Reviews for Pass The Soy Sauce
Matsuri Kazehana chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Just... AWESOME! If sombody I knew was gay and said that line, they would be the best people on Earth for me!
Takato the dreamer chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Awesome XD I cant imagine Henry doing that, it was awesome XD Now i can get back to the multi chap story :)
Digidestined Dude 15 chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
AAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA! That was just too funny! Espescially when Shiuchun broght her 'Gay Brother!' as she put it to show and tell!
DigitalFlagDancer chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I love your tendency for Jenrya POVs. You write him well. ;) It was cool seeing an expansion of the scenes that had been mentioned previously. And I love your writing of Mr. Li.
Heartwarming Friendship chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Really nicely written, wish Terriermon was a part of this since according to the Locomon movie they did get their digimon back :P
Ian R. Moros chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Very nice story. I enjoyed how well you were able to balance the tone in this piece. On the one hand you showed the tension as Jenrya perceived it, the overarching sense of dread inherent in his situation. On the other, you've got the great humor of this whole series of situations which Jen, even though he's the narrator, can't fully appreciate in the moment because they are almost all thoroughly embarrassing for him. They are wonderfully juxtaposed, revealing you to be playing with the narrative device. At the same time the mood progresses at a smooth pace; it does switch back and forth throughout, but the overall feeling grows naturally from dread to comedy. Case in point, at the beginning it's hard to get a laugh from Rinchei's appreciation for Zhang He, whereas at the end there's hardly an ounce of dread left when Shuichon outs Jenrya to her entire class.

Since there's a ton of different points that got a good laugh out of me, I just think I should comment on why they work. The humor derives mainly from a succession of increasingly awkward situations, though not always. These are great because you make it so easy to empathize with Jenrya in the buildup, and though we empathize with the concerns he has we also have the emotional connection to him that is essential when we need to have a laugh at his embarrassment. The arc progresses nicely from the outburst at dinner to the, uh, "talk" at the end that possibly goes best without too much detail, each situation more awkward and more funny than the last (though there is a bit of a lull there around dessert.) There are a couple exceptions to the general source of humor that I think are worth pointing out. The first is how Jenrya is the ONLY one that seems at all surprised, and only then because of the lack of reaction from everyone else. I would have expected more of a response from Jaarin and Shuichon, at least. There's also the gag that led right into that: "I'm gay. Pass the soy sauce." I laughed till it hurt.

Anyway, just a few thoughts I felt like sharing. I'll have to get around to reading and reviewing the rest of your stuff later. Looks like it should be a fun ride!
Anna Kaiya Freeman chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
*bursts out laughing* Ah... ah... that's amazing. xD The ending was the cherry on the cake.
Reiji chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Yup, I believe I have never seen this one yet. Thanks for uploading this! Congratulations as well in still maintaining the best consistency of this story. For a first fic after nearly a decade, I can say you haven't lost your edge. As this is a very good read along with the other Leekatos IMO.

Another dilemma on the side of Lee in the midst of food. Though the outcome was quite delicious as his folks were understanding of his.. 'Predicament.'

Oh my gosh, Xiaochun...*Laughs* Though I wish I could also see what Shinobu-sensei's facial expression looked like.
Some1 U Dunno chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Ahahahahahhahahahahaha... Oh god, so hilarious! Please, do us all a favor and write more Lee family fics. Thank you for your beautiful work! :3