Reviews for Talespinner
Lady Knight of VT chapter 25 . 4/24
This was posted oh-so-long ago, and I doubt many people are still here to read the reviews on their works (I myself am just returning to the world of fanfic after being gone for several years). It's not stopping me from leaving words, even if it's just me who'll know they're here. This is the first fanfic that has ever made me cry because it ended. Oh, plenty have made me cry throughout-and believe me, yours did THAT as well-but none ever because they were over. I always simply go to the next fic. I came here from PaisleyRose (I'm new to the Labyrinth although it's something I should have seen as a child) and this was on her list of either favorite stories or authors or both...whichever it is. I'd thank her if I could. Now I'm off to bury myself in the rest of your writings. This was a marvelous piece of work. It's almost a shame that it's just a fic, and not a book from you. That is not something I say often here. Thank you for sharing with us.
RatherFabulous chapter 13 . 2/24
Good grief. While I freely admit that it can be a failing, I'm known amongst my (many) siblings as "the cautious one". I am so, however, because the siblings who are not have paid frequently steep prices for that lack.

Sarah reminds me, in some ways, of my older sister. I swear, that woman would stick her arm down a badger set because, maybe, just maybe, it would let her pet it.
RatherFabulous chapter 10 . 2/23
Lovely stuff. I heard echos of "The Velvets" from Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" in the club that the goth teen entered. The dead musician in a previous chapter brought to mind Greg Bear's "Infinity Concerto". (Oh, the passage through the garden...terrific imagery. I need to re-read that book.)

Charles De Lint's "Jack the Giant Killer", I love. A girl Jack! Lucky and mentally tough, just as any Jack should be. Actually, Laurel made me think of that.
Of course, in the original "Grimm's" version of Cinderella, she watered a laurel tree on her mother's grave with her tears, and THAT, not a fairy godmother, was what guided her in the story. (Which I rather imagine you knew...)
Have you read Naomi Novik's "Uprooted"? It's relatively new and I think that your Sarah would love it. (I read it thinking "Oh, please no, another teen-girl-wish-fulfillment-book. Really, though, it was so much more.)

All of these authors lift the edge of the brightly colored, Disneyfied dust-covers that gentrify our primal fear of the dark to give us a peek at something so very disturbing beneath them.

The retelling of fairy tells, turning them, in some respects, back to their original, dark roots has become a "thing" nowadays, one that I really enjoy when it's done well, and I am enjoying your story.

Jareth is scary. He should be scary.
Fae NOT your glittery little friends.
Thevoiceslockedaway chapter 25 . 2/3
Well written, good plot. Always love seeing the soft side of Jareth too.
caughtinblackseyes chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
Awesome
friendrat chapter 1 . 11/30/2016
You know, it's great her parents are willing to help her and all... and I don't approve of student loans, but if they made her change her major in exchange for their help she should have found another way... working her way though, a loan, something. I bet she could have even got more scholarships. She's an adult, out from under her parents roof, she should make her own decisions, mistakes or not. That's how you learn in life.
One percent chapter 4 . 10/31/2016
Sarah has definitely grown in many ways. Let's now see if the Goblin King has changed in any way :D
Again, wonderful story!
One percent chapter 2 . 10/31/2016
I loved this chapter! It's amazing how that last sentence cheered me up! I'm really involved with Sarah's plight xD
One percent chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
Absolutely beautiful. I can feel and understand the despair of poor Sarah. Tobby is indeed here a little ray of hope!
chocokekskrueml chapter 25 . 10/13/2016
I must admit - i was so touched by the ending that I actually shed a tear. Or two. Or a whole ocean of it. This story was so wonderful and it wasn't just some fan story about a movie - it was SO. MUCH. MORE. While reading this I got so many new ideas for my own stories and I love you so much for this. I can't thank you enough for your creativity and writing skill and everything else that made this story oh so perfect.
Thank you for writing so wonderful things. 3
chocokekskrueml chapter 1 . 10/12/2016
Sooo I came here from AO3 to read the whole story (couldn't wait to read it!) and the first chapter is kind of sad - I feel with Sarah, parents can be a pain in the arse when it comes to future plans. :(
I absolutely LOVE your writing style! It's very detailed but you're not getting lost in those details. Perfect. 3
I'm excited to read the other chapters. :3
Boogey chapter 25 . 9/24/2016
This is the story that started it all for me. Talespinner is the reason that I created a profile on here and went on to read other stories.
Nubian Queen chapter 8 . 9/23/2016
So far I am really I to this story. You have good writing style and depth and good characterization. The only issue this far is a bit of anachronism with the email and cell phones since, in 1990-94 when Sarah would have been in college, that was not available. Otherwise, awesome and can't wait to see what happens next!
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 3 . 8/31/2016
Hmm, wonder who this guy is? Yay for a friend for Sarah! Redhats, I have also decided that they are very scary(wikipedia). Very good chapter, thank you. I do like the dreams, but I'm hoping that a certain king will show up soon :)
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 2 . 8/31/2016
Knives-on-velvet, has to be the best description if Jareth's voice that I have seen yet. Also, yay! Sarah is gonna write again! Nice job on the dream too. Thank you for this chapter :)