Reviews for Talespinner
nothingnothingtralala chapter 11 . 5/19
Very, very belated yay on the PhD news! :P
The dress sounds gorgeous, and I'm so excited for the masquerade. What is it about balls and the Fae Folk that enchant humans so? Even the concept is bewitching...
I do like Yera! She's already a rounded character though we've seen so little of her. And if I haven't mentioned it before, I love the way you write Jareth. Everyone has a different take on him, and yours is lovely.
nothingnothingtralala chapter 10 . 5/19
Maaaan. As a writer myself it stresses me out how much Sarah is getting done, while I'm struggling with crippling writer's block and have yet to send out more than a paltry few stories to competitions... No fair. Can I have some of her inspiration?
I liked Sarah's dream outfit very much. Feather eyebrows sound awesome.
nothingnothingtralala chapter 9 . 5/19
Gah, really Sarah? At least say "thank you" before you rudely disappear!
(Sorry, been busy. But keeping the story tab open! And will check out your other writing when I've read this one. :) )
nothingnothingtralala chapter 7 . 5/13
Ooooo.
A CANDIDATE.
Whatever could he mean? ;)

I love how Sarah instinctively heads to the library. She really is one of us!

Also - your descriptions are impeccable. Beautifully crafted.
nothingnothingtralala chapter 6 . 5/13
I really like the links between the Underground and our world that are beginning to unfurl here.

Also... that bastard really is good.
nothingnothingtralala chapter 5 . 5/13
Gosh, I'd love to be able to see the dreams of someone who had read my story! Now I'm really wishing that was possible.

Also it makes me unreasonably happy that you got 'brava' right. Yay for doing research/knowing Italian!
nothingnothingtralala chapter 4 . 5/12
DAT DREAM. Beautifully written.

I like that Sarah is more grown up and independent now. Puts her on a more equal footing with Jareth. Ooh, exciting...
nothingnothingtralala chapter 3 . 5/12
Okay, so... Robert is a dick.
Ugh, I know that's harsh, but seriously, man! It's one thing to be concerned for your daughter's welfare and job security, and quite another to literally say "I am your father, that means *I* do what *I* want with your life, you get no say in it". *ANGRY NOISES* On the other hand, you did a good job of showing a brief glimpse into his mind, and I'd like to see more reasoning so that he's not just a stupidly stubborn guy.
Moving on... go Sarah! Sounds like she's hit on a good, if stressful, solution. And loving the glimpses into the Labyrinth. I wish I could have recurring dreams that involved a labyrinth...
(Are my reviews too long? I feel like they're too long.)
nothingnothingtralala chapter 1 . 5/12
Late to the party, but having a read _
So far this chapter has mainly succeeded in making me furiously angry! I just can't believe Sarah's father would interfere in her life to that extent. Yes perhaps the arguments of "you won't get a job with that degree" (hello, English lit!), which my parents threw at me as well, but ultimately it was my choice and they had zero control over it. Why on earth didn't Sarah simply refuse? She's an adult now, no? Or do things work differently with university in America? Here in the UK it's pretty much your chance to be entirely independent, and the courses, etc all go through YOU - your parents have no right to control them.
Also just GAH SUCH A WASTE OF TALENT AND OF FANTASTIC TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES *rant*
Anyway, intrigued so far, you have a fantastic writing style, reading on :)
Fuzzygoblins chapter 22 . 3/24
GET OUT ME MUMS CAR
Wynni chapter 5 . 1/8
You mean, the woman riding with night elves to fight the Burning Legion?
Kellie chapter 25 . 12/23/2014
I loved everything about this. If I could buy a paperback copy, I would and it would become as tattered and worn as my copy of Jane Eyre I have owned for 20 years. You did a amazing job of capturing the characters. The plot was layered and never felt forced. Your decriptions were rich and painted beautiful pictures. You should be really proud of this.
jaimi-or-jaemi chapter 25 . 12/23/2014
That's a very beautiful ending to the story, thank you for sharing this lovely piece of work
jaimi-or-jaemi chapter 24 . 12/23/2014
Lovely way to fight back, so very her.
jaimi-or-jaemi chapter 23 . 12/23/2014
Poor them, just when they think that something is going right it goes horribly wrong, still I hope they find each other again sooner than later.