Reviews for She Heard the Fairies Singing
Sunder the Gold chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Oo, another Margarita story! And a look at her possible childhood, no less.

The idea that it was fairies who introduced her to the world of magic pleases me, since I think Sorcery is just what she learned from the Archmage's servants, and only to a degree, but she managed to summon Glamour's mightiest faerie creature on her own. Plus, having a demon like Shirely probably wasn't her own idea. (Archmage's toady, haha.)

Of course, she might not be so eager to learn magic if she had first met ghosts or actual devils, instead.

This story's also a nice reminder that while the Archmage's people aren't necessarily nice people, they aren't necessarily evil either, nor was their desire necessarily wrong. Better, they think, to have the Archmage rule an empire where superstitious folk don't burn each other - and especially not promising young magicians - at the stake.

Just like the fearful villagers, the two magicians were just normal people. Looking out for their own, and capable of ugly hatred.
RemiLou chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
It's easy to see from this why Margarita would act the way she did in the game. Curious to see how Surely makes his way into the picture...
JBebe chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Very much enjoyed this backstory! Mrs. Mint's duality was a nice surprise and I like how she and Mr. Lemon turned so very creepy at the end. Don't think Margarita will like the surprise they have in store for her.