Reviews for Tails of a Samurai
Ira Wolph chapter 1 . 9/25/2014
*facepalm* Sonic you are not suppose to know about KFC.. Baka .. lol
IHJTMQ chapter 3 . 7/13/2014
I am having massive Okami nostalgia xP Anyway, great story, (Tails is so CUTE! 3) and I hope you update soon! :3
Scyphi chapter 2 . 6/24/2014
Reviewing for a second time on this story because A: it's just that good, and B: was re-reading it and remembered just how much potential this whole idea really has. So this is also a bit of a poke at you in hopes it might coax you into writing more with the idea. :D
TreesoftheWild chapter 3 . 5/7/2014
This sounds like a good story, so please would you come back to it! Doesn't everyone agree!
Man, I wish I had started my fan fiction account when I was younger!
The Loner in the Shadows chapter 3 . 9/4/2013
Hey, just saw your newest chap of "Life could have been so different," and it made me come look at some of your other stuff that I hadn't seen in a while, and I found this. I find myself entranced. There is so much potential here! The usual reference to Tails as a kitsune is really neat, and samurai Sonic is just really cool. It also adds a whole new dimension to the whole relationship between the two, as Tails has something other than technical expertise to offer this time. Honestly I kinda wanna see more of this over the majority of your other stuff. So, y'now, if you ever find your muse for this one again, I'll be here. Thanks!
Phaenur chapter 3 . 8/18/2013
All right, I've been meaning to get around to giving you a review ever since I discovered you on JudasFm's Favorites list, and this story, despite its tragic brevity (so far) is still one of my enduring favorites. So, here we go.

First, your humor is top-notch, with the right blend of self-referential and externally referential humor that goes into all of the good parodies and satires. You're relentlessly funny without being relentlessly silly, though, and that's a crucial difference that makes the audience still take your work seriously. Tails's moments of vulnerability in this story are an excellent example of the counterweight moments that make the humor even more effective. You clearly have a great idea of who the characters are, which you then proceed to ramp up, downplay, and otherwise manipulate for the proper emotional impact without ever letting the audience forget we're still reading Sonic and Co. That's an amazing skill and one 90% of the authors on this site could stand to develop a little more. The fact that you've written at least bits of stories in functionally every genre and still kept Sonic and the rest recognizable, either as themselves or as comically exaggerated self-parodies, is the ultimate testament to that.

On the down side, there's something I've noticed that tends to jar me out of your stories mid-run, and for this I'll be drawing more on Tails of a Samurai specifically. Specifically, the references get awkward when you're trying to maintain the characters. It's fine in Wikipedia: Hedgehogs, for instance, since that's canonically set in our world and thus those sources exist for the cast to quote. But here, you've implied that Sonic has a genuine backstory - and, in fact, has lived a complete life - in feudal Japan. In fact, his first meeting with a thoroughly alien Tails reinforces this further, since the overwhelming majority of Sonic canon is set after that meeting. At the same time, though, Sonic drops numerous references to modern pop culture, which work as humor but threaten suspension of disbelief. Even allowing that this is a heavily anachronistic Japan built more on its own self-mythology than on history, explicit references to the future (the KFC quip) can be extremely jarring. This stands out the worst in this story, which is why I placed the review here, because all of the others explicitly use the Storybook or Sonic X settings as their excuse and thus can get away with much more, while this one - as far as we know - has no such excuse.

I suppose what I'm really saying is "Hurry up and write more of this, because I want to love it and it's already some of the best Sonic-Tails fluff on the site after JudasFm Herself." Like I've already said, you're an excellent humor author and very good at generating the other emotions too (you're dead on when you say "Tails is cuter when he's miserable"), and I can't wait to see more out of you. This story or any of the others, I'm not picky.
neosonic chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
you should mke sequel in the sonic X universe,

OR ELSE!
Profile Has Been Closed chapter 3 . 12/10/2011
9.6/10
Profile Has Been Closed chapter 2 . 12/10/2011
After reading this, my only response would be...

This should be an OVA. I don't say that to anyone!

No, really... I... don't. In fact, I almost didn't say that her- ANYWAY, the use of Far Eastern Warrior-styled Sonic characters is something I've always deemed 'interesting' to say the least, ever since that "Sonic Bleach" fanart was uploaded.
Profile Has Been Closed chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
ANIME. NO, DON'T STOP JAPANESE OVERFLOW.

Ignore those screams. So, judging by the looks of things, I'm guessing Tails is gonna... Tails is gonna die. Somehow. Some way. Somewhere. In some form. In some time.
Writer's Freedom chapter 3 . 6/25/2011
Well well... I like this story. So much, in fact, that I will actually add this to my follow list. I'll read again when you have updated.

See you next chapter!

Writer's Freedom.
jakeroo123 chapter 3 . 6/4/2011
Well... This chapter was quite funny. Oh, most definitely. Tails... so childish... and, really, he seems to just be trying to be normal, fit in... You get the idea. Sonic doesn't seem to happy about having a little kid following him, though.
Swiftshadow123 chapter 3 . 3/12/2011
I have a fox called Ninetails (not to be confused with Ninetales from Pokemon) as my profile picture!

She's evil, though, and she's from the game called Okami.

Gee, I wonder what's going to happen in the next chapter...?
Falconess chapter 3 . 1/24/2011
Awesome! I wasn't sure about the 4th wall breaking humor (mainly just the one with Sonic making a "centuries later" remark since he's not magical) at first, but after two chapters it seems to fit with the humor that's been protrayed in the third chapter, especially with all of the great references you've made so far. :) As a fan of Kenshin and other samurai stories, I'm really enjoying this. I like what you've done with the characters and Tails is super cute as a kitsune spirit. I'm looking forward to more!
CerberAsta chapter 3 . 12/14/2010
Nice way to wrap up the prologue and set up for the bigger story. You love doing that. *Tales of Shadow* p

Can't wait for more, and sorry it took so long to review.