Reviews for Hands And Knees
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
This is certainly an interesting variation from the canon. Thank you for writing and posting this!
x0chu0x chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
I like your version of the event even if at some parts I felt as though Sokka wasn't acting awkward enough to be entirelly in character but all in all it fitted quite well the atmosphere you set for your fic. I'm not sure if you did it on purpose or not as I haven't read any of your other works yet (something that I'm doing right after I'm done with this review) but the way you wrote really reflected Zuko's personnality according to me, a bit dark and troubled but not enough to be suffocating. So... Well done I guess, it's a great piece )
Angst Splatter chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
There's a lot to love about this story, but I think my absolute favorite is how you handled Zuko telling them about his scar. In so many stories people just have Zuko explain it exactly like his Uncle did in The Storm, which doesn't make sense to me for a lot of reasons. I think it's clear it's not something Zuko speaks about a lot or has really ever had to tell the story to anyone. And in the show they could do easy flashback sequences so it was a lot of showing instead of just telling. So why Zuko would blurt out the whole long story in his Uncle's words and repeating word for word the speech we hear just...doesn't make sense. It's out of character.

So I really appreciated how that was handled in this story. He more hinted at than told them what happened. It was short and simple and well done.

I also like Toph and Sokka's more physical exploration of him (touching his scar, reading his heart beating, wiping away at his cut) and how this does really make him uncomfortable, perhaps more visibly uncomfortable than being forced prostrate through bending.

I thought this was very well done and definitely in character. A very interesting exploration that would have fit in the show, but that I love as this fic, since we would have missed so much of what's in here if it was in the show.

Thanks for writing! Definitely a story that I'm going to remember and want to re-read occasionally.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
No, you can't leave it like that...that was too good to just leave like that...you should definitely write more to this
theAsh0 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
hehe. good job :)
TaangFanToph chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
You should write more :)!
Milliondolaroma12x chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I really think you should continue this story I am really I'm love with it and I love the chemistry between the characters especially toph and Zhukov please continue please.
Keyanna chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Okay, now I'm kind of into Toko.
EbonyWing chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Really good!

I was sorry when it was over-I wanted more!

I love the way you depicted the characters, I enjoyed reading this a lot! ;)
Everwild chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Toph is suddenly very, very scary. 0_o
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
I wish it had played out this way in canon!

Well, mostly this way... I know Toph's been around pro wrestlers for years, but her blatant crudity at the end of the story was just too much; she's still just twelve years old!
tomboy 26 chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Wow .. that was truly amazing. This should have been on the show .. but then Toph's cheeky jokes wouldn't have been aired lol. Everything was spot on and I completely loved it. Awesome job!
Above Water chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Wow...that was...simply beautiful. Your depiction of Toph was spot on; you really developed the qualities which seemed innately part of her character, but where never fully developed in the show. Despite her crudeness, and gruffness, she really is a mature, caring, nurturing person. This has to be the best Toph I've ever read on ff. The delicate mix of emotions she drew from Zuko were extremely well written as well. Really superb work all around! ;)
KagetsukiVII chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
how is this M? is there more?
Lady of the Dark Night chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
:o END Noo you have to make this more than a oneshot! I loved this please make atleast one more chapter