Reviews for Shades
mildrice chapter 16 . 8/10
I really enjoyed this story. I like how balanced it felt - Itachi changing things didn't make everything perfect, just different.
Totally Kawaii chapter 16 . 8/7
holy shit hello given how few reviews you have for the SHEER QUALITY THIS SERIES HAS BEEN SO FAR here's me telling you that you blew my mind at 3AM and that I can't give you a more satisfactory review until after I've read the sequel, the rest of your fic, and then reread this series all over again.

in between playing Pokemon go of course.
calliopechild chapter 16 . 4/1
Oh, this was lovely! I've been on a time-travel AU fic kick lately, and it is depressingly difficult to find a decent long fic along those lines, but this series definitely fits the bill. Itachi going back has the potential to change so much, and you really made it believable in the first fic of this series, in terms of how much he could fix-but also in terms of how much he couldn't change.

And even though I'm still mad at you for killing off Kakashi, this was a very fitting sequel, and satisfying, in that someone finally put Danzo down. Of course, now I'm depressed this series is over, but at least there's still the wrap-up stories. Thanks for an awesome read!
Shinigami Merchant chapter 10 . 2/14
KAKASHI SENSEI!
jcampbellohten chapter 16 . 10/29/2015
For all the buildup, Itachi's take-down of Danzou, itself, felt pretty brief. I'm okay with that, it just struck me that way.
Nice happy ending. I hope to see in the sequel how the relationships between Genshi and the Leaf-loyals trapped in the village are rebuilt.
jcampbellohten chapter 11 . 10/29/2015
Also, I like how Sakura wasn't useless and hesitating to destroy the eye like she was with Obito in canon.
yeah, Itachi! I'm pretty sure Amaterasu is in the left eye and Tsukuyomi is in the right, though.
jcampbellohten chapter 10 . 10/29/2015
Daaaammnn. And yes, if you mean Itachi's left tear duct crying like Kakashi's did when he got the same eye, then I did see what you did there.

It says that Sakura waited for Itachi "to give to go-ahead" when it should say she waited for him "to give the go-ahead". Also, Danzou started recruiting from the general ninja "populace", not "populous".
jcampbellohten chapter 9 . 10/29/2015
Yay, they're back! Also, using a colon probably isn't strictly wrong, but you can also (and in my opinion, it looks nicer) use a comma in "He said, 'Blahblahblah'" situations where currently it reads, "He said: 'Blahblahblah.'"
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 10/29/2015
Kewl. I'm guessing the chapters of the interquel weren't in chronological order, because if I remember correctly, Itachi got stitched up in Chapter 4 and learned of the overthrow of the village and wondered whether Tsunade was alive in Chapter 5.
About the A/N: What sounds stupid in English is subjective. For example, I don't think "substitution jutsu" or "replacement jutsu" sounds stupid, but you apparently do.
Something I think I forgot to mention in PtD that I'm also seeing here: "team" and "teammate" should not be capitalized.
matchynishi chapter 16 . 9/24/2015
wow. that was.. really so well written though by no w it's really no surprise... the last stand with itachi and danzo.. *sigh* amazing. and itachi's BLUFF! AHAHAA! i really enjoyed this.
KuroitsukiNoMai chapter 16 . 7/2/2015
That was the most beautiful ending. I don't usually like happy endings but... it was just RIGHT.

I found Perchance to Dream earlier today and I've literally been reading this series ALL DAY. (I've gotten nothing done. I blame you. :P) I absolutely love it, I love how you wove two histories together with a plausible explanation, and how you transitioned so seamlessly from the Itachi-centric stories to this one. I was a bit put off at first by the change in POV (normally I hate that), but this time, it fit perfectly with the change in setting, time, and tone of Shades as compared to Perchance to Dream.

Thank you so much for uploading these amazing stories and sharing your wonderful imagination with us.
yuki chapter 3 . 3/14/2015
Realy, Hachibi? come on, Killer B is great ninja. In canon he is a few jinchuriki who survive, and that with group Akatsuki intact, more or less.
narutonarutolove chapter 16 . 9/11/2014
I got goosebumps reading the end, the verse "the symbol of the VIllage Hudden in the Leaves, engraved in polished metal, flashed proudly." moved me a lot.

I really enjoyed this story immensely, and I didn't mind Sakura's POV as much as I thought I would. Using real history with your own twist was definitely enjoyable, and I liked the traditional Japanese language you used.

If you haven't read it already, I very, very highly suggest you read:

Ascendant by Samurai101

Itachi's just died...and woken up thirteen again. The only problem is his thirteen year-old self doesn't like the idea of sharing his mind and body with his clan's killer. How hard would you fight to save your family from yourself?

That story is hands down my favorite, number one drama story. It is amazingly written, and it has little spouts of humor. The story is really good (and considering ive read thousands of stories, and ive declared this one the Best (in drama) out of all of them is saying ALOT)

And you'll probably adore little Sasuke in the story, and the effin SUSPENSION in the story KILLS! I tried to see what would happen next without knowing, AND I COULDNT! Ascendant is just TOO WELL WRITTEN!

-clears throat with blush- I encourage you too read it, if you haven't already, of course.

Anyway!- claps hands- I really enjoyed this story, you made me cry, gave me goosebumps and the true history twisted with your own twist, was very well done. Thanks for writing this story and sharing it with all of us!
narutonarutolove chapter 15 . 9/11/2014
through this entire fight I was like "not even a single one of Kakashi's summons better not die!"
narutonarutolove chapter 13 . 9/11/2014
holy shiz things just got real!