Reviews for Harry & the Mysterious Curse of the Girl-Who-Lived
Byakugan789 chapter 23 . 4/5
in the book (and movie, incidentally) when you go back in time with the time turner, you don't physically move. You don't follow your own movements back in time. You arrive at the spot you activated the time turner, however many hours back.

sooooooo...why didn't Harry think to use the timeturner to hop back and take the diary from himself? He seems rather against dumbles having it and was just given a timeturner, so ti make sense that that would be why its missing.
Unless Lockhart took it when he crashed into Harry in the hospital, trying to get something to sign. Kinda sad you kept that cannon outcome for him after making him such a better teacher without being OOC.
Byakugan789 chapter 22 . 4/3
Ever since seeing Avengers Endgame and rereading the mishaps in the time room during book 5, I've wondered why Saint Mungos never tried to heal the longbottoms by reversing time on their bodies. One of the death eaters suffered that after all, and if you reverse Frank and Alice to a point before they were tortured into coma's that should work as a cure.

Poor Sirius. able to see harry from the fence, but no closer.

Destroy reality huh? Timeturner?

No, Mary Sue is still a term for female characters who are awful people but all of the other characters love them regardless, and they have OP curb-stomp powers for the setting. If they have any trouble, setbacks or tragedy at all, it's in summary or flashbacks to make them more goth.
Byakugan789 chapter 21 . 4/2
Harry you dumbshit. Shoulda told Madam Bones about Malfoy and the Diary. You don't need to tell her it's still active, though that'd be SMART, just that Malfoy gave Ginny a magic diary that possessed her and set the basalisk on the school. You can't complain about law enforcement letting these monsters off if you never turn them in.
Byakugan789 chapter 20 . 4/2
Well, Harry stepped in the shit this time, didn't he? Keeping the diary in tact? I suppose if it could be modified further, you could use it to redeem Tom, but that almost seems a waste.
Byakugan789 chapter 19 . 4/2
I almost hope your weird lockhart doesn't loose everything. Or even better, he ends up believing he really did do all of those things and that the accident swiss cheese'd his skills and memories, prompting him to "take a sabbatical to retrain himself".
Byakugan789 chapter 18 . 4/1
Cannons proceeding quite off the rails now, isn't it?
Byakugan789 chapter 17 . 4/1
To point of fact, 9/10 chefs are men, from fast food fry cook to 5 star restaurant. The stereotype of women in the kitchen comes from the division of labor prior to men inventing labor saving devices. Cooking, cleaning and making clothes used to be an effort of 18 hour days 365 a year, all on its own, and while either gender could do it, jobs requiring more labor or danger such as hunting, farming, construction or combat were more effectively done by men and always had a shortage of men to do them, so critical, time consuming but non-dangerous jobs slowly became ingrained in tradition as women's work.

Wonder whos gonna save Hannah. The school'd be shut down if anyone actually got kissed.
Byakugan789 chapter 16 . 4/1
Harry: Really Mandy? Really? Why would I attack Lisa? Between the two of you, I LIKE Lisa. I DON'T like YOU. And yet... here you stand, healthy and uncursed, if not exactly sane.
Byakugan789 chapter 15 . 4/1
Arri is pretty good. Sounds like ahri, who is a delightful fox! The name is Korean for Grace.
I’ve been reading this story on and off for years and the whole time it has consistently remained one of my favorites on this site, thank you so much for continuing with this amazing story
Byakugan789 chapter 14 . 3/31
He doesn't need to call it family secrets. Just tell them you're researching Phantasm illusions. Luna's probably the only one who'd know anything.
Byakugan789 chapter 13 . 3/31
Making Lockhart even vaguely competent? Wow. And without changing his character either, which move it from an unusual plot to vaguely impressive.

And poor susan.

as big as your harry is on talking with the teachers, I'd have thought he'd ask McGonagall about the voice.
eh w/e
Byakugan789 chapter 12 . 3/31
Not at hogwarts they aren't.

Pity we didn't get to see the photo either.
Pempelune chapter 25 . 3/31
That was a very sweet update. I love the puppy love between Harry and Parvati, and I hope it lasts!
Byakugan789 chapter 11 . 3/31
Pity, no malfoy hyjinx. I suppose Lockhart's the trap? Or are we talking /Traps,/ given Luna translating Harry's admission to her into Umb itch being a man in polyjice drag secuding Fudge?
1,198 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »