Reviews for Second Chance, a new choice
Drarry-Lisa chapter 19 . 5/29
The whole story is very awsome. I will never forget the last four lines you wrote as long as I live, for they are very much true.
Joanne Chase chapter 33 . 5/15
I got the chapter but am so frustrated with the whole story. This is suppose to be about Sev and Lily and foolish me I thought that they would be together-guess the joke is on me. How many chapters so far have they been separated? Grrrrr-that makes me mad.
Victoria LeRoux chapter 56 . 5/2
Generally, I'm not a huge Snape fan. I picked this up on a whim, and overall I'm glad I did so. I loved the dynamic between each of the characters, Regular and Sirius especially, and little Evelyn is very much my favorite.

I do think you did this story a great disservice when you dropped beta reading, however. The amount of typos even spell check should have caught detracted from the story, and I think a second eye could have made it appear even more polished and professional.

However, I did enjoy this. The plot was excellent, and you did a very good and unique thing with a tired premise. I also quite adored your characterizations, especially of those characters that we only got a glimpse of in canon. Thanks for spending so much time with this story.
Pikachu271 chapter 70 . 5/1
Really good story. Although I can't help but be sad when I realize that this world will never know Harry Potter... Jeez, I wonder what Ron and Hermione will do...
SofieA.K.A. moonbird: Thank you so much for this book! All I can say is it is perfect. This story is the way things should have happened. This is what makes sense. Snape and Lily not saying something stupid about Lily and mudbloods when he was being bullied by James and Sirius. Your story is what should have been but what could not happen unless Severus experienced the future first. He went back with all the skills and insight he needed to fix the past...BUT...What would have happened if Snape had not said that stupid thing about Lily in the first place? Would Lily have seen what idiots James and Sirius? Like in your story?Probably yes. Hopefully, she would end up with Lily. However,what would become of the fight with Voldemort? Would Lily provide enough of the love and support (backbone) needed by an immature Severus to keep him out of Voldemort's ranks? Would Neville Longbottom be "the boy who lived"? And then what? ...Sorry,I am going on too much! See? That is what your book had done to me! I have a 27 year old daughter who read the HP books as they first came we saw the movies when they were , my second daughter, who is 14 has been reading the books , so I joined her and read them all straight through. My younger daughter thought it was hysterical that when I closed the last book at the end and said," That's it. My life is over..." That was last summer and she still teases me about it! I am a 56 year old woman,a registered nurse, and NOT a writer. This is the first time I have EVER reviewed a book, or given an opinion about anything at all ! I don't review products I've used, answer satisfaction surveys, write to my congressman about issues, etc., etc. I want to but then I never get around to it. But your story is the BEST! I had to tell you. ( Even though I wonder if you will ever see this. And it is not like what I say really matters.) But I am just one of billions of persons on this planet. And I loved this book so far. I am going to tell others to read it. Thank you for writing. I know you like acting but keep writing. You are like Penelope. You show that it is possible for people to come together to do good. To not be alone...that one small person can become many..
When you start to really publish your work, how will we know? I want to read more of what you write! Thanks again! Cathy G.
Qwertypip chapter 1 . 4/14
BTW a half moon would be one week to the full moon, new moon would be two weeks.
I just reached your intermission chapter. Your story is amazing . It really is I love it. I don't think you have to apologise for killing of penny. She will be missed with her readers but I think that what goog writing is all about. I mean you said that harry potter was your child hood and you grew to love it . You also grew to love all the carecters and I'm sure you like me and anyone else reading this was sad about the people who die . But she will be remembered.
she is brighter chapter 71 . 3/24
What happened to Evelyn ?
TJ Jordan chapter 71 . 1/27
Alright, first off, I want to say that I really do love your writing. You actually kept me engaged and interesting in the story. I always an interested in stories that involve Severus Snape gaining redemption and turning his life around during his Hogwarts student years. And while it is a cliché thing to write about, I thought you did a pretty solid good job. For one, I like the characters and the way how you wrote 'em. Good job on that part. The dialogue was good and the pacing was decent in the beginning.

But I really need to address something here. Now, just as a fair warning, I am going to go into the negatives I had with this story. I deeply apologize if I in any way hurt your feelings, it was not the intention. I'm only expressing my opinions towards this story, and I promise to that it will done in a professional matter. With that out of the way, I high advise you to skip the next paragraph if you don't like negatives.

For the first 24 chapters, I was really loving this story. The writing, the characters, the direction, and even the pacing was great. But then chapter 25 hit and (as much as I hate to say it) I was disappointed by the ending result of that chapter. And I understand the idea of what you had in mind, I just didn't think that the execution was right. We have Severus Snape actually making great progress in becoming a better person and I was loving the direction. But the ending to this chapter only made it all feel like such a huge step backwards. Having Snape go back to his former self (okay, not entirely like his former self, but you get the idea) was such a huge turn-off for me. The way how he acted and talked to Lily and the others made me kinda get mad at the guy. He was given a second chance and this was the conclusion he came to? Turn his back on everything he already achieved and make some of the same mistakes as last time? His own mother was responsible (kinda, I guess) for giving him a second chance at life. A second chance! For once, I actually agree with Lily! I want to smack him in the face and keep on smacking him until he finally comes to his senses! But, getting back to the point, I do see what you were going for and I actually thought it was a good idea, but the execution of it only made it feel like a betrayal of everything I loved about the first 24 chapters. Another problem I have with this story is that it felt like it was dragging at certain times and didn't offer much up to the main story. In fact, I felt like the story lost its main focus as it went along. I get that you wanted to represent real-life and show the change in our characters, and I really love that idea. But the execution wasn't all that great and the story felt way too depressing in the wrong ways for me. The last problem I have with this story is that the ending felt way too rushed and even felt like it was missing some important stuff. Sure, we could fill in the gaps with our imagination, but at least give us something better to go on.

Okay, negative time is over. I deeply apologize if this in any way hurt your feelings. I can sometimes let my emotions get the best of me when I express my opinions.

But seriously, you did a great job on the first 24 chapters of the story. I thought you handled the characters very well and even got me to cry a boat-load of times. The death of Penelope was heartbreaking, as she was differently one of my favorite characters. Also, I loved what you did with Umbridge's character. Such a great way to deliver justice! In the end I say that you did a good job for the parts that worked for me and I'm glad that the characters did get a happy ending.
This Fangirling Muggle chapter 33 . 1/25
Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!

NOooooooooooOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOo! What's gonna happen to Evelyn! And is she related to Penelope Clearwater, a ravenclaw who was Percy Weasly's girlfriend?
This Fangirling Muggle chapter 18 . 1/25
argh! Snape u idiot! go to the dumbly!
This Fangirling Muggle chapter 14 . 1/24
Wonderful! Just Fantastic! Glorious Merlin! I like.
This Fangirling Muggle chapter 13 . 1/24
Oh I so hope James and Sirius don't ruin this for the Slytherins!
This Fangirling Muggle chapter 12 . 1/24
Eek! Penelope reminds me of myself! I like her! :) :)
This Fangirling Muggle chapter 9 . 1/24
Ugh. Umbridge is a bitch. I'm hating her here even more than the canon version. Great story though. Good writing. And I really hope that little girl makes it! Please, please, please! Let her grow up! Well, it's a completed story, so what's done is done, but I'm hoping it goes the way I want.