Reviews for The Spell
welliegirl16 chapter 1 . 4/22
This is a great idea, i just think it needs a little fleshing out. You're clearly a good writer with a good instinct for plot and story development, the only thing that seems to be lacking is scene descriptions and character development. Describe the world that you're seeing. remember the audience can't see inside your head. We need you to tell us what the world the characters are in looks like. A good rule of thumb is go ahead and go overboard on descriptions. you can always edit them out later, but it's much harder to add to a piece than subtract. As far as the characters go, You've done very well to keep them true to the originals so far, but the audience needs to get inside thier heads a little bit. what are they feeling/thinking? What are their emotional reactions to being transformed. You kind of give the impression that they're ok with it, but we need to know why, even if the other characters in the story don't. This would also give you the chance to create some wonderful emotional tension and conflict within your story (if you wanted to. This is your story and your vision for it so go with what you feel you should). Sorry this is so long. I really believe in giving positive, constructive, criticism to budding writers and i hope my critique helps. You have the groundwork here for an amazing story and i truly hope you continue to develop it. I can't wait to see how the clan deals with being human!
Supa Supa Bad Truly Mad Moves chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Well, this is my first-ever foray into the Gargoyles fandom - and I like it very much! I've been thinking about starting up my own Gargoyles saga... and, well, I suppose I should finish your series before I say anything definitive. I'd definitely love to be a part of this community...
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
People are glad for the update.