Reviews for Why?
Awesome love it
samson28 chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Enjoyed.
Ms. Chips chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
I really appreciated this scene. We never saw much genuine interaction between Jayne and Zoe on the series. She was too self-contained, and he was too explosive. But for all their obvious differences, they were alike in a lot of regards: they're both warriors and protectors by nature. And I think they don't embody the ambivalence and contradictions that a lot of the other characters do. They believe what they believe, and they make no apologies for it. However, since neither one puts a lot a value in words, I guess it makes sense that real discussions between them would be few and far between and only about the most important topics, and this case certainly qualifies.

Thanks for sharing it with us, and for all your stories. I've been going through all of your various 'verses, and I love them all.
Freyalyn chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Touching. And nicely in character for the way you write them. Thank you for sharing.
debbieja chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
I really liked this sweet moment between the two of them. It was good of Jayne to explain why he didn't save them and let Zoe know he would have acted differently if he could have and he mourns along with her.
jane0904 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
A necessary talk, and well handled. Zoe had to know, and can now move on. That's why Wash's death was so shocking, of course. He goes from a living, breathing man who's just pulled off the landing of the century, into little more than a Reaver snack on a stick in the turn of a second. As Jayne says, if there'd been even a spark of life nobody would have left him.

Good job.
JimBeamer5 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
You know, this was just, nice. Thanks. I've taken to Janos, being a big fan of Jayne, and River (and Rayne) has helped in that regard. Thanks again.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
I have to honestly admit I never thought about the repercussions of Jayne being an immortal with the ability to turn others when it came to the canonical events of the BDM...but Jayne's reasons are sound. Still good to know he would have risked a lot to save Wash had he been in the cockpit at the time of Wash's fatal injury :)

Some mighty awesome work here, badkarma00...fits in all kinds of well with the established storyline :D
bladefax chapter 1 . 9/21/2010