Reviews for Boston
golden starfish chapter 12 . 12/29/2014
A fantastic, tense read. Thank you!
Poet Wroet chapter 8 . 2/2/2013
I like Pete.
KC1965 chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Wow, this is brilliant. Can't wait to read the rest!
898700 chapter 12 . 5/23/2011
This is amazing :3. In a fandom where clich├ęs and story lines keep repeating themselves, it is great to get a plot as fresh as yours. And around a case, and what a case!

Lots of love for the mighty writer ;)
freddlerabbit chapter 12 . 4/6/2011
Nothing can be funnier than an underwear-clad Reid jumping frantically up and down, amid Twinkie wrappers, in order to prevent certain destruction.

However, an even-more-emaciated Reid, stunned from the foregoing events, slumped wearily in front of Morgan, eyes blazing with holy zeal as he contemplates Game 7 - well, that's a close second. My hat is off to you, Lagomorphus Rex!
freddlerabbit chapter 11 . 4/6/2011
Here, I particularly liked Morgan's audible - 'you know what? I'm going to blame it on his parents' - it was endearing and funny. I actually heard him saying all this in Gideon's voice, too. Marvellous!
freddlerabbit chapter 10 . 4/6/2011
I have got to stop reading your stories via printout. Especially on the subway. Because it was bad enough that we have Stickbug Reid hopping up and down, in theory, to save the city of Boston from a bomb - but the mental image of the poor kid jumping furiously as sweat pours forth from his body, in the middle of an abandoned, icky T car, IN HIS UNDERWEAR - this caused me to snort and laugh so hard I had to sit down. On the subway car. In Queens. Please, please, one of these days, you are just going to kill me. I expect flowers at my funeral.

This is also a pitch-perfect mental description of how it feels for an unfit person to throw himself into physical activity and have to keep going.
freddlerabbit chapter 9 . 4/6/2011
I love how Morgan here is not only perfectly-IC protective of Reid and frustrated at having to do the mental part (a brilliant plot switch, btw) - but it's also obvious that part of the two of them are just little boys who can't believe they may actually get to live out the childhood fantasy of DRIVING THE TRAIN. And now I love Pete, who also is a fan of Dr. Reid, the indestructible.
freddlerabbit chapter 8 . 4/6/2011
I love the team becoming a series of mini-Reids (which is a show I would totally watch, btw, in case you're ever in a position to make it happen). And secrets of the MTA! Mwahahahaah!
freddlerabbit chapter 6 . 4/5/2011
Hotch is my least favorite character on the show, because I think there's so little to work with - even fics about him I feel are often 50/50 - as good a chance to be accurate as not. But this is a more than usually believable instance of a Hotchner conversation.
freddlerabbit chapter 5 . 4/5/2011
Anthropomorphizing of Reid's "reserves" is more deadly comedic genius!
freddlerabbit chapter 4 . 4/5/2011
Excellent use of Morgan's specialty against him! And there are some elements here that are so IC for Morgan - the bit about God playing the dice, and how he was always himself - that make the departures from his norm (impersonating Reid) all the more believable and real. Again, really marvellous construction! (I'm reading this in printout in fits and starts, so I'll do a slew of reviews and then fall silent for a bit. Or maybe it's a CODE. . . )
freddlerabbit chapter 3 . 4/5/2011
I think you've got some really lovely bits of subtlety here - and throughout - with Reid taking on Morgan's persona to keep his courage up, and Morgan taking on Reid's to keep him present in their memories (and because he wishes he could take Reid's place?) - and of course, each adopts the other in his own unique way. It's a really well constructed chapter in particular - and piece, in general! And the little bits of sad baseball reasoning slay me. Poor Reid. He got sucked into being a Red Sox fan before he even had a chance. * sniff *
freddlerabbit chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
I love the little bit of "Who's on First" here with them all electing Reid to go - and his characteristic insistence that he'll be fine. Also, I'm not sure whether this was intentional (but of course, I believe anything in your case!) but I love the contrast with "Derailed" where all of them sent him to his doom and were sure they wouldn't see him again.
Mashara chapter 12 . 4/3/2011
I just finished this story and wanted to thank you for submitting (and finishing) it. I found it interesting, well-paced, and humorous. Every now and then, Reid or Morgan would suddenly seem a bit OOC, but their characters went well with the story and achieved their own kind of closure.

P.S. And thanks for having no obvious typos or grammatical errors. This can be a rare find some days!