Reviews for Harry & the Mysterious Curse of the Girl-Who-Lived
SafaiaFureia chapter 25 . 3/9
You are doing a fantastic job. I love your take of Harry as a girl (not girl). I look forward to the next time you get around to updating!
LoveLove chapter 25 . 2/17
This fic is excellent! Thanks for sharing. :)
From Future chapter 24 . 1/21
I feel the flirting is somewhat jarring there. Sure, Cho Chang & Cedric Diggory is not too out of place as a pair on their own (even if how they're trying to get Harry alone comes across somewhat creepy/awkward).

However, Lavender, Parvati, Ron, Susan, Neville...Even Ginny and Luna went rejectful of Cho.

So it's almost 23 chapters of near nothing, between the omake and crush(es) on Lockheart closer to rejection of the concept of teenagers having any romantic or sexual interest. Now, right after new year, most of Harry's friend circle is not just giving signs but building roads.

The simultaneity, timing & higher starting level of competence at it comes across somewhat forced - combined with the family planning there, one might even suspect magical interference.

Regardless, that's not to say I haven't enjoyed your writings so far, nor to say that this subject isn't of interest to address with this unique take on GWL (I see some readers already have ideas with time turner or that cliffhanger.) Just saying you might want to make it more gradual, staggered and spread-out next time (if that ever happens).
lax23-nitty-book chapter 25 . 1/18
Hi there! I've had your story as a favourite since 2010! It made me smile to see you still updating! I remember reading your first few chapters in high-school and I still come back to read some chapters. Take your time with finishing this story it fascinating and you've done an amazing job keeping us engaged in your world. I just finished school so I totally get it about being busy.
cloverskye chapter 24 . 12/19/2021
Woot, probably one of my fav hp fics so far. I could foresee some issues arising very soon with second base scenes. I feel like harry just just have Dumbledore swap his gender to full female until they can figure out how to fix the girl curse. He's already comfortable with people seeing him that way, and it would feel less like lying to Parvati while making out.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2021
don't really see whats so funny about it. Especially when if giving a detailed explanation about what he sees or something similar they can figure out the issue. Instead this is just the typical ignorance and purposely avoiding what can give the solution..
GoMagikarp chapter 13 . 9/20/2021
Maybe It's just me, but the way Harry constantly fails to share obviously important information with figures of authority who obviously need to know about it is just maddening. I don't know, Harry, maybe, *maybe* would should tell Dumbledore that you've been hearing a demented inhuman voice screaming about killing and blood and you followed it right to the scene of the crime. Maybe you should tell someone instead of just walking off and seemingly forgetting it literally just happened.
GoMagikarp chapter 10 . 9/20/2021
...

Why wouldn't Harry just immediately write Dumbledore and let him know he has the address of the family that the house elf stealing his letters works at. Worse, the house elf that says terrible, terrible, dangerous things are going to happen at Hogwarts.

It seems implausibly stupid he would forget or just not do so considering the whole "trap" was Dumbledore's plan to begin with.
Ohfortheloveofpete chapter 3 . 9/19/2021
Well Thank God Harry didn’t go blind.
Ohfortheloveofpete chapter 1 . 9/19/2021
I made a fanfic like this, actually.
Scooby632 chapter 25 . 8/28/2021
Hmm, so far so good. I've never much been one for the pairing of Harry and Parvati, though I can see this working. It's giving me that odd feeling of indigestion and existentialism in the pit of my stomach that all the best romantic stuff I read gives off. The story is well executed, nothing feels rushed, nor does it feel too slow. The mystery of the Curse is nice, but's it's also fun how that almost takes a backseat at times and instead just becomes the driving force that kickstarts events. Can't wait for the rest.

Except, well, I can, I understand how these things go. I started a story about a year and a half ago. I promised weekly updates. Chapter 3 took double, so the schedule was made bi-weekly. Then Chapter 5 took a month, so I made an excuse, and made it a monthly. 6 came out four moths after. I started doing better, 7 came after two months. I kept saying I was making progress, offering updates. That was in Dec of 2020. Chapter 8 was just released a couple days ago. So I realize how these things happen. Patience is the key of the reader, but even the author gets locked out of the fictional house, yes?

Great story so far. Keep up the good work!
SnowingCrystals chapter 3 . 8/24/2021
I forgot how good this chapter was, That last line, poor poor Harry...
SnowingCrystals chapter 1 . 8/24/2021
Rereading! Harry isn't technically trans but that's still a shitty thing to say from Ollivander geez.
ironhair chapter 20 . 6/29/2021
This chapter had a lot of changes to the overall plot. Harry & the diary both believing an alternative version, no wormtail, no Hermione's cat (ok, next year, but still), no black resolution...
Going to read more to see what's going on
ironhair chapter 1 . 6/28/2021