Reviews for puzzle pieces
Yuri-hime chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
This story was really sweet and full of warmth and comradrie. I truly enjoyed 3
lff chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Love it! Would like to see more.
E. G. Szyzlak chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
You have managed to create an atmosphere of dread and desperation (at times) that I feel canon utterly failed at. From start to finish all I could think about was how harsh Gran Pulse must be and how difficult, taxing and life-threatening their journey is.

My favorite thing about this has got to be your Lightning, how she tries so hard to stay strong despite all the pain and she stubbornly goes out of her way to heal Fang at the cost of her own consciousness. Your Fang, too, is lovely, but I really, really like this Lightning.

I also really liked when Fang went, "Dot, dot, dot..." Very eerie and powerful and gut-wrenching. She was actually pretty scary back there; Lightning was right to be weirded out.

I -love- it. Would love to see one focused on Fang (hint, hint).
808tenshi chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Ah, don't know what to say, so... nice story?

The characterization is well done and manages to convey a good deal of subtleties about both the characters and their relationship with one another.

As for pairings, I don't think they are necessary, and especially shouldn't be forced. Often, friendship can offer a more comprehensive view than you'd see in relationships.

Um... Good job.
Harmonic Wisp chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
I loved watching their clashing yet compatible chemistry in this. That and how you're able to easily portray both Fang AND Lightning in character with each other. For a lot of people it's either one or the other (especially in terms of Lightning, somehow or another she's -hard- for most to write). With this scene in particular, your tone gives off a very relaxed feeling, matching well with how I'm imagining the two catching their breaths after escaping with their lives. There's very little indicating panic towards their other comrades - which shows off just how much they trust the other four to stay alive.

.. above all else, I liked it. Definitely looking forward to more!
Darkgirl5 chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Hey there! I like the story. And I feel Lightning's pain with the shoulder-literally, as you well know.

In your note you say that you don't think you inserted the romance but in a short piece that's a difficult task. You gave hints and you showed a beginning. I usually prefer that to people just writing 'established relationship' stories.

Is this completed work (because it can stand alone) or are you continuing? I think if you're going to keep going then you'll get to the romance you think you missed in this chapter. (I still say that subtle is good. I can't quite see these two just 'having at it.')

Good work and thanks for sharing!
D chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Interesting...I can kind of see what you mean by more playful and warmer. Time to go check out the Japanese version of the game, me thinks.

Good stuff. Will be looking forward to more, if any.
elfspirit7 chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
AWESOME! Please update as soon as you can, can't wait to read the next chapter XD!
ALEXISSA2 chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Hmmm...so that is why I didn't see any "Sunshine" and such from the US version. LOL

I find that Lightning in this fic is not as irritated or easily lost control with Fang as in other fics, or could it be that she was in too much pain and too weak to fight back? Hahaha

That was a great take, hope you'll continue soon. Thanks.
Icy-Windbreeze chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Even though I haven't played nor seen the entire game still I'm greatly fascinated by these two persons in the game

Great read!