Reviews for Shades
yuki chapter 3 . 3/14
Realy, Hachibi? come on, Killer B is great ninja. In canon he is a few jinchuriki who survive, and that with group Akatsuki intact, more or less.
narutonarutolove chapter 16 . 9/11/2014
I got goosebumps reading the end, the verse "the symbol of the VIllage Hudden in the Leaves, engraved in polished metal, flashed proudly." moved me a lot.

I really enjoyed this story immensely, and I didn't mind Sakura's POV as much as I thought I would. Using real history with your own twist was definitely enjoyable, and I liked the traditional Japanese language you used.

If you haven't read it already, I very, very highly suggest you read:

Ascendant by Samurai101

Itachi's just died...and woken up thirteen again. The only problem is his thirteen year-old self doesn't like the idea of sharing his mind and body with his clan's killer. How hard would you fight to save your family from yourself?

That story is hands down my favorite, number one drama story. It is amazingly written, and it has little spouts of humor. The story is really good (and considering ive read thousands of stories, and ive declared this one the Best (in drama) out of all of them is saying ALOT)

And you'll probably adore little Sasuke in the story, and the effin SUSPENSION in the story KILLS! I tried to see what would happen next without knowing, AND I COULDNT! Ascendant is just TOO WELL WRITTEN!

-clears throat with blush- I encourage you too read it, if you haven't already, of course.

Anyway!- claps hands- I really enjoyed this story, you made me cry, gave me goosebumps and the true history twisted with your own twist, was very well done. Thanks for writing this story and sharing it with all of us!
narutonarutolove chapter 15 . 9/11/2014
through this entire fight I was like "not even a single one of Kakashi's summons better not die!"
narutonarutolove chapter 13 . 9/11/2014
holy shiz things just got real!
narutonarutolove chapter 12 . 9/11/2014
damnit -sniffles with watery eyes at reading kakashi's gift to Sakura-

IM CRYING AGAIN!
narutonarutolove chapter 11 . 9/11/2014
it kinda really dawned on me that Kakashi really IS dead, and I honestly started crying. no! really! I barely started the chapter before my throat closed up a bit and I nearly started sobbing like my friend did when Dobby from harry Potter died.

Thank God this story isn't canon! I don't know what i'd do if my favorite ninja and character was forever gone!
narutonarutolove chapter 10 . 9/11/2014
...
narutonarutolove chapter 8 . 9/10/2014
the handing Danzo the world on a platter part cracked me up. an image of Sakura saying "You want the Sharingan" and her gesturing to Sasuke while saying "Here it is, have Sasuke!"

-grins- that was awesome.
narutonarutolove chapter 6 . 9/10/2014
I tually telling myself aloud "WTF! WTF!" when Naruto burst out all Kyuubi and stuff.
narutonarutolove chapter 2 . 9/10/2014
i loooovve you knowledge of these little Japanese things, im learning lots!
narutonarutolove chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
all in honesty I did not expect to encounter this very large, yet perhaps not very know error, in this story.

Missing ninjas dont scratch their hitai ate, only Akatsuki members do that. So there is not reason why the Genshi have stratched their hitia ate's.

I haven't finished the chapter, but I had to point this out before i forgot!
VJ Riddle chapter 16 . 3/22/2014
This story was really well done! I cried for about three chapters after Kakashi died and kind of desperately hated you the whole time, but it was really well done and the concept, while worn, was originally written and executed. Great!
Maeahru chapter 16 . 3/8/2014
Great continuation of Perchance to Dream! Thank you again.

I liked the Itachi focused story better, despite the fact that you claim he is harder to write for you. This had a lot of fighting and a little less character building... but the fighting was good and the story was still top-class fanfiction. I feel like you used what you had to work with to good effect but I think the breadth of PtD had a lot more potential then a story focused on Sakura and Team 7 while they were in exile, especially with only the 2-3 months timeframe. I almost wish the PoV had been internal-Danzo/Orochimaru as the antagonists and Neji/Hinata/Inoichi/Ibiki as the protagonists. But that would have forced an 80-100k story minimum.

Anyways, everything worked out great and it was a most excellent story. Thanks!
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 16 . 12/27/2013
alright, so kakashi's death about killed me, but the reality of this story - how death DOES come and take away those closest to the characters - was really fitting and added meaning and nuance and feeling, even if most of the feeling was me clutching my heart and trying not to cry. also, i absolutely ADORED naruto, as i always tend to, and the dynamics between him and sasuke and sakura, as well as those three and itachi, were just spot-on and amazing. thank you very much for writing this - again, i enjoyed reading it. :)
Guest chapter 16 . 6/4/2013
Aah... a very satisfactory ending. Too bad Kakashi was sacrificed to the realities of war. Of course, Itachi might not have won without his sharigan eye. I'm thinking of becoming an Itachi fangirl. He's just so kickass effective. I liked that Team7 and Gaara and his siblings got leading roles in this story. Now I'm off to read the mini sequel...