Reviews for Talespinner
Azhwi chapter 10 . 1/1/2012
Strahd!

I love you! My ex used to host Ravenloft games, but it got cut off because he went on to be a full-time bouncer at the night clubs. He's still scurrying to this day, though he swears that the game will eventually continue. And yes, we were all goths, and geeks and club goers at that time.

He had the sexiest accent for Strahd too, should have been illegal...

Love the descriptions of the rose vines on Sarah's arms. If I were bolder and less concerned about a day-job, those tattoos would definitely be candidates!
smileyfacebabe chapter 25 . 12/26/2011
Hello!

I would just like to say you're an amazing writer and I enjoyed your story ten time over! I loved all the references to games, like the World of Warcraft boss battle dream and the scenes where Sarah danced, both in the mortal realm and the faerie one. The references to mythology, the unique tale, the beautiful words, the wonderful characters, the strong attitude Sarah has and the wicked, yet lovely attitude of Jareth...

I just loved this story.

It didn't answer all my questions, but I think I prefer it that way. It gives me room to think and add in a bit of my own fantasy and that is what a truly wonderful piece of writing should do; it should make you dream.

So I have to thank you, heartily, because this story has snagged my heart and ignited my dreams.

Thank you, so much.

I wish you the best possible day and I hope you take care.

I also hope you find something in your day to ignite your dreams and make you smile like this story did for me.

UndergroundDaydreams chapter 6 . 12/23/2011
Very much enjoyed their conversation. Looking forward to reading more over the holiday when I get the chance to sneak away from the family festivities. ;)
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 5 . 12/22/2011
I decided I deserved a treat and read one more chapter before bed. ;) Oh, how I love Jareth. :) He's just delicious.
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 4 . 12/21/2011
Yay! Jareth has come! But now I have to go to bed so it will have to wait for tomorrow. :

I followed the "real life" time jumps easily, but got a bit tangled with how the dreams matched up. It seemed to be a continuing story in the dream at first and then it wasn't. But I suppose I should keep reading and perhaps I'll get my answers. ;)

Nice chapter. :)
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 3 . 12/21/2011
Laurel is a nice OC. I quite like her. Oberon, hmm?
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 2 . 12/21/2011
And it's back to the Labyrinth, in her dreams at least. :) She's very brave, but I suppose desperate people will be that from time to time.
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I can see both sides of the situation, Sarah's and her parents. While I didn't major in something "nonpractical", I did major in something very specific and politically bound, and can't help wishing I had majored in accounting instead. Being a grown-up really sucks sometimes when you don't have a fairy godmother, or a Goblin King. ;)

I know that picture! I'm curious to see where you'll go with it. Nice reading do far. :)
Viking Eggplant chapter 25 . 12/7/2011
I'm a little late to the party as it were, but I finally finished reading this! Well done! I really enjoyed this story and I really like how you ended it!
futrCSI1490 chapter 25 . 12/4/2011
Sorry for the delay in review... times have been crazy o_O.

I'm sad to see this tale end, but I truly enjoyed it! And the ending was beautiful and perfect :-).

Thank you for such a great story! Can't wait to read more! _

Thanks!

-futrCSI1490
QueenTatooine chapter 25 . 12/1/2011
THis was a very nice story, I enjoyed it very much. My only real critique is that there was no clarification for time jumps, before a reader realized that there had been a lapse in time of years they were already several paragraphs in and in my case, I had to go back and reread the beginning portion to see it under the new context.

Also, very minor, it would have been nice to have the dreamscapes defined in some way, whether with font or italicizing. Though I can see reasons to leave that less clear.

Overall, very good story and I look forward to seeing what else you pen out.
Istalindir chapter 25 . 11/23/2011
Wow. :D That was awesome. I applaud your writing prowess.
DollPartsRealHeart chapter 25 . 11/21/2011
Amazing, amazing story!
Silvanesti chapter 25 . 11/20/2011
A wonderful story. A masterpiece of plot, excellent characterisations and dialouges, good momentum and a bit of delightful love and dizzieness. Thank you. :)
Elaanabeth chapter 25 . 11/20/2011
Oh. My. God. So I finally got around to reading this last chapter... I have no excuse, I saw the 'complete' at the end of the fic info and I panicked. But yeah, anyways, finally read the ending and OMG! It was perfect! Wonderful! Awesome! Gah! I had odd hopes of like, Sarah commuting regularly between Underland and Above, and I'm not sure how I feel about your own ending- Atcually, I'm really seriously wondering if Sarah 'wishing' herself away means that she was sorta 'erased' from her friend's and family's memories. That idea makes me sad. : ( But in addition to that, I really hope that Sarah can still travel in dreams and keep in connection with her friends/family that way.

Arg, sorry, I'm babbling. What I mean to say is, I loved every moment of this fic. It was amazing and wonderful and the perfect companion piece to the movie and it fills all my wants for a continuation of the story. I'm very sorry to see it ended and I'd love to see something of a sequel. I mean, Laurl keeps having interesting dreams, right? : ) And TOBY! Toby totally needs to have an adventure of his own, yo know what I'm saying? But even if you don't do a sequel, this was just wonderful and I loved how it ended anyways. For a few heart stopping minutes, I thought it was gonna end with Sarah firmly sunk in the human realm, so I"m glad that she took the leap and chose magic over practicality- which I thought made a wonderful rhyme to how you started this fic. I look forward to reading more works from you- especially if they're as wonderful as this fic was. Keep up the lovely work, and thanks for giving me interesting dreams. : )

~~Elaana