Reviews for Shades
Derp chapter 10 . 1/20
This is so great so far. Love it, especially that you dare to kill characters. It’s war after all, and it truly raises the stakes. Can’t wait to read the rest!
infinite eternity chapter 13 . 8/5/2019
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit the tension is allllll the way up to the sky. You're a good writer (probably better now that you've had 8 years to improve)
infinite eternity chapter 10 . 8/4/2019
Loving this sequel so far! Interesting plot and plot twists...
I did notice that you do use many metaphors and whatnot that can seem a bit clunky sometimes. You could possibly try to cut down on those or integrate them more smoothly
Grouper chapter 16 . 7/9/2019
Bfufkeif I hated that character death. You wrote it well, I only say that because he’s my favorite character and I loved him in your story. Well done on the story overall! It’s quite a different direction things took as a result of Itachi’s time travel and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for writing this!
TheResidentDisambiguator chapter 8 . 7/1/2017
Funny how in canon Itachi actually uses the the technique Yasaka Magatama, and also Izanami, while Danzo uses Izanagi.
Paskuda chapter 3 . 11/23/2016
Sasuke: You are supposed to be an insane, bloodthirsty monster.
Gaara: I am not insane.

Lol I love that sandy bastard.
mildrice chapter 16 . 8/10/2016
I really enjoyed this story. I like how balanced it felt - Itachi changing things didn't make everything perfect, just different.
Totally Kawaii chapter 16 . 8/7/2016
holy shit hello given how few reviews you have for the SHEER QUALITY THIS SERIES HAS BEEN SO FAR here's me telling you that you blew my mind at 3AM and that I can't give you a more satisfactory review until after I've read the sequel, the rest of your fic, and then reread this series all over again.

in between playing Pokemon go of course.
calliopechild chapter 16 . 4/1/2016
Oh, this was lovely! I've been on a time-travel AU fic kick lately, and it is depressingly difficult to find a decent long fic along those lines, but this series definitely fits the bill. Itachi going back has the potential to change so much, and you really made it believable in the first fic of this series, in terms of how much he could fix-but also in terms of how much he couldn't change.

And even though I'm still mad at you for killing off Kakashi, this was a very fitting sequel, and satisfying, in that someone finally put Danzo down. Of course, now I'm depressed this series is over, but at least there's still the wrap-up stories. Thanks for an awesome read!
Shinigami Merchant chapter 10 . 2/14/2016
KAKASHI SENSEI!
jcampbellohten chapter 16 . 10/29/2015
For all the buildup, Itachi's take-down of Danzou, itself, felt pretty brief. I'm okay with that, it just struck me that way.
Nice happy ending. I hope to see in the sequel how the relationships between Genshi and the Leaf-loyals trapped in the village are rebuilt.
jcampbellohten chapter 11 . 10/29/2015
Also, I like how Sakura wasn't useless and hesitating to destroy the eye like she was with Obito in canon.
yeah, Itachi! I'm pretty sure Amaterasu is in the left eye and Tsukuyomi is in the right, though.
jcampbellohten chapter 10 . 10/29/2015
Daaaammnn. And yes, if you mean Itachi's left tear duct crying like Kakashi's did when he got the same eye, then I did see what you did there.

It says that Sakura waited for Itachi "to give to go-ahead" when it should say she waited for him "to give the go-ahead". Also, Danzou started recruiting from the general ninja "populace", not "populous".
jcampbellohten chapter 9 . 10/29/2015
Yay, they're back! Also, using a colon probably isn't strictly wrong, but you can also (and in my opinion, it looks nicer) use a comma in "He said, 'Blahblahblah'" situations where currently it reads, "He said: 'Blahblahblah.'"
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 10/29/2015
Kewl. I'm guessing the chapters of the interquel weren't in chronological order, because if I remember correctly, Itachi got stitched up in Chapter 4 and learned of the overthrow of the village and wondered whether Tsunade was alive in Chapter 5.
About the A/N: What sounds stupid in English is subjective. For example, I don't think "substitution jutsu" or "replacement jutsu" sounds stupid, but you apparently do.
Something I think I forgot to mention in PtD that I'm also seeing here: "team" and "teammate" should not be capitalized.