Reviews for Twisted and Torn
FiddlerGirlLolly chapter 24 . 10/24/2020
What a beautiful story! The last chapter or so with all the heart to heart talks was so heartwarming! You really had me though, I was about to hit the floor with the idea of Newkirk returning to England. AND HE CAME HOME! You did so great with this story, taking characters from a comedy and making a deeply emotional drama. The epilogue is just so heartwarming... well done!
FiddlerGirlLolly chapter 7 . 10/24/2020
I love reading stories about Newkirk, number one, because I have a crush on him, and number two, he’s just got a more complex character to deal with. You can do more with him than with the other heroes. That’s my two cents anyway. He’s just complicated and deep.
FiddlerGirlLolly chapter 6 . 10/24/2020
Really enjoying this! You are a good writer; it’s very well written. The characters are great! I’m excited to keep reading!
GrrraceUnderfire chapter 24 . 9/6/2020
What a great ending! I thought you were going to have to follow the story to its conclusion and that meant one man could not return. But I like that you found a way to change course. Brilliant story!
GrrraceUnderfire chapter 15 . 9/6/2020
I’m reading this for the first time and it is really good. It’s an amazing adventure with lots of depth.
Guest chapter 24 . 5/23/2020
I loved the ending!
Wish chapter 24 . 6/11/2016
OMG This story was just intense! Usually stories of this length peter out or get boring half way through before ramping up again, but this one went full throttle all the way. Everything written had a purpose (I love it when people do that). And then the ending! I was literally jumping for joy. Maybe it's just such a huge contrast from the darkness of the rest of the story, but I have to say it is probably one of the best endings ever. It would be incredibly awesome if you wrote more for the Hogan's Heroes fandom. Thank you so much for this story.
Tiny1217 chapter 24 . 7/29/2015
All I can say is: AMAZING. VERY GOOD story. I like how you had more than one plot going at all times. Using the Polish coal mines was a new and interesting addition to the story. The part where a "certain man" died (I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read the story yet) was very sad, but fit in well. And to weave in a member of Rheinhardt's family-that was another unexpected twist.

To be honest, I do think this story seriously needed a beta reader, because there are quite a few mistakes. Overall, however, this story makes it to my personal "Top 10 Favorite Hogan's Heroes Stories" list.
steffiundaxel chapter 24 . 1/16/2015
It was a beautifull story, I loved the ending when Newkirk returned to his comrades in the epilogue. You should write more HH fanfics!
Janet12 chapter 24 . 11/18/2014
Awesome story! And what a jaw-dropping end! You've done a great job with this - now I just hope you'll write a sequel!
SaraiEsq chapter 24 . 9/4/2014
Bravo! Excellent story, well-written. Thank you for your efforts on this.
bonesteel chapter 10 . 9/8/2013
This was a special story, I was moved by it, please keep writing
FlavishamXIII chapter 24 . 3/31/2013
I can not begin to even describe how good that was. I literaly read the last sentece, fangirled and then had to just sit there and re-compose myself. This was an AMAZING story, so full of action, friendship, pain and sorrow, happiness and triumph... I mean I could go on! I absolutely LOVE the end, I kept telling myself there is no way that Newkirk wouldn't come back and thank goodness he did! Once again, you did an amazing jon on this amazing story, I hope to see more of your writing in the future! Best of Luck!
Navy82 chapter 24 . 11/3/2012
WOW! What a great story, I could not put it down. I could easily visualize the story and feelings. Loved your writing it kept my interest all the way to the end, which by the way was perfect. Thanks for writing and sharing it with us.
NickTonyK chapter 24 . 10/27/2012