Reviews for Hunters and Prey
keeptheotherone chapter 9 . 1/3/2014
So that's how Lavender got involved! Ugh, the hunt and especially what happened to Wulfric and his baby is horrid. I especially liked Dacia's line about Harry thinking since he killed Voldemort, everything was fine.
keeptheotherone chapter 8 . 1/3/2014
This reminds me of that moment in HBP when Harry finds out Hermione's going to Slughorn's party with Cormac: "Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge." (or something to that effect). Most of the time Ron is adorably clueless, but that was just stupid. And at a Ministry reception? Are you sure *everyone's* pumpkin juice hasn't been spiked?
keeptheotherone chapter 6 . 1/3/2014
Oh, dear, I felt so bad for Harry here, now that he's dealing with the consequences of his actions and Ginny's behavior is more sympathetic. It would be very, very difficult to leave her in that cell knowing you put her there. All the supporting cast are great-you do such a good job with OCs in general and minor characters in particular. Ron and Hermione ... really guys? And as proof that Ron is totally addled without her, he thinks Harry gave Ginny a busted nose.
keeptheotherone chapter 5 . 1/3/2014
I get the sense you love your homeland-this entire chapter is delightfully descriptive, but the first few paragraphs especially. I was curious about where you could walk north to England from Scotland and googled Kirk Yetholm; the countryside is beautiful and charming.

Hermione would be delighted to know Harry finally read "A History of Magic." The gibbet with a wooden head was spooky, and I'm so curious about Jane and her glimpse of the third stone. Her daughter Annie ... that wouldn't by any chance be Annie Charlton's ... wait, that's her aunt! Sorry, it is really late here, but I'm with you now. Harry's realization that he was no longer used to being alone was bittersweet; I was thinking the same thing at his excitement about company. I liked Mrs. Wake described as a "frighteningly skillful interrogator." Loved Harry and Hermione's reasons for choosing a civil servant as a Muggle cover :D Lynette is lying, or at least embellishing to stir up trouble. Your description of Harry's meal in the tent was great-he's a decent cook but still with that no-frills practicality common to men. A girl would have served herself on a plate at the table ;)
keeptheotherone chapter 4 . 1/3/2014
First of all, that was not Ginny. I'm not sure what was in that Firewhiskey, but she's not mean for no reason and she wouldn't hex kids. I kept waiting for Harry to realize that, but *sigh* he's always been a little slow on the uptake. I loved the girls' nicknames, Harry and Ginny's bastard/orphan argument, and his experimental use of "Ginevra." Tavistock is an idiot, threatening Harry with bad press and an enemy; Harry's responses made me laugh. And finally, I loved Harry throughout this chapter: his toughness, his mastery of the situation (no hesitation or wondering what would be best), his magical power (especially a shield charm that's so strong he can ignore violent people trying to break it), his determination to do follow procedure and the law (even with Ginny), his distress over fighting with her, his guilt about making her cry, his continued attraction to her, his respect for the other lawmen, the way he didn't argue with the drunks who wouldn't give their proper names, his ruthlessness in choosing dates for the summons and recommending a match ban ... I could go on, but I think you get my point. Great characterization :)
keeptheotherone chapter 3 . 1/3/2014
Interesting set-up. I like seeing the beginning of the Portcards and especially Robards thoughts on the changes introduced by his young staff. Oh, now I'm dying to know who is who in that list of people Harry can reach with his DA galleon! I've guessed some, but others remain a mystery...

Now, wait a minute. "Whatever the cost" and being "very careful" are mutually exclusive, Harry.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
I like your use of the desk partitions to characterize Ron and Harry and show their relationships and give us an idea of the timeline. I think my favorite was Ron's thoughts on Ginny's first Harpies' photo.
Bails1115 chapter 21 . 1/2/2014
Great Story. I loved it to the end. You have a great writing style and for me have done a great job keeping the characters in the right style.
dino-usn chapter 21 . 12/31/2013
Eagerly anticipating your next body of work.
Anon chapter 21 . 12/30/2013
This has me wondering what exactly happened in Aurors and Schoolgirls. Love your stories.
Oriondruid chapter 21 . 12/30/2013
Well, you've come to the end of a fine section of your excellent 'magnum opus', and wonderful it's been too. :o)
I'm looking forward to Friends and Foes and the hunt for poor Colin's killer.
So, we've seen the 'genesis' of two future couples in this, with Terry and Fenella, as we know, taking the first steps to an 'understanding', as well as Neville and Hannah well on the way to pairing up. :o)
Gregory Goyle and his cronies will rue the day Colin was murdered, with the wrath of such a talented group of witches and wizards in dogged pursuit of them. And the Auror Office is about to finally become the force it should be, with the beginnings of the wonderful 'new magical technology' beginning to be introduced.
Can't wait for the next exciting tale in this excellent series.
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John).
Illyra chapter 21 . 12/30/2013
Thank you for this most awesome story.
I love your way of writing. How you put together all the major and minor characters, the real good and interesting plot, the way you tie all the strands together to make a work of art out of it.
Even more important, you show all the changes and the things that still have to change in the wizarding community. That there is still so much to do for a better, less prejudiced society.

Cant wait for the next story.
jadely31 chapter 21 . 12/29/2013
Lots of twists and turns in this story. I have enjoyed it. Looking forward to your next installment, Friends and Foe.
yiota chapter 21 . 12/29/2013
Thank you for updating this story so quickly! I'm really looking forward to 'Friends and Foes'. I think you should also focus on 'Aurors and Schoolgirls' and tell us about the time Fenella broke into the Ministry.

Happy New Year!
Guest chapter 21 . 12/29/2013
You are unable to write an uninteresting story, so
thank you once again. I look forward to 'Friends and Foes'
302 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »