to rescue Amber, and that he did so with cleverness rather than strength. I liked the anti-Apparition charm described as "treacly" and "sticky"-that was very vivid. Ah, so that's why Harry appeared to throw his wand away!

I loved, loved, loved Dacia's scathing comments about no Healer-one of those things that's soo obvious in hindsight, and again, reflects changes to the Auror Department I know Harry will implement. Seriously, those policy things (and Harry's professional growth, and flaws like him not being able to make a Portkey) really have been one of the most enjoyable things about this story. And I like how this successful mission actually turned into a mess. What fabulous fodder for bureaucratic change :D
keeptheotherone chapter 18 . 1/17/2014
As you've probably guessed by now, I cheated and read straight through to the end. But I'm back! I'm too much of a Hermione not to do my homework ;)

Lavender, Lavender, Lavender ... I can't decide if my favorite line of hers here is about not biting anyone, or about Harry's faults, or about being part of the Potter/Weasley romance ;) Another favorite line: "perfidious duplicity of those damnable Malfoys." It just has so many syllables to pour your hate into. Lestrange's thoughts on Bletchley's lack of blood purity are very telling. /Very/ nice use of Muggle science with the spell hitting him before he heard Lavender's incantation. I enjoyed the new POVs in this chapter.
potterwatch97 chapter 4 . 1/13/2014
The amount of sarcastic!Harry in this chapter though.. I can't even... Lol
Guest chapter 21 . 1/6/2014
This story was fantastic, this epilogue was great, and it keeps us wanting more. Fortunately you have already began the sequel. Thanks for theses treats you give us. This epilogue was great.
Guest chapter 20 . 1/6/2014
A remarkable chapter. Your dialogs are superb. We can see all the complexities of the characters through them, particularly the first one, with Harry and Robard (and later the things Shacklebolt add) and the last one, Harry and Ginny's. Keep your good work.
Slaidback chapter 21 . 1/6/2014
Awesome! Thanks.
keeptheotherone chapter 17 . 1/4/2014
Oh, that whole thing between not-Ginny and Harry was just tortuous. I felt so bad for both of them. I loved the magic in this chapter, especially that Harry's and Ginny's phoenixes have changed to match :) Luna was fabulous :D
keeptheotherone chapter 16 . 1/4/2014
I loved the description of the Welsh Ministry and what great foreshadowing with Mark trying to pull his ID out of his frayed pocket-a very clever way to get him to the werewolf village. I have always loved (and been desperately jealous of the ingeniousness of) the Auror card Portkeys. I have really enjoyed seeing the ideas for and development of some of the Auror procedures you've used in other stories that are set later. But the best part of this chapter is the very end, with Mark and Lavender :)
keeptheotherone chapter 15 . 1/4/2014
No! Not Hamish! *clicks next*
keeptheotherone chapter 14 . 1/4/2014
Twists and turns and twists some more! You've done a brilliant job with plot in this story. My favorite thing in this chapter is Harry's descriptions of Ron and Hermione, especially "... they were also exuding an intense after-argument aura."
keeptheotherone chapter 13 . 1/4/2014
I really liked Harry's introspection at the beginning as he's learning to learn from his mistakes, and I've always liked your Lavender. She's so much more interesting :) Dacia is sharp; she would be a great addition wherever she wanted to work. Just another example of the ridiculousness of prejudice.
keeptheotherone chapter 12 . 1/3/2014
Ah, it's all coming together now with leads on the missing wanted. Poor Ginny; I knew she was going to feel bad when she realized what she'd done. Loved Harry's hesitation when he realized the real Ginny was back and that meant answering her questions :) I like Fenella. She may be shy, but she's not afraid to correct Harry. I do not envy Jenkins now that Hermione knows how he interfered. Good for Olivia for telling the truth; Ginny is exactly right, Tavistock is protecting the team's interests, not the players'.
keeptheotherone chapter 10 . 1/3/2014
Romilda Vane is one of those girls you love to hate. LOL, Neville had *three* blondes potentially available? LOVE the OMIs-very clever. Holy cow, Hermione did a Fidelius? Ron's reaction to Hermione seeing Lavender was hilarious (and accurate, I'm sure).

I really liked seeing Neville and Hannah together; their initial insecurity and then reassuring the other is very sweet. I especially liked how Hannah didn't let Hermione ruffle her.
keeptheotherone chapter 9 . 1/3/2014
So that's how Lavender got involved! Ugh, the hunt and especially what happened to Wulfric and his baby is horrid. I especially liked Dacia's line about Harry thinking since he killed Voldemort, everything was fine.
keeptheotherone chapter 8 . 1/3/2014
This reminds me of that moment in HBP when Harry finds out Hermione's going to Slughorn's party with Cormac: "Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge." (or something to that effect). Most of the time Ron is adorably clueless, but that was just stupid. And at a Ministry reception? Are you sure *everyone's* pumpkin juice hasn't been spiked?
315 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »