Reviews for If Ye Break Faith
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Ah, you idiots, the pair of you... love you, but come on, guys.

Anyhow. I have to say you seem to have a talent for burrowing into character's heads and refusing to come out. It's... good.

Anyhow, Kristina Frye is a very interesting character to me in that every time I see her I wish to do several illegal and immoral things about her existence, so I kind of enjoyed but kind of also really didn't enjoy reading about her.

Thanks for writing. :)
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 2 . 9/11/2011
This WAS extremely depressing. But I enjoyed reading it anyway :)
Afterglow04 chapter 2 . 8/24/2011
My thoughts seem to be all over the place after reading this one. Admittedly, that actually has nothing to do with how you wrote this and everything to do with the fact that I just hated the S2 finale. And this particular installment in the series just seems to have brought all of my rage to the forefront again :p haha.

I just, I cannot stand Kristina Frye and the idea that Jane actually had feelings for her, I'd chosen to block that out of my mind but like you said at the end, it's not your fault this was a bit depressing and I definitely do blame the writers. Stupid writers.

But even so, you still managed to break my heart a little with this, though, particularly towards the end. After the first part I didn't think I'd ever have any sympathy for Jane again but lo and behold, you go and turn it all around quite wonderfully and leave him near broken at the end, which was lovely.

And sweet, strong Lisbon. Oh. It pains me to see her suffer throughout this story, I wanted to punch Jane repeatedly. Actually, pretty much all of the time :p

"He'd had dinner with Kristina because he'd stupidly thought she represented normalcy."

This line is really interesting, because I think I remember SB explaining the whole 'dinner with Frye' thing almost *exactly* like this. So it probably comes very close to what Jane was actually thinking. Provided he was thinking at all, of course.

On to season 3! :D (My current plan is to be caught up with this lovely series by the start of S4. Hoorah!)
forthecoast chapter 2 . 10/6/2010
Still loving this to pieces. And the way this makes sense of the entire Frye debacle. I am now demanding that you continue this into S3. It's not really a choice anymore ;)

I think my favorite part of this was the mixed signals thing, where Lisbon thought Jane found Frye more interesting, but in fact, Jane thinks quite the opposite (and TBH, I have to agree with Jane on this one, which is weird for me). BUT YES, I liked that a lot.
forthecoast chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
You're right. Frye is much better when Jane/Lisbon are in a screwed up established relationship of sorts. ANYWAY, off to read Part II.
dogeatdog chapter 2 . 9/25/2010
Too fantastic for words.

I love how Lisbon is annoyed at herself for wishing she was more mysterious, while Jane struggles to work out what she's thinking.

I like how they'r there for each other, through all the confusion and miscommunication, they are only trying to support each other.

I'd llike to say that I enjoy this series as a whole. The relationship between them is confused and ill-defined, which fits perfectly within their own development. Of all the fics I've read, this is the most heart-breaking and the most inspiring. You have a knack for getting inside their heads, and your writing is extremely compelling. i wish I had a tenth of your ability to unravel the motivations, whims and feelings of these two characters.

Reading your brilliant literary offering will just have to suffice. ;)
Alamo Girl chapter 2 . 9/24/2010
I love that you blame the writers at the end of this. Totally deserving to the blame too, but still it made me smile.

I love the interpersonal connection here that was so sorely lacking in those episodes. The little bits of Lisbon and Jane - even if they are in a semi-relationship in your AU verse - they still add the heart that was not there in the show.

No, I'm going to go pump my cautious optimism by rewatching the S3 premier.
GhostWriterLost chapter 2 . 9/24/2010
Absolutely fabulous as usual. But seriously? This was one chapter?

I think you have their voices down pat - even if i have my doubts about them as a couple. Even more than Bones/Booth i have these two down as siblings - of the responsible older sister/wild younger brother genre.
lysjelonken chapter 2 . 9/24/2010
Love it! :)
yaba chapter 2 . 9/24/2010
Ohh i forgot. Thank you for the dedication. After reading, I definitely take ALL the responsibility for this little gem :P. ALL of it! Does that mean I get bragging rights? Huh? Huh? :P

Anyway, I think this part was my favorite of the two, only because Jane finally started to take his head out of his ass and realize the most important difference between his feelings for Frye and his feelings for Lisbon and I love that you justified it with just Lisbon being Lisbon, strong, slightly awkward, but fierce and loving Lisbon. I just loved that.

I think also her personal thoughts about why Jane would pick Frye over her were a bit unsettling but so very in character. I could easily see Lisbon thinking this way and being just as mysterious as she considers herself not to be. Jane's obvious inability to read her was pretty amusing and actually a very nice adjunct to the premiere (which btw OMG super flail, I'm very happy right now)

Overall, what really got to me was the ending. It's just encapsulates what I love about your writing AND the relationship you built between them in your series. It was sad no doubt, but also slightly hopeful (I don't know if it's intentional or not) and I found myself reflecting on it optimistically.

You seriously made the most of an otherwise crappy conclusion to a mediocre season and I applaud you for it :).

Yana
yaba chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Okay, I don't even know where to start. I really, really, really don't. This was fantastic, especially the way you swiftly transitioned between Jane's thoughts and Lisbon's and how you picked out specific scenes from the episodes and addressed them and made sense of them through the lens of this series. It was really nice to see Lisbon's perspective on this. It was a nice contrast to me being annoyed by Jane's "I have to lie to her" mentality.

I liked it though, don't get me wrong. It was even a little necessary to justify his behavior like that and the way you justified the whole Frye thing was just excellent. Very believable and also very in character for Jane. He *is* intrigued by people like Frye, whether it's because of the challenge or actual attraction is something you brought up nicely. I'll save the majority of my "awww" J/L comments for the ch. 2 review, but I do want to tell you that I had my ideas for explaining Frye if J/L are in a relationship of sorts and this one was extremely interesting. I really liked it.

I think especially Lisbon being an enigma to Jane without even knowing it is what really excited me. I was glad he thought of her that way. It definitely made me turn to the next part super quickly!

Yana
LittleMender chapter 2 . 9/23/2010
I read this whie I watched the season premiere. It doubled the fun. I like that the qualities that made Frye seem mysterious to Lisbon were the ones that Jane found tiresome and that Lisbon didn't realize what an enigma she is to him. I always love a happy ending, but was very satisfied with the way you ended this. It's the way they would be. And it really wasn't an ending at all. Thanks for a great read!
Jisbon4ever chapter 2 . 9/23/2010
Jane is an idiot. Is like he does it on purpose to hurt her. He goes on a date with someone else and then expects Lisbon to react... jealous. I mean, seriously? I'm glad Lisbon is getting a love interest in this season. She deserves someone who loves her. -It feels nice to take it all out. lol

Anyways, great writing as usual.
Jisbon4ever chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
You have no idea how this chapter made me feel towards Jane. MAD! I don't know why I get so frustrated with him. Is just he drives me crazy. Thank God I'm not Lisbon. I feel sorry for her.

I guess that you are to good at writing that you make me feel all these emotions. Oh. oh.. That's not good today. I don't want to be angry at him because the premier is today. I can't help it. lol

I'm talking to much. Just letting you know how good you are at this and please continue soon.
racing snail chapter 2 . 9/23/2010
All the emotions seem very in tune with the characters and I liked the split point of view.

There was one misused phrase, "Jane is still in love with his ex-wife" should be "Jane is still in love with his late wife" as ex denotes divorced while late shows she died and Jane is a widower.